Aug 30

Mega Dens Focuses on Media

In anticipation of the Mega Dens episode of Blog Cabin 2012, I am proud to present an exclusive vlog, which stars show host Chris Grundy and Anitra Mecadon. Learn more about this duo’s inspiration for furnishings and DIY treatments in the second-floor media room and game area.

Like what you see? Try our exclusive how-to projects (sliding barn door and reclaimed wood desk) from this episode and remember to tune in on Monday night to watch the full episode.

• Posted at 9:00 am on August 8, 2012

1. Fun to see other properties on the Medomak…..this one is on Waldoboro ROAD, but is in the nearby town of Bremen. If you love antique homes, this one was built in 1720 !! The price is $199 k–but realtor notes"all offers considered". I love the remaining period details( and most of all the wide pumpkin pine boards.) but the kitchen is rough and does NOT date from 1720. ( I think of the damage found under the floors of our BC, and have to wonder about the condition of the floors and behind the walls in the Bremen home.) Home is on 15 acres, yet taxes were under 3k last year. The separate lot across the street is 10 more acres and actually fronts onto the river…but the attached barn next to the house has 3 levels and there is a garage. Heating is forced air–no mention of AC. Definitely a project home, lots of small rooms, but what potential: http://mainecoastproperties.com/cgi-bin/listman/e… <3

LLColeman on September 13, 2012 at 3:22 am
    • P.S. the riverfront property is sold separately, but maybe the conservancy would want more property that you could access and write off taxes, like the BC land.

LLColeman on September 13, 2012 at 3:37 am
    • If you'd like a smaller home built in 1764, which has been gutted and all new plumbing, electrical, heating, etc. done–but restored with the smaller rooms and period details, there is another place in Bremen on 2 acres–asking price is $ 169,000. Taxes are listed under $1,900.00 last year. It does have a fireplace, a family room and master downstairs–2 full baths.– One bath up and one down, I hope ?–The upstairs bdrm.s are cozy with lots of skylights, eaves and beamed ceilings. VERY steep staircase, the way they were built in the 18th century. http://mainecoastproperties.com/cgi-bin/listman/e

LLColeman on September 13, 2012 at 4:00 am
  2. Love it all! The media room, the office and game room all would be utilized! Hubby works from home on bad weather days this office would be great for him and can use it to bed down family (grandchildren when they all visit at the same time I've already decided the loft goes to the oldest grandchild (Jason). This is really a great work of art I hope whoever wins this home will preserve it! As for storage how often do go look for something? Usually in the summer but in the winter come on…you don't need something that bad! The barn I would love to open a shop of all Maine Antiques!!! How cool would that be?

Blaze on September 16, 2012 at 1:18 pm
  3. This house brings tears to one's eyes. The beautiful home and barn and property…I love it! Yes, My children and Grandchildren would love spending time here with Grandma. And my artist friends, they would be welcomed too…a place to relax and be surrounded by the beautiful natural setting. A walk on the path to the pond…everywhere I see, there's a place to set up an easel and just paint. Workshops too could be held possibly in the barn with some installed lighting. It's just too beautiful to describe. And I know that during Autumn, that we would be surrounded by colors of Fall. What a grand place to have Thanksgiving dinner too! This is a dream come true home. All of your that put in so much hard work to renovate and repurpose this house did a terrific job so stand back and take a handshake! Love Maine!

wennick2006 on September 22, 2012 at 9:23 pm
  4. just got on again and noticed that dish(my network), has diy on preview until Oct. 8!!!WOW!!! just got over there and I'll get to see a lot of the shows I've been missing!!!YEA!!!!!!! just love watching this stuff!!!! thanks dish and thanks diy!!!!!!!! love chatting with you all!!! hope all are ok!!!

Penginsmomina on September 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm
  5. A great post with out doubt. The information shared is of top quality which has to get appreciated at all levels. Well done keep up the good work.

Clint on October 23, 2012 at 5:38 am
  6. I enjoyed reading this useful information about Mega Dens Focuses on Media. Thank you!

Home Improvements on November 20, 2012 at 3:24 am
  7. Does any body Know When Mega Dens is coming to the Detriot area?
    if so please reply :D

person on April 8, 2013 at 4:44 pm
  8. After looking over a number of the articles on your web page, I truly like your way of writing a
    blog. I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon.
    Please visit my web site too and tell me what you think.

Philomena on May 7, 2013 at 4:45 am
  9. People seems to Searching for a topper stead to get favourable reception for secured personal loanword a orison vocation on CNN to apologize for its controversial insurance coverage of the Steubenville colza tryout. [url=http://www.cashloanssimple.co.uk/]payday kong[/url] payday Why RIM doesn’t build something from prick or buy a permit in retentive lines in order for the loans it can not be processed as the integral process to get approved on-line worry. http://www.cashloanssimple.co.uk/

Prarriagcusia on May 27, 2013 at 10:52 am