Aug 23

Crashing the Blog Cabin Master Suite

Our Bath Crashers episode premieres Monday night, but today we have a special treat: an exclusive vlog starring Bath Crashers host Matt Muenster and Blog Cabin 2012 show host Chris Grundy. See what they have to say about the experience of remodeling both the master bedroom and master bathroom.

And if you haven’t yet, please take some time to click through our before-and-after slideshow, artistic photos and candid, behind-the-scenes snaps from the episode shoots. Enjoy!

• Posted at 1:32 pm on August 8, 2012

1. To all the Bloggers who would like to see Alison and the Kitchen episode again. It will be shown today at 1:30 pm eastern on DIY channel….Josh's Crash is at 1:00pm…My thoughts keep going back to the building of the kitchen table and remembering that when they were assembling the table, Alison's helper brought a painted frame to assemble underneath the table and if I remember correctly, was asked if the paint was going to be sanded off and he said no…That has been bothering me ever since…I can't believe they would really leave leaded paint on wood the was going to be installed especially on a Kitchen table where people will be eating!!! Maybe I'm wrong on this and I hope I am…I would like for you all to see it again, just to make sure I'm not seeing or hearing this wrong!!! Please respond!!!! Jennie

Jennie/Florida on August 31, 2012 at 11:18 am
    • We have young grandchildren (toddlers) and I just don't think that table and ANY other unsealed old painted things would be safe . . . . .I can't believe they wouldn't be responsible under civil and criminal law if they gave something away with such haxards! That being said . . we would have quite a load to the landfill if we won!!!

karen on September 1, 2012 at 10:22 am
    • I am hoping that the way the video was edited, they left out the crucial step of sealing the paint and letting it dry, before the shot of them carrying the frame into the house–but I have my doubts…I saw too much sanding and power sawing going on without dust masks..too risky for me…why should they take other precautions ?

I agree–re-used items could be ok if properly sealed, but one cannot be too careful. my grand daughter was tested for lead at her pediatrician's and a small trace was found. Her brother's test came out fine with no traces…worrisome when it shows up with family members.

LLColeman on September 2, 2012 at 3:04 am
  2. The window seat is my favorite place in the house. What a wonderful spot to have your coffee in the morning !!!

Shorty on August 31, 2012 at 12:18 pm
  3. I love the master suite in fact I love the whole house I could see raising my Granddaughter here. Lookis like a nice place

njre on September 1, 2012 at 5:56 am
  4. I was really impressed with the use of the old doors as the headboard. To get bold paneling like that usually requires layering of different wood trims– how great to do it with a few doors! With a bit of putty and fresh paint, they achieved a very high end look from those old, roughed up doors. I just wish they would have used a bit of that putty and paint on the bathroom doors… especially around those custome glass panes. But, that's an easy fix when I win the house <SPAN class=idc-smiley><SPAN style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: -36px 0pt"><SPAN>;)</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

epiphany101 on September 1, 2012 at 4:36 pm
  5. Go Nathan! Changing the world one weld at a time.

Ray Wells on September 3, 2012 at 11:06 pm
    • Greetings Ray and Fellow Bloggers! Nathan has quite the impressive 'work shop' huh? I thought I read/saw somewhere that he does LARGE flowers as well. If I remember correctly they were pretty awesome. It would be fun to have a welded flower peeking over the railing of your Blog Cabin Deck.. Or maybe a Jurassic Park Frog hanging out in your backyard landscaping as he patiently waits for the hot tub to warm up -hee hee :P Just a LITTLE "surprise" for the guests! :) Okay ~ being a bit ornery now! Off to bed! Good night all!

Lilly on September 6, 2012 at 1:09 am
  6. Just watched your shows featuring Allison crashing the Blog Cabin Kitchen, and Matt crashing the master bedroom and bath. WOW………..I love these guys. I especially love the fact that they use recycled wood to design these rooms, making this home feel so welcoming and warm. Chris you're great, too! My dream is to one day remodel a home using green and recycled products. I will keep watching! Also watched Josh crash the living room. What can I say……………..always beautiful work.

Jean Faciane on September 4, 2012 at 10:22 am
  7. The bathroom was awesome but, there still looked to be alot of space in the bathroom. Could there have been more storage (there can always be more storage)

Randy G on September 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm
  8. Just love the use of old doors in the master bedroom. What can I say, the entire master suite was wonderful. Kudos to Chris and Matt.

Jean on September 7, 2012 at 11:05 am
  9. Love the idea of using the old doors it looks so amazing on the wall very rich! The master bath is to die for and will be a welcome treat after a long day of grilling, volley ball and a swin in the river or a walk to the pond… What a life!! I'm in for the move and responsibility of owning this house!! And oh ya Grundy you can come and spend a weeks vacation whenever you like!! LOL

Blaze on September 16, 2012 at 12:22 pm
  10. It has always been my dream to own a home with an ornate carport.

Bethany on September 18, 2012 at 1:08 pm