Sep 6

Matt and Chris Rap It Up

Are you ready for Monday night’s Yard Crashers episode of Blog Cabin 2012?

Here’s a special treat on the eve of our fifth episode: an exclusive vlog starring Chris Grundy and Matt Blashaw. Watch the video, check out Monday’s tune-in time and check out the how-to project from this episode (instaling a cobblestone system).

Enjoy!

• Posted at 5:14 pm on September 9, 2012

1. Greetings Fellow Bloogers! I sure am looking forward to Monday evenings yard crashers with Matt & Chris! TOO funny with the whole rap thing! Love the smell of a fired up HOT TUB!! Can truly appreciate the blood, sweat and tears that went into this project! The compass design will ensure that the winner will always find their way back to the simple way of life – and HOME! :) Now back to the rap GO GRUNDY! GO GRUNDY! GO MATT! GO MATT!! Truly Lilly

Lilly on September 6, 2012 at 5:48 pm
  2. Hi All :)
    Loved the video with Matt and Chris! I'm not a fan of wrap music, but Matt & Chris I have to say, it was really entertaining, Good Job! :) Nice to see the guys have a mutual fondness for one another. Really seems like DIY has a fantastic crew! Kudo's to who ever hired all of them.Great mix of guys and gals that have a genuine affection and respect for one another.Nice to see, Thank You…..Windee :)

Windee :) on September 6, 2012 at 6:24 pm
    • Did you get to see tonight's back yard reveal show, Windee? More rap! YUK! But I have to say they did a magnificent job working against the elements–bad spring rains threatening to ruin their jobs– well done guys. Thanks! And Windee , I inserted a small message back where you wrote me, finally. Been fighting a migraine a few days, so have been uninclined to do much writing/blogging… sorry. :) <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 10, 2012 at 10:54 pm
    • Kitty sorry to hear about the migraines – I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN – ugh! The large system that just came through with the barometric changes seem to get me too.. Hope you are doing better. Take Care! Lilly

Lilly on September 12, 2012 at 12:15 am
    • Thanks,Lilly This series of migraines came like a cluster, repeating daily, lightening up and then dropping down like lead balloon at its own timing! I virtually lost the weeks plans– aaargh! A bit better tonight. Hope all is well for you! Good luck Lilly– countdown's on! B):pxD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 24, 2012 at 12:14 am
    • Hi Kitty,
      I didn't get to see the show as I don't have the channel. Sounds like it was good! I can picture them working in muddy conditions in the rain. Sounds like they got their money's wiorth out of their rain coats. Dispite all that, the back yard looks lovely and I applaud them for working thought the spring rains..
      So sorry you have been fighting a migraine. hope you are better now as they can keep one down for days until it passes. I will go look at message. Hope all is well now,……Windee :)

Windee :) on September 12, 2012 at 5:50 am
  3. Everything on the outside IS picture perfect. Anyone know how all those plants Matt and Chris and crew put in are doing?:D

Hawkweed on September 6, 2012 at 6:25 pm
    • In the previous post, a blogger said that the blueberry bushes in back were fine, but the shrubs and flowers in the front yard had wilted away.

LLColeman on September 7, 2012 at 3:20 am
    • Greetings LL, Hawkweed & Fellow Bloggers! I was wondering if it is true that the plants that did not survive will be replaced?? Also if there will be care and instructions of the plants left for the winner?? The winner may be new'BEE' when it comes to gardening/plants.. The "BEE" part was a little add in for those of us who were able to enjoy the cinemagraph from visual designer Jason Kisner back in MAY. It just seems like yesterday… Well, as we await the last few bits of scoop on Blog Cabin 2012 and 'patiently' wait for the winner to be announced my fingers are poised and ready to BLOG on the 2013 Blog Cabin!!! Ouch! Finger Cramp! :) hee hee! Hope I made some of my fellow bloggers laugh out loud! Hee Hee! Happy Day ALL Day! Warmly, Lilly

Lilly on September 7, 2012 at 4:22 pm
  4. Aha! So THAT is where the bench by the waterfront came from! It's not old nor is it from the previous owner, as was guessed. And—this IS a stretch folks–it meets the promised criteria by DIY, "you can be certain that we'll be doing something down by the waterfront…" HEHEHE…B):*:D Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 6, 2012 at 6:45 pm
    • Monday is going to be wonderful and very funny. Matty Blah Blah and Chris Grundy make a for good comedy! And oh, how I love the back landscaping! Grateful also for the child- size door change by Matt with the Doggie Barn–thank you!! xDB)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 6, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    • Greetings Kitty! I thought Matty Blah Blah 'scooted' into the Dog Cabin pretty easily! Maybe he has done it once or twice before?? I bet he must have been practicing his Boot, Scoot, and Boogie dance since the Barn hoe down! hee hee! I think Chris just may have Matt beat though with his Nutcracker performance when he debuted the 2012 Blog Cabin. :P Hmmmm A dance off seems necessary. What do you think? Are you ready and able to judge? Good to Go! Take Care, Lilly

Lilly on September 9, 2012 at 11:46 pm
    • Dance-off seems ideal! :D I'd like to see that! Especially en pointe…. on Trex at Blog Cabin–can't get better than that! haha! :p Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 10, 2012 at 8:19 pm
    • Kitty Who KNEW Chris had Jackson moves??!!?? He never ceases to amaze me – Quite the talented man with the TOOLS, singing, dancing, AND a one man comedy act. Love it! Chris sure has made me laugh out loud on the BC shows this year :) Have a good night ! :) Lilly

Lilly on September 12, 2012 at 12:23 am
    • I agree, it sure was an enjoyable show! It put a giggle in my laugh and a smile on my face. Chris and Matt are a great team. The uplifting personalities, dedication and heart of all the diy crew, make this home even more special and personable to vaction in or live in :) ~ Lisa~

LisaUli on September 12, 2012 at 9:42 am
    • Greetings Kittty and Fellow Bloggers! The bench wil be a great place for views of the water. It is quite the historic puzzle when putting all the pieces together with LLBean's 100 year anniversary! DUCKS–"weather" it is gear for hunting, camping, hiking, Fly Fishing, Canoeing, Biking… just to name a few all comes FULL Circle back to Maine and to the over 100 year old farm/homestead!~!! :) Happy day ALL DAY !!!!!!!!!!! ;P

Lilly on September 13, 2012 at 10:42 am
  5. Thank you Chris & Matt I'm sure whoever wins this beautiful place will appreciate all that you've done!! If I win I'm having a party with all the people who put all their blood & sweat into this diamond!! Wish me luck!
    I was wondering where the bench came from great job I love it!

Blaze on September 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm
  6. Matt and Chris have so much fun working together. It is a sign of true passion for what they do. Its great to know that whoever wins this beautiful home will know it was "rebuilt" by some great craftsman who really, really enjoyed themselves. The compass patio, deck, fireplace, hot tub, and dog palace are all top notch. The new homeowner would have such a sense of pride entertaining family and friends. And for those time when a little serenity is needed, the wooden bench would serve the purpose at the water front. Wow! What a dream come true! Good Luck!

bythebaydreamer on September 6, 2012 at 7:52 pm
    • i totally agree about the beautiful craftsmanship that has gone into rebuilding this wonderful home!!!!!:D

Penginsmomina on September 7, 2012 at 5:35 pm
  7. All I can say is quack, quack, I hope I'm the lucky duck, I said lucky duck! I love the rainhats, and hope perhaps they left them behind in that quirky entry closet.
    I am trying to refrain from the obvious comment about a man in the dog house again! LOL

AnneEliseSouth on September 6, 2012 at 7:53 pm
  8. I'll take it. If not, leave it in the right hands to remain untouched. Party first? Bring Roxie n Baker.

leona777 on September 6, 2012 at 8:21 pm
  9. Great Show!!

Angelways on September 6, 2012 at 9:10 pm
  10. seeing the bc and scenery reminds of an article i read by bill bixby (just loved him) he was dying of cancer that had spread terribly he was sitting in a lounge chair on the beach in hawaii in a bathrobe and it was cool dreary dismay rainy and he looked out and said isn't it a beautiful (wonderful) day i think of that when i look at bc with it being damp, rainy, muddy ,cold and i think what a beautiful home and place everyday i look at something in reference to this home and place i love it dearly and i wish luck to everyone but i pray and hope the home will be mine not going to sell but going to call it home good luck everyone

bogeyandbacall on September 6, 2012 at 9:32 pm
    • me too, me too!!! love the rain!!! grew up with lots of it in Alabama, and in Tennessee, just can't get enough of it!!!!!!!!!! just put on rubbers over the shoes and ur off!!!!

Penginsmomina on September 7, 2012 at 5:32 pm