Sep 6

Matt and Chris Rap It Up

Are you ready for Monday night’s Yard Crashers episode of Blog Cabin 2012?

Here’s a special treat on the eve of our fifth episode: an exclusive vlog starring Chris Grundy and Matt Blashaw. Watch the video, check out Monday’s tune-in time and check out the how-to project from this episode (instaling a cobblestone system).

Enjoy!

• Posted at 5:14 pm on September 9, 2012

1. little late on copper computer was not in the mood, but anyway i was sorry to hear about copper. hope he is doing great esp, with two ouches, i had a cocker spaniel named lady , she had a lot of problems with her ears, my angel died in jan, she would have been 15 years old in may. i have another dog a golden retriever named j,j, i figure i will need a swim vest for him being that close to water. but he is like me i love the water . can sit and listen to it all day. so looking forward to if i win this home, the more i see, hear, read about it i go crazy (need that river) anyway i get absorbed with the pictures and just in ahh about them! good luck to everyone

bogeyandbacall on September 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm
  2. sorry to be so late about copper, computer didn't want to work or it may have been me, i hope he is doing great esp. with two ouches, i had a cocker spaniel named lady , she had problems with her ears, she died jan of this year , but i had my angel almost 15 yrs. i have another dog named jj. he is a golden retriever who loves water as much as i do. will probably have to get a swim vest for him. everytime i look at the pictures i am in ahh. i find something new and wonderful everytime. i love the shows every monday with the folkes . chris is a hoot. the only thing is i don't like is i have to way for every monday. can't wait to see whole house,and what a beautiful home, i aam in love with everything i see. and who could not love maine . yes it has some "bad" things but i do not know of any place on earth without bad things you learn to take good with bad and i am ready good luck to everyone______________________________________________________________

bogeyandbacall on September 9, 2012 at 6:57 pm
  3. Did anyone say that the tv channel for those who can't find it is HGTV.? I am so happy it is getting closer to the end. I am waking to look at that ktichen big sink and a big fish is in my hand and I am cleaning it. ok. That cobblestone walk can turn into the walk going down to the lake , I wondered about the weather there ,how much rain it gets. Makes for a better walk . Then I said I would put meandering benches for the night walks with hanging pole lights , you can put candles in lanterns instead of using gas or electricity. Makes it seem more romantic. Just dreaming! Just dreaming!

drdonnaa7 on September 9, 2012 at 10:27 pm
  4. News at 9: Sasquatch Spotted At Blog Cabin? lol

Hawkweed on September 9, 2012 at 10:42 pm
    • Greetings Hawkweed ! The video reminds me of an excited "New" Mommy who hands you a photocopy of their "baby in the belly".. Yep, Just TRY getting all excited WITH THEM — Sure enough they will point out the fact thay you are holding it upside down!! :P :$

Lilly on September 10, 2012 at 12:17 am
    • lol–YankeeNuke ( Frank) will enjoy that , Hawkweed.

LLColeman on September 10, 2012 at 2:51 am
    • Hawk that is great, I think that it was shot when we had the virtual cookout and dance at the barn a while back. Thank you for the post. You are right LL, that made my day, until he broke up my guitar.

YankeeNuke on September 10, 2012 at 2:31 pm
    • I knew I left too early!!! I missed Sasquatch at the dance, darn it!!!! I guess that means we will just have to have another cookout and dance in all the fall splendor. Fall is in the air so that fire will feel goooood. :) ^_^

heaven-bound23 on September 11, 2012 at 10:59 am
    • Great idea, heaven-bound23 ! New bloggers are appearing since the shows are airing & contest began. This time it could be a "B Y O B" (bring your own Bigfoot) party…….;)

LLColeman on September 12, 2012 at 4:10 am
    • Great idea!!! BYOB xDxD

heaven-bound23 on September 12, 2012 at 11:30 am
    • LLColeman , I replied to your comment about the BYOB because I loved it and it told me it would need to be reviewed and I see it is not here!! all I did was extend it further with everyone bring their own Sasquatch. It was nothing at all offensive. How ridiculous!!! DIY that was just wrong :| :(

heaven-bound23 on September 12, 2012 at 10:28 pm
  5. well, I guess I have to make this comment on here since I cannot find a contact place on Blog Cabin website???:( I have entered the Blog Cabin contest for the home in Maine from the very first hour. I began to receive reminders to enter everyday but right from the beginning and I know I am not the only one this has happened to: I enter my info and then the next time I return I just have to enter my email once and all the info automatically is placed. Well that has not happened correctly right from the beginning???:(:( All the other websitghts it works-it is just the DIY site I am having this problem?? What gives? I have entered twice from day one-I do hope my enteries are going in???:(:(o.0 I have checked and re-check my info to make sure it is correct? HELP!!

ruffybc on September 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm
    • Are you allowing cookies? that could be why you are not seeing the auto fill work at all. I know that one of the sites doesn't work completely and another one drops the phone number. If you fill in the blanks, send the form and then get the thanks for your entry page you should be good to go. Also, what browser are you using?

YankeeNuke on September 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    • I am doing the same thing. I too have been entering with excitement each day on both sites: HGTV and DIY. Mine are being "auto filled" once I enter and confirm my email account. The only thing I have to fill in additionally is my cable provider, which is "other" because it is not listed. I hope that my entries are going in.

bythebaydreamer on September 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm
    • On the diy sight I have to re enter everything. On the Remodle sight just my e-mail once then everything pops up.

vicki_in_Utah on September 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    • Thanks guys for your input but it sounds like everyone has a different story???:(?? Diy's site is not working correctly. I was getting the reminders for about two weeks then they stopped-also I could fill in the email, etc. one time and it worked, next time it did not??:( The alternate sites are working just fine-so DIY the ordinal site should be working and I do get confirmation "thank you for entering" after I enter all the info. I do believe DIY is the problem not my computer??
      Like I said I do hope my enteries are going in and the site is not just telling me Thank You! Something is very wrong??:(?o.0
      I hope Scripps responds? Good luck everyone.

ruffybc on September 10, 2012 at 4:49 pm
    • To comment on my comments: I just entered again for today on DIY and Remodel sites, I also entered HGTV Urban Oasis and the only site NOT working is the DIY site all of the others are doing what they should be doing. ???? Just saying I would not be surprised if other people are not having the same trouble?

ruffybc on September 11, 2012 at 8:53 am
    • It's feast or famine. Some days all I need to enter is my email and others I have to enter everything. A few times I recieved a message saying "Sorry. Your entry was unsuccessfull. Please try again." Or words to that effect. Those are the days I have to type everything in till I get the "Congratulations…" message!!

Myra on September 11, 2012 at 8:31 pm
    • Myra, hopefully the powers that will be-will see our comments and make proper adjustments:)
      Thanks for mentioning your experience:) Good luck!

ruffybc on September 12, 2012 at 7:25 am
    • The reason that people may be having so many different "issues" with the pre-fills on the contest pages could be which browser you are using, cookie settings, clean up history data on browser exit setting, version of flash player that you are using, version of Java that you have installed, etc. Hope that this helps.

YankeeNuke on September 12, 2012 at 9:14 pm
    • YankeeNuke
      Thank you for your comments:) I am sure you are right (if only I really understood all this computer stuffo.0) I don't mean to be argumentative- I have seen Java and some of the other pop-up on my computer,etc. But, this stuff that is happening is only on DIY, non of the others?? And it has never happened in the past years (many) of enterying these contests??? Thank you for your help I will keep plugging ahead-hopefully they will do something to make it more computer friendly? Good luck to you also:)

ruffybc on September 13, 2012 at 7:19 am
  6. Love everythig about this home!

SusanG1956 on September 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm
  7. Question for everyone!!!!! Please put on your "thinking caps" to go way back, when we voted on Cabin Comforts for the BC..one of the options was Stone Shower Curtain Hooks….and they just happen to win, Soooo, In what bathroom are these "Hooks" suppose to be used???? There is a Spa Tub in the Master bathroom and an odd shape "cubby hole tub" in the upstairs bathroom??? Just curious!
    One more thing, I love gardening and it's my favorite part of the specials… I learn so much from the landscapers, So tonight when I watch the "Yard Crashers" I'm going to consentrate on the plants and flowers, the beautiful fireplace, paver patio, the beautiful deck, dog house and the stepping stones that meander through the grass to the Master Bedroom area and of course, enjoy the beautiful River view if
    they give us a chance!
    I must say their will be some sad moments…I really hope this special isn't as "commercial filled" as the
    Mega Den Special was..They need to slow down so we can see everything!!! Just My Thoughts!!!

Jennie/Florida on September 10, 2012 at 6:41 pm
    • Jennie, I was going back looking at the past BC and the first two had 13 epposodes, and we got good looks at what they were doing, and couldn't wait until the next one to see how it finished. Now they squeeze it all in 4 or so 1/2 hour shows, full of commercials. I sure wish they would go back to having the BC have it's own show and not put as part of other shows IMO…

vicki_in_Utah on September 10, 2012 at 6:52 pm
    • Me too Vicki!!!! Everything is so rushed, but I'm beginning to think it's more important for DIY to get their "Crashers Specials" filmed, than it is for the bloggers to see the start to finish in each room like they use to…Too much action and not enough reveal!!! There is so much we won't get to see and only the winner will get to enjoy the results! I for one, would like to see the loft, but didn't get to see that! I was so disappointed we didn't get to see what was up there..maybe their wasn't anything to see, but I still wanted to see!!! The ladder is pretty steep and small kids could get hurt caring things up and down that ladder without supervision..I would use it for storing Christmas decoration and other seasonal items! Don't see too much storage anywhere else, but that doesn't mean their isn't any… Just my thoughts!

Jennie/Florida on September 10, 2012 at 7:55 pm
    • Photo #7 under Photos for Game Area has the best view of the loft. It is basically just a small area with the old chimney bricks going up the end of it.

izzyguest on September 10, 2012 at 10:39 pm
    • That's an excellent point, Jennie. A shower curtain is an impossibly useless unfit in that cubby hole tub! Therefore those Stone Shower Hooks have no home use at Blog Cabin 2012. I am looking forward to tonight's episode with Matt and Chris. ^_^ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 10, 2012 at 7:55 pm
    • Will I think they showed everything we voted on except the bird bath. I think…

vicki_in_Utah on September 10, 2012 at 10:17 pm
    • Vicki have you seen the 2 Black Arche Lanterns with candles or the copper Solar Rainbow Chimes or the nice Bird Bath??? Those were some of the winners of the comfort gifts also!

Jennie/Florida on September 10, 2012 at 11:17 pm
    • I didn't see the bird bath, I was looking for that. That was with the backyard landscaping. The lanterns and rainbow chimes I didn't see either, I wonder since they were in the Cabin Comfort catagory they are inside? or maybe in the front yard? I think the solar chimes would of been great for the back yard. And the lanterns for the deck. IMO

vicki_in_Utah on September 11, 2012 at 8:58 am
    • Matt & Chris showed the sundail and said it was a bloggers winning vote, but sure didn't look like the one we voted on. But they didn't show the birdbath.

vicki_in_Utah on September 11, 2012 at 1:16 pm
    • Hi Vicki….sorry to say that none of the items we voted on for the back yard were added. The things we voted on were nice looking items and they stuck those old rusted out things in the yard and they will fall apart because they're so rusted..I think it's one thing using nice old antiques, but these things don't even look like antiques and don't come close to what we voted on…I finally saw the birdbath and it looks pitiful!!! Sorry but I'm really disappointed in their selection! Vicki, I don't remember where I saw the birdbath, I will back track and let you know where I saw it….

Jennie/Florida on September 11, 2012 at 6:52 pm
    • Vicki I found the Birdbath…go to Photos at top and go down to patio, that should take you to 19 photos and #14 shows the birdbath….maybe if it were sitting up straight and looked grounded and secure it would look better….I would sand it down and paint it some color other than rust! Positive note….I love these Photos of the backyard, very nice!

Jennie/Florida on September 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm
    • At the risk of getting TD, about the bird bath….I have throwen away better looking things than that thing…sorry …where did they find that? It sure wasn't from any of the sponsors. imo

vicki_in_Utah on September 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm
    • Jennie/Florida, thanks for the find. I had missed that myself and now looking at those again it points out to me that the birdbath & sundial look like they have been just stuck out in the lawn. I would have thought they would have incorporated them into the landscaping theme instead of just out in the middle of the yard!! They appear as an after thought to me. I was reminded though as I looked through the photos about the beautiful lupines, I love them and they grow all over. Some parts of Maine they have actually planted them on the sides of roads & highways. They are so pretty to look at as you are driving.

heaven-bound23 on September 12, 2012 at 11:53 am
    • Hi Heaven-bound…I saw those lovely flowers, they look fake because they are so perfect and look so hardy..I wonder if they would bloom in Florida….I will have to do some research…You know, when we voted on items for the backyard we had photos to go by as to how they look, so I thought these are new items for the home and would last a long time. That nice big Birdbath and the new sundial…I think if we vote on the items in the photo and it won, then that should be the item used in the yard…It doesn't say a birdbath something like this one or not this style but we will replace it with an older one!!! Very miss leading…Anyway, it is, what it is! All those things can be replaced, but shouldn't have to be….Everything isn't perfect, but this home is Lovely and the winner will be truly blessed…All the items in the house are added up tax wise, so the price of the home should be lowered due to a lot of used materials to build funiture and other items… Here this pricey $700,000.00 home is being given away and the winner will have to spend extra money to add things that are really necessary for the home…OK i'll get off my soap box now…Just My Thoughts!
      Have a good day!

Jennie/Florida on September 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm
    • Hi Jennie, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Where they came up with that value of 700k is beyond me!! I feel that is way off base and think that is just part of the hype. I know of homes that are much bigger and really over the top with what it has to offer and even those are not $700,000!!! that is aloooooooot of value for Maine even though we are talking the coast. If I happen to be the one that is extremely blessed to win this home that will be one of the first things to look into is the property value assessment Of course that will be right after I host our Fall Hoe Down in the barn.for all you great bloggers ;) ^_^ LOL, LOL their I go again drueling.

heaven-bound23 on September 12, 2012 at 10:15 pm
    • I bet they have bathrooms on first floor too!!!!!

Jennie/Florida on September 12, 2012 at 11:19 pm
    • and closets in all the bedrooms.

vicki_in_Utah on September 13, 2012 at 12:16 am
    • I bet you are right!!! I was thinking that but didn't want to mention it because I know how everyone is so passionate about the first floor having a bathroom. ;)
      Have a great day.

Having a wonderful week here in Maine, the weather has been gorgeous. Typical fall weather, finishing up the last of my canning so welcoming this great cool weather

heaven-bound23 on September 13, 2012 at 10:06 am
    • YOU'RE SO LUCKY to enjoy the Wonderful weather and Beauty in Maine!!! Have a great Day…

Jennie/Florida on September 13, 2012 at 11:24 am
    • I agree with you Jennie and heaven-bound23 about the price being a little high.
      I said this before and got jumped all over, but I'll say it again.

When this home was listed for sale they was asking 550,000 for it. (I hope that's not what they had to paid for it, it was not worst that much). JMO But then it did come with 51 aces of land and a nice shed/barn attacked to the house. It did have the lake as part of it then too. (Listed as 5 bdrm-3 baths, I believe).
      Now it's only got 21 aces and one barn/shed gone, 2 bedrooms, the closets and a bath gone and no way inside to the basement. (that's 30 aces & lake gone too, remember)
      They did fix it up and gave it new life, made it stronger, more weather tight and gave it that nice back yard and new heating, and you still got the big barn. But I still can't see why it would be value more now, with less.
      I could maybe see it around 300,000, but that's still high, for the house really isn't that big in size wise and you can't really use the basement, that's one whole floor gone and the storage area. Like they say "there are other homes in the area that are just as nice, (same setting & acres) but for a lot less in price".
      This is just my thoughts now, I think they did a great job and all, and any winner would love the place and be very thankful to get it, I just think it's priced a little to high, that's all.

home_girl on September 14, 2012 at 12:07 pm
    • home_girl, VERY GOOD POINTS!!! what about all that this property lost?? no one really talks about that but you are so right. I have looked at alot of the property listed in the Waldoboro area and you could get alot more bang for your buck with other property especially when you look at it in the $700k range. Yes, they did do a great job on the home but let's not try to hide all that this house is not anymore!! so very good perspective. Now mind you I would still be so blessed and thankful for winning this home as I know all you other bloggers would be too ;) I am just saying for me one of the first things would be to get the property reevaluated!

heaven-bound23 on September 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm
    • Hi Home_Girl and Everybody! We are down to the wire! On the valuation of the property, I would recommend having (investing in) 2-3 actual appraisals by a certified land and home property appraiser. I know that costs money but as the winner it is your best chance to be able to justify a different value on the winnings to the IRS. DIY is reporting the furnishings as $60,000. That probably includes stove, washer, dryer, TVs, and furniture, decor. You may wish to get a valuation of all these from a dealer who closes out estates and antiques or a known auctioneer that is experienced and does the same. If the combined figure for the real property and furnishings that you got together separately from the DIY estimate is lower, your tax adviser will likely advise you to use this figure, instead of the ARV. It also would be a wise thing to check and see if the City of Waldoboro has an online means to verify what all the neighboring, comparable properties are assessed. Or you might do it in person. This is helpful to see what properties the same acreage, on water, with same size homes are assessed–even this one. And, you can ask what it will change to, since one barn is gone and there are now only 21 acres. They may want to know if you are going to keep the fields hayed. You can inquire how that affects tax and any other issues, like, some places give Veterans or seniors a break. Check your rights and options. And GOOD LUCK!B)xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 26, 2012 at 7:13 pm
    • Yes, great point Jennie/Florida, I had forgotten all about the shower hooks till you mentioned that. Where the heck are those?? You certainly are not going to use them in either one of those bathrooms so just maybe they are holding out on us. I hope so because I am not crazy about either tub.

heaven-bound23 on September 11, 2012 at 11:10 am
  8. On my feet all day with kinders, need to go shopping for groceries, make dinner, clean up dinner, listen to daughter read and practice piano, bath, bed, take care of the dogs and then… my time. What a treat to sit down, relax and watch Blog Cabin. Thanks for being my (not so) guilty pleasure! I LOVE Monday nights!!!

MarleneD on September 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm
    • I remember those days with the exception of teaching others' children. My son was six when our identical triplets were born. Piano lessons and practices were times three and checking everyones homework… I remember thinking it seemed like so much. Today my son is thirty with a son of his own and the girls will be twenty five in March and I wish I could go back to the days when the house was full of giggles and spats!

Jen4Maine on September 14, 2012 at 9:59 am
  9. Where do I see the video? I just get the description and comments below.

Michelle on September 10, 2012 at 8:03 pm
  10. Love the outside and the bench by the river.

Noreen on September 11, 2012 at 12:08 am