Aug 23

Crashing the Blog Cabin Master Suite

Our Bath Crashers episode premieres Monday night, but today we have a special treat: an exclusive vlog starring Bath Crashers host Matt Muenster and Blog Cabin 2012 show host Chris Grundy. See what they have to say about the experience of remodeling both the master bedroom and master bathroom.

And if you haven’t yet, please take some time to click through our before-and-after slideshow, artistic photos and candid, behind-the-scenes snaps from the episode shoots. Enjoy!

• Posted at 1:32 pm on August 8, 2012

1. I have been thinking about those metal dining table chairs. When I was growing up my grandparents had a farm and I visited other farmhouses of their friends and family. No one would have ever had their guests sit on metal chairs at the dining table — always there were wooden chairs. If the red accent was important to the overall design for this project, they could have painted the wooden chairs red. Plus metal chairs are just not comfortable for sitting at meals or continuing post meal conversation. Easily replaced though.

izzyguest on August 26, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    • I think the red metal chair would be great for on the deck. IMO

vicki_in_Utah on August 26, 2012 at 5:14 pm
    • Maybe they would be more comfortable with cushions? I think I would try round ones… Kitty:)

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 26, 2012 at 9:46 pm
    • Cushions would make them look more inviting, Kitty, The thought of cold metal on your behind first thing in the morning is not to inviting. IMO

vicki_in_Utah on August 27, 2012 at 12:30 am
    • izzyguest, you are so right!! My Grandmother would actually be appalled to think of having those metal chairs for her dining room chairs definitely does not go if you ask me in that house and if I am so blessed to win, they will be one of the first things to go over to the barn to fix a nice sitting area for the barn dance, LOL :D :D

heaven-bound23 on August 27, 2012 at 9:44 am
    • I love them and the cushions would warm them up fine.

minitoni on August 30, 2012 at 9:19 pm
  2. This House is awesome!! you guys did a great job on it. Ill never win it but just wanted to give kudos to you guys for all your hard work. It looks amazing!

April194 on August 26, 2012 at 10:57 pm
  3. I want to learn how to weld! Hey, Blog Cabin, you should have a contest where the winner gets to learn how to tile or run plumbing or weld at the site.

TeAmoHGTV on August 27, 2012 at 1:20 am
  4. I love watching this video. Matt and Chris make a great team, and seem to be having a good time bringing the designers and bloggers ideas (and then some) to a reality. Such skill and attention to detail in every nook and around every corner. The Master Bedroom and Bath are incredible. I can imagine waking up some late March morning, seeing the sun glisten on the fresh fallen snow, hearing the cardinals and an early robin singing outside the window welcoming the early signs of spring. Oh the lucky one who win this wonderful home. I am hoping it is me!

bythebaydreamer on August 27, 2012 at 1:30 am
    • Greetings bythebaydreamer & fellow bloggers! I agree the attention to detail and skills of the "drill team" are incredible :) Waking up in the Blog Cabin would be truly wonderful ! The pieces of the puzzle are fitting together quite nicely.. So much fun to watch Chris & Matt :P Looking forward to more reveals and laughs! :) Good luck to all!

Lilly on September 5, 2012 at 2:38 am
  5. The blog cabin 2012 is absolutely awesome! I love the preservation of the original look, the furnishings and all. I originally grew up in a farn built back in the 1800s, the best memories I ever had. I still have of a dream of being able to go back to that simple life. I tell my children all the time, some day we are going back! To be able to relive a piece of history what a true dream.

polarbears6cubs on August 27, 2012 at 6:52 am
  6. This is a work of art. I love looking at all the details and marveling at the creative ideas that came to life in this home. Even down to the smallest details like the clock on the wall that can hold jewelry. I love the railroad ties and using local craftsman. There is so much thought put into the details. This is a dream to look at, and I can just imagine hours of enjoying the view, reading some good books, and building new memories for whoever wins this beautiful home.

Patti on August 27, 2012 at 8:34 am
  7. Hey Grundy, you can come visit anytime…the dream is still alive!

memanbepa on August 27, 2012 at 10:54 am
  8. Hello David! Yes, I often wish that you could appear in my home magically with a can of paint. Can you paint me a floral on canvas after I win the Miami Urban Oasis?

P.S. There was a pop-up video paint info-mercial with David Bromstad…..did anyone else see it?

Summer on August 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm
  9. I love this house, how it was designed and all of the colors and details. It is a beautiful mixture of old and new, modern and traditional. As a matter of fact, we just had our home re-sided and it turns out that the blog cabin is the same color siding as ours. I think this may be a sign…. Whatever happens I hope that whoever wins will love and appreciate this home as much as my family and I will. By the way, Chris Grundy is awesome. I love his personality

minnesnowda on August 27, 2012 at 8:19 pm
  10. Hello Bloggies! As we await tonight's Master Bed and Bath Crash, here's a link to Knickerbocker's just released take on Repurposing items at Blog Cabin. Some of us are on their email contact list, so this is for those of you who aren't. Knickerbocker was the Maine Design/Builder that worked with DIY to build Blog Cabin.
    Enjoy! :D B)<3 Kitty