Aug 13

House Crashers Takes You Inside

Don’t forget to tune in tonight to watch the first episode of Blog Cabin 2012, when Josh Temple and his crew make their mark on this spectacular midcoast Maine home. This morning, I invite you to watch a behind-the-scenes teaser that features exclusive details from Josh and show host Chris Grundy.

Take a peek!

• Posted at 8:37 am on August 8, 2012

1. I currently live in the before version of this house in New Hampshire. Please come and update my house. I wish this could be done for me. Anyone want to volunteer? I find new surprises in every room when I attempt to do anything. This is amazing!

williestruck on September 20, 2012 at 7:25 am
  2. This wonderful home renovation is inspired. The workmanship is superb; and I'm amazed by the attention to detail. All of the design elements honor the home's rich heritage, heart and spirit in a way that isn't often seen in a project like this. It seems like this was a labor of love for all those involved. Great job, everyone! Anyone who wins this beautiful home would be proud of the history that is behind this log cabin.

Paul on September 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm
  3. Our house is a very, very fine house
    With two cats in the yard
    Life used to be so hard
    Now everything is easy
    'Cause of you

Kathy on September 26, 2012 at 4:27 pm
  4. Okay, as a recent retiree I now have time to explore the unknown. This family of people who blog about homes is amazing. I could use so much help with advice about what to do next (on my own) as I am a retired teacher from NJ and certainly not rich. An earthquake last August (yes, in NJ) seemed to sink one end of my deck (built in 1996) and one end of the cement slab of my porch (built as part of the original structure in the early 1980's) 2 and a half inches. I was able to jack up the deck and add cement to the support pillars of the deck but I have not yet tackled the porch problem. I am assuming I must add cement to level it out. I am not sure how that should happen. The piers were easy – I drilled holds and put in 6 inch pieces of metal stuff that my father told me to use, framed it, added cement, and all looks good. The porch is perplexing because I do not see how to make the new cement bond to the old cement especially at the leveling point where it is the thinnest. My father has been my stronghold for all of my projects. I love him and he does always know what is the safe and financially best move but I feel, at age 61, with my father at 89, I need to start being smarter myself. Should I take a course somewhere? Please offer your advise – I thank anyone for anything they have to offer.

MLMcK on October 10, 2012 at 6:16 pm
  5. i love how you are recycling the lumber. this is wonderful place. very peaceful. i love it.

ann verrett on January 22, 2013 at 1:44 am
  6. One word BEAUTIOUS!!!!!!!!!!Wish it was mine. All that worked on this project have been given a gift from God ..my poor husband can't hardly tell one end of a hammer from the other, he's a 70 year old man of many talents but not building.

Kay on August 26, 2013 at 2:48 pm