Aug 13

House Crashers Takes You Inside

Don’t forget to tune in tonight to watch the first episode of Blog Cabin 2012, when Josh Temple and his crew make their mark on this spectacular midcoast Maine home. This morning, I invite you to watch a behind-the-scenes teaser that features exclusive details from Josh and show host Chris Grundy.

Take a peek!

• Posted at 8:37 am on August 8, 2012

1. Wow! You've transformed this classic old Maine farmhouse into a showplace. Thank you, everyone, for all your hard work. Even if I don't win this property, at least you've given all of us the opportunity to dream about winning it for a while. I call that a win-win situation!

Linda on August 14, 2012 at 11:37 am
  2. Fingers crossed!!

Tania on August 14, 2012 at 7:13 pm
  3. My dog Tank and Buddylove would love this place.

Kathy on August 14, 2012 at 7:27 pm
  4. I have looked and looked – can/t get enough of dreaming of living in it for the rest of my life – having room for my grandchildren to visit.

Gloria Stephensen on August 14, 2012 at 10:45 pm
  5. When I win…Can I keep Chris Grundy, too? He might be needed. I wanna play with his tools; although, I have tools of my own. Gotta love a girl with her own power tools…Gotta REALLY Love a girl who KNOWS how to use them. Hey – daddy was a building trades teacher so I was sort of obligated to take the class…for TWO YEARS. Thank God for my genetic LOVE of all things building related! I could have SO much fun with this crew. (Now, before anybody gets all bent outta shape…though factual, I jest.) ;)

tr15h64w on August 15, 2012 at 12:03 am
  6. This is a home that I truly pray that I could enter into day after day, it is loving, relaxable, and full of detail that give you and the family peace of what a home so feel just as Chris that once you enter into it that you will not wish to leave. and that is what I am feeling when I look at this home.. God be with us on this sweepstake enter..

Priscilla Henderson on August 15, 2012 at 8:51 am
  7. This is a wonderful felling home. Pulls at your heartstrings. Thanks DIY for the dreams that it could happen.

Loving it on August 15, 2012 at 11:08 am
  8. Beautiful place, and a great job done on the remodel.
    We actually drove by when we were in Maine and took some pictures of our own, and the property is as gorgeous as it looks.
    And like most people we'd love to win the place, however as others have mentioned I'm not sure we could afford to win it.
    The rules say you will be given a 1099 for $700,000, which means the winner will owe income tax on that amount, plus any state and local taxes.
    That means the winner could conceivably have to come up with nearly $200,000 out of their own pocket.
    Not to say it isn't worth it, but it makes it very difficult for the average person.

Frank on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 am
  9. ITS JUST THE COOLEST

LISAFOS on August 15, 2012 at 2:30 pm
  10. OMG! Absolutely amazing! It WILL be mine! I was born and raised in Maine, my dream has always been to have a place of my own instead of staying with relatives and friends when I am there. I have been landlocked in Colorado since I joined the AF 30 years ago, can't leave my grandchildren! Just have to take them back home with me! Once a Mainah, always a Mainah!

leannladwig on August 15, 2012 at 8:42 pm