Aug 23

Crashing the Blog Cabin Master Suite

Our Bath Crashers episode premieres Monday night, but today we have a special treat: an exclusive vlog starring Bath Crashers host Matt Muenster and Blog Cabin 2012 show host Chris Grundy. See what they have to say about the experience of remodeling both the master bedroom and master bathroom.

And if you haven’t yet, please take some time to click through our before-and-after slideshow, artistic photos and candid, behind-the-scenes snaps from the episode shoots. Enjoy!

• Posted at 1:32 pm on August 8, 2012

1. I wrote in a different spot but am thinking this might be the place to ask my questions! Am I the only person concered about lead paint being brought into the hopuse with the old peeling cracked paint on the underside of the kitchen? Is this house insulated and have proper furnaces for winter ? And finally, any idea what the property taxes on this house going to be?

karen on August 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm
  2. missed a word and messed up others . . sorry! The lead paint concern is on the underside of the dining table! It didn't appear that they were going to seal this!

karen on August 29, 2012 at 8:58 pm
    • Hi karen—on the BC website they have a section with safety tips ( but from earlier videos plus tv show it does not appear that the tips were followed ! )

LLColeman on August 31, 2012 at 4:05 am
  3. What an absolutely Beautiful home. I can only dream my husband and I would be the lucky ones to win it. It has been mentioned in a few posts that the home may be difficult to sell. I would not have that worry…my husband and I would pack our bags and move the next day. Thanks DIY for giving us all a chance to dream and to enjoy some very wonderful craftsmanship. God Bless everyone who took the time to repurpose such a beautiful home.

Cindi Luman on August 29, 2012 at 11:32 pm
  4. <3 I wanted to know the address in Waldoboro. Does anyone know it? I know it must have been mentioned and I must have missed it.
    I am so much a "Down Easer" and have missed it for so many years…I am ready to go back. Texas is so hot and well, I am a country girl but I miss the seasons. And I really love this home! I can't dream or imagine one more beautiful for me and my family.

seeingtoomuch on August 30, 2012 at 7:39 am
    • I believe it is 620 dutch neck road and if I am correct there are homes very close by.

karen on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 am
  5. Victoria Lesser,
    if you're reading this and you seem to be the one answering the questions for us, could you please tell us why they didn't put back the inside stairs to the basement back in? I know this is a big concern for everyone here and we would really like to know the reason why. We just think it would be hard for winner of this home to have to go though that small outside door to get into this basement (in the winter too). Making it hard to use the basement, and making it a wasted space.
    Was it for a safety reason or just because they didn't want to fix walls down there or didn't think it would be safe for a living space? We would really like to know the reason why they wasn't put back in, that's all.
    If you could answer this for us, we would really appreciate it…
    thanks

home_girl on August 30, 2012 at 9:01 am
    • Great question Rhonda! we all are wondering, because a basement where we can store extra food items, winter veggies, deep freezer, seasonal storage, since there's no attic storage; also, access to all house systems panels and operations. That basement access from inside is important and should have been kept by the builders!!!o.0=/<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 30, 2012 at 1:51 pm
  6. Good Morning to all….We have a new Thread!!!!!!

Jennie/Florida on August 30, 2012 at 10:08 am
  7. Canb't believe what a beautiful job you all have done on this house. I can well imagine myself soaking right into the deep chairs in the living room, or whipping up a great meal of local foods in the kitchen. Praying that I win this house so that I can do some genealogy in the area, and return somewhat to my family's roots.

Barb on August 30, 2012 at 4:59 pm
  8. When will the full episode of Bath Crashers be available to view online. DirecTv in my area doesn't offer DIY so I can't view it. Would really like to see the most recent episode of Blog Cabin !!!

Myra on August 30, 2012 at 8:29 pm
    • Correction, they offer it for extra $$ so we don't get it in our house.

Myra on August 30, 2012 at 8:30 pm
    • Myra, I am happy to say that the tv episodes of 2012 Blog Cabin are on this site–at the top of this page is a bar, and one selection on the bar is "videos". If you click on it ,the first few t v shows are available online –and no commercials to sit through!

LLColeman on August 31, 2012 at 4:16 am
    • Thanks. LL Coleman. I kept clicking on the Full Episodes tab and only the first two episodes were up.

Myra on August 31, 2012 at 8:15 pm
    • OK. I just clicked on your link and all I get are the 2-3 minute videos with Grundy doing the tour. I'm looking for the full episodes of the show. There are two under "Full Episodes" tab but I want to see the others.

Myra on August 31, 2012 at 8:19 pm
  9. Mary, Thank you for briniging us another sneak peak! Anitra, Chris and the gang has brought us a wonderful space to relax and regroup aith family and friends. Although I love the sleeping nook, I think my favorite space is the game room. I can imagine placing cards, board games, or penny poker with old friends and new alike. Looking forward to seeing more!

bythebaydreamer on August 30, 2012 at 8:47 pm
    • I agree. I love the game table and, if I were to win, the 4 barrel type chairs from the living room would come up to surround the game table. I'd move those black metal chairs to miscellaneous places. The living room, to me, needs a larger sectional or 7ft couch and love seat, and ottomans to allow for more group togetherness, comfort and seating, along with views of the Medomak River! After all, that area is presently the only downstairs public interaction space and the only area that allows for a lovely view!^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 30, 2012 at 9:59 pm
  10. Oh what a beautiful place..Standing on side of the road looking toward the river is a lot larger than 4 acres.What a beautiful view.Yes the house has a homey feel. Love the whole thing.I got a big kick out of the sign on the red barn i had a great grand dad that was a farmer in Alabama in the 1800's who also had a large barn. His name was Jacob. The same as on BC's barn. Maybe this could be a good omen. Whoever wins this home it will be a true blessing.They will also fall in love at first sight. I know that i did.Good luck to each of you and God bless.

Cindy on August 30, 2012 at 10:31 pm
    • Thank you, Cindy and good luck to you as well! P.S. I was there a few weeks ago and breathing the fresh air of Maine is the BEST! ^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 31, 2012 at 1:37 pm