Jul 27

Enter for a Chance to Win the Dog Condo!

Blog Cabin 2012 Dog Condo Anitra Mecadon

Remember the dog house designs you voted on during our People’s Choice program? Anitra Mecadon, an avid dog lover and animal rescue and no-kill shelter advocate, and her Mega Dens crew built both!

The winning Dog Barn design is a fixture at Blog Cabin 2012. The Dog Condo was donated by DIY Network and the Petco Foundation to the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society, an organization that provides a safe haven for over 5,500 sick, homeless and abused animals in the greater Androscoggin area per year. The condo features a removable roof, an outdoor patio and a plexiglass sunroom and comes complete with pet supplies courtesy of Petco and signed autographs by Anitra and her crew.

Even more exciting news? The Dog Condo will be raffled off during the 16th Annual Strutt Your Mutt Dog Walk and Pet Festival on Saturday, September 15, 2012, at Petco in Auburn. All proceeds from the raffle will directly benefit the Humane Society. Raffle tickets are available for $5 each or three for $10 and can be purchased at the Humane Society or printed off their web site at SavingPetsInMaine.org.

“It is an honor to be part of this truly unique experience; not only unique for our shelter but for the residents of Maine,” says Steven Dostie, executive director of the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society. “We are very grateful to Anitra and her Mega Dens crew for donating their time and talent to benefit our cause. We hope the community shares in our excitement and this special opportunity to be part of something extraordinary!”

“Blog Cabin was the perfect opportunity for us to have a positive impact on a local level and a great way to give back to Maine and say thank you! I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to design and build a doggie condo to donate to the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society,” says Anitra. “Now I don’t know about you, but when I think of Maine, I think of lobster and barns. What you are seeing is my modern interpretation of a barn, and yes, it is lobster red. I can’t lie to you. I love the finished product so much I wanted to keep it. Whoever ends up with it is going to be one lucky pup!”

• Posted at 11:48 am on July 7, 2012

1. Great presentation.
    Thanks for sharing this idea interesting blog, Please continue this great work.really help me lot in that. Thanks for publishing :) <a

href="http://rustysolomondisbarred.netdataweb.com/>Rusty Solomon

reputationmanagementservicess on November 30, 2012 at 7:06 pm
  2. Great if I can't win the blog cabin the runner up for the doggie den. Or both would be nice I can dream real big.

Steven N on April 1, 2013 at 8:09 pm
  3. Good write-up, I am normal visitor of one’s web site, preserve up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor to get a lengthy time.

acne on May 6, 2013 at 8:39 pm
  4. It was really helpful that you are sharing this details to your readers, I do personally having a worth while in the article. Thanks for sharing such good release.

Patrick Hospes on June 6, 2013 at 6:45 am
  5. Get that dog out of there, I am coming around with my belongings, so clean all the dog hairs out, I'm moving in as soon as you give me the address, I hope it is warm in your part of the world.
    SERIOUSLY..love the doggie mansion..

Gordon Youd on October 17, 2013 at 6:27 pm
  6. This is great. When this offer be available again?

Hunting Labradors on March 28, 2014 at 7:00 am
  7. I wanna win this dog condo :)
    by the way from where to buy it and how much it costs?
    Labrador Hunting Puppy