Jul 27

Enter for a Chance to Win the Dog Condo!

Blog Cabin 2012 Dog Condo Anitra Mecadon

Remember the dog house designs you voted on during our People’s Choice program? Anitra Mecadon, an avid dog lover and animal rescue and no-kill shelter advocate, and her Mega Dens crew built both!

The winning Dog Barn design is a fixture at Blog Cabin 2012. The Dog Condo was donated by DIY Network and the Petco Foundation to the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society, an organization that provides a safe haven for over 5,500 sick, homeless and abused animals in the greater Androscoggin area per year. The condo features a removable roof, an outdoor patio and a plexiglass sunroom and comes complete with pet supplies courtesy of Petco and signed autographs by Anitra and her crew.

Even more exciting news? The Dog Condo will be raffled off during the 16th Annual Strutt Your Mutt Dog Walk and Pet Festival on Saturday, September 15, 2012, at Petco in Auburn. All proceeds from the raffle will directly benefit the Humane Society. Raffle tickets are available for $5 each or three for $10 and can be purchased at the Humane Society or printed off their web site at SavingPetsInMaine.org.

“It is an honor to be part of this truly unique experience; not only unique for our shelter but for the residents of Maine,” says Steven Dostie, executive director of the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society. “We are very grateful to Anitra and her Mega Dens crew for donating their time and talent to benefit our cause. We hope the community shares in our excitement and this special opportunity to be part of something extraordinary!”

“Blog Cabin was the perfect opportunity for us to have a positive impact on a local level and a great way to give back to Maine and say thank you! I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to design and build a doggie condo to donate to the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society,” says Anitra. “Now I don’t know about you, but when I think of Maine, I think of lobster and barns. What you are seeing is my modern interpretation of a barn, and yes, it is lobster red. I can’t lie to you. I love the finished product so much I wanted to keep it. Whoever ends up with it is going to be one lucky pup!”

• Posted at 11:48 am on July 7, 2012

1. How fun…….Maine has an Annual Strut Your Mutt Dog Walk and Pet Festival. This is an event I'd like to participate in after I win this home. I am sure my dog would love it! And, best of all…….all of the proceeds from the raffle go to the Humane Society.

Summer on August 4, 2012 at 10:00 am
  2. That dog house is uglyyyyyyyy! Does it keep your dog warm in the winter!?!?! Voting on these doghouses, they really didn't show much.

tinkerbell on August 4, 2012 at 1:04 pm
  3. :D My corgi would LOVE this!

Jenn on August 4, 2012 at 6:56 pm
  4. Long line the "fido condo" !!

Kevin on August 5, 2012 at 9:53 am
  5. Can i have the girl instead of the dog barn? Anitra is one talented beauty! I’m probably in the dog house now.

Madaboutyou on August 6, 2012 at 10:31 am
  6. I like that the condo roof is detachable, and there is a plexi-glass moon roof. This is good for 2 reasons:
    When the roof is off, the dog gets plenty of sunshine. And, the plexi-glass moon roof protects the dog from getting wet on a rainy day.

Summer on August 6, 2012 at 11:28 am
  7. Doggone it! It seems like we've run out of things to say about the dog house. It's red, it's as chic as a poodle fresh out ot the groomers salon. But…………….Mary, really……….. look at Anitra, she's wearing a winter coat, boots, and gloves!
    Have a little mercy on us, where I live, it's been 90 degrees for a month. Everytime I look at Anitra in winter wear, my core temperature feels like it goes up a few degrees.
    It's a cool picture in as far as it's really neat, but it's just too hot for the "dog" days of summer. Please may we have another picture?

AnneEliseSouth on August 6, 2012 at 6:26 pm
  8. Dear Mary, the "Doggie getaway" in the back yard is just too cute. Anitra and crew did a great job and some lucky Doggie will love to spend time outdoors and chill out. They can enjoy watching wildlife and the great outdoors and feel safe in their little Condo…But the Doggie Thread has somewhat expired due to lack of anything else to talk about…Regretfully everyone doesn't have a dog to share the interest.. I for one…
    But here it is Aug. 6th and the excitement is beginning to build, but we have 7 more days to wait for the Big Reveal so, Could you please give us just one more Thread so we will have something to chew on until the big day??? Can't wait for someone to win this Beautiful Old Farmhouse..Hope it's a BC Blogger???
    To fill in the gap, my suggestion for the last thread would be to give Jason and his Crew recognition for the front landscape because everyone else had their time in pics and slides….We think Jason and crew deserves their Cudos Too…..Please Mary?? Thank you Mary, We appreciate you and all that you do!!!!

Jennie/Florida on August 6, 2012 at 8:28 pm
  9. “This event is a lot of fun and raises money for a good cause! It's about a mile walk then there are booths to check out and lots of interesting doggies to see. If you don't have a dog come anyway.”

www.oc-repair.com on August 6, 2012 at 9:50 pm
  10. Congratulations to all who worked on the Mars landing ! Also, I have been over the moon about the many great performances from the Olympic athletes. While we await updates here on the blog, here is some "out of this world " photography from a great talent, who is a friend of Chesapeake Bay Woman. Kate and her husband had a week on Mount Desert Island, Maine, and toured this beautiful garden . If you visit Kate's blog, "Chronicles of a Country Girl", her other recent posts have more lovely shots of Maine.
    http://chroniclesofacountrygirl.blogspot.com/2012… <3

LLColeman on August 7, 2012 at 12:26 am
    • To see other posts, scroll to the bottom and click on "older posts" at bottom right.

LLColeman on August 7, 2012 at 12:28 am
    • LL, Thank you for sharing!!! Absolutely Beautiful work..Loved all the flower gardens and scenery…. Everything looks so lush in Maine….Kate has a great eye and captured so much beauty everywhere …
      Love it……Now I "really" want to visit Maine!

Jennie/Florida on August 7, 2012 at 10:16 am
    • LL… I forgot to mention, I was up all night Sunday nite into early Monday morning watching the NASA channel when Curiosity landed on Mars…What excitement it was to see all those who worked so hard to make this a History making event and a BIG goal for NASA…I watched all the news conferences..What excitement it was for all the teams..Teamwork all around!!.That's what
      it takes,,,
      I think I got to bed around 3:00 am..It was hard to settle down, thinking of what just happened..
      It's amazing….I'm so proud of NASA, their teams and their partners who were all part of this Historic event!!!!!
      Can't wait to see what Curiosity finds on it's journey! I think the best is yet to come……

Jennie/Florida on August 7, 2012 at 11:27 am
    • You are welcome, Jennie ! I love all the cool greens in the photos…refreshing to look at. Kate is a wonderful photographer.

LLColeman on August 8, 2012 at 3:46 am
    • Wonderful pics on country girl blogspot. A true inspiration.

Hawkweed on August 7, 2012 at 11:51 am