Aug 13

House Crashers Takes You Inside

Don’t forget to tune in tonight to watch the first episode of Blog Cabin 2012, when Josh Temple and his crew make their mark on this spectacular midcoast Maine home. This morning, I invite you to watch a behind-the-scenes teaser that features exclusive details from Josh and show host Chris Grundy.

Take a peek!

• Posted at 8:37 am on August 8, 2012

1. The attention to the details…large to very small…mixing and matching antiques with modern elements are perfectly combined (love the door knocker, old sewing machine base used, too many to list). The entire property is…perfect! I love this blog cabin. The person that wins this will be extremely lucky. However, I would be jealous, because I hope it is me!!!

chewag01 on August 19, 2012 at 1:55 pm
  2. This is a picture of my dream home, seriously everything I could imagine and more, the house, inside and out, beautiful all way around, the location, the landscape so beautiful so breathtaking!!! I could just picture living there,I luv Maine, the shops, the town everything about it amazes me. You out did yourself with this home!!!! Luv it! Cant say enough!!

Deborah Baker on August 19, 2012 at 10:42 pm
  3. Hello Everyone,

I absolutely love this house. As a person who does animal rescue, this place would be a Godsend. I rescue anything that needs rescuing, and I do mean…anything! Just ask my husband and kids about the 3-baby skunks I saved and took in 4-yrs ago. LOL! I currently have to rent pastureland and it makes it difficult when the property is not your own. Here… I could finally rest easy knowing the horses are in plain view. This would give me the opportunity to take in more equines and others in need. Everything about this house I love. The kitchen is the heart of the home. I have to tell you, I am very happy that the barn was left in tact. Nothing says farm living like an old barn in its original condition. You all out did yourselves this time. Thank you for saving this old place. Good luck to me and all that have entered. ;)

Hugs & Love,
    Linda :)

Linda on August 21, 2012 at 4:11 pm
    • That's odd, my user name didn't show up. LindaLFK – truly_gifted

Linda on August 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm
  4. When I win this house, my plan is to move back to my home state of Maine from Colorado and host wounded warriors and their families for getaways. I volunteer here at the USO and cannot think of a more amazing way to say thank you to our troops than to offer a much needed respite for a week in such a beautiful, soothing place, complete with tour guide who knows and loves the area! As the mother of a disabled combat vet of OIF, I know what this can do in the healing process for the most deserving group of Americans I know!

leannladwig on August 22, 2012 at 12:26 pm
  5. I love the cabin. Can you tell us more about the property? I love the outdoors. Is there water? Beach?

Karen on August 26, 2012 at 9:08 am
  6. Absolutlely perfect for us, our children, grandchildren, family and friends. Life is much too short not to share beautiful experiences and love.

Marilyn Booker on September 3, 2012 at 2:34 pm
  7. This beautiful house gives me peace of mind…

Stephanie on September 5, 2012 at 11:23 am
  8. Beautiful remodel even if on the rustic side in places it is quite luxurious. I'm still wondering about the decision to only leave basement access from hobbit door outside and would have preferred to have a fully accessible house. It will be nice for whoever wins it, the lower level seems accessible at least with a walker. So there is hope. Great job everyone involved so far! Victoria, your eye is great and your picks in barn have come in very handy in each episode. I love the ladder with shadow boxes upstairs although it's not that popular. I can add art to every wall open space and be very happy here. Once I get the barn in shape to be a workshop that is and basement acccess from inside–begone message center!

minitoni on September 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm
  9. I was wondering ( after trying to guess ) where is the basement entrance? I love the mystery of basements. I am a creative person and always into mischief. I love to recreate and create. Please tell me how to get into the basement. Also, can you keep horses there?

Sheila Montgomery on September 15, 2012 at 9:52 pm
    • I mean: Can you keep horses on the property? I would love to raise horses if I won.

Sheila Montgomery on September 15, 2012 at 10:00 pm
  10. FiremanEd if I don't win, I hope it is you!! Hubby and I are getting close to that age (58) and would love this home to live in and pass down to our children as a vacation home when we pass on. As for the complaints because there is no main level bathroom for guest then all I say is let them climb the stairs or use the master! Taxes well that is a finacial issue for some for us we would sell the house in NH as we plan on moving to Maine for the next installment of life. I love all the design elliments of this home why complain when it's free! Designers great job especially working some of the old eliments into the home that belong there!!!

Blaze on September 16, 2012 at 12:53 pm