Jul 27

Enter for a Chance to Win the Dog Condo!

Blog Cabin 2012 Dog Condo Anitra Mecadon

Remember the dog house designs you voted on during our People’s Choice program? Anitra Mecadon, an avid dog lover and animal rescue and no-kill shelter advocate, and her Mega Dens crew built both!

The winning Dog Barn design is a fixture at Blog Cabin 2012. The Dog Condo was donated by DIY Network and the Petco Foundation to the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society, an organization that provides a safe haven for over 5,500 sick, homeless and abused animals in the greater Androscoggin area per year. The condo features a removable roof, an outdoor patio and a plexiglass sunroom and comes complete with pet supplies courtesy of Petco and signed autographs by Anitra and her crew.

Even more exciting news? The Dog Condo will be raffled off during the 16th Annual Strutt Your Mutt Dog Walk and Pet Festival on Saturday, September 15, 2012, at Petco in Auburn. All proceeds from the raffle will directly benefit the Humane Society. Raffle tickets are available for $5 each or three for $10 and can be purchased at the Humane Society or printed off their web site at SavingPetsInMaine.org.

“It is an honor to be part of this truly unique experience; not only unique for our shelter but for the residents of Maine,” says Steven Dostie, executive director of the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society. “We are very grateful to Anitra and her Mega Dens crew for donating their time and talent to benefit our cause. We hope the community shares in our excitement and this special opportunity to be part of something extraordinary!”

“Blog Cabin was the perfect opportunity for us to have a positive impact on a local level and a great way to give back to Maine and say thank you! I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to design and build a doggie condo to donate to the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society,” says Anitra. “Now I don’t know about you, but when I think of Maine, I think of lobster and barns. What you are seeing is my modern interpretation of a barn, and yes, it is lobster red. I can’t lie to you. I love the finished product so much I wanted to keep it. Whoever ends up with it is going to be one lucky pup!”

• Posted at 11:48 am on July 7, 2012

1. I have been trying to fill out to win home but state & cable comp.willnot work.it’s sue ward 422 w.jefferson.st muscoda,wi 53573 sueward380@gmail.com dishnetwork.

sue ward on August 25, 2012 at 9:27 am
  2. I have two little puppys and they would love a home of there PennI would love the house & dog house to live.

sue ward on August 25, 2012 at 9:30 am
  3. Dear Mary, I'd love to have one of the dog condo for my puppy. she'll love it. Please !!!!!

u-thaiwan on August 28, 2012 at 10:53 am
  4. I adopted two dogs from the animal shelter in calif…..one is a chi terrier and a new one is a chi pinzer..he is so cute and sweet….he is only 5 inches tall……they would love a barn like this and so would I…:D

Madeleine on August 29, 2012 at 5:14 pm
  5. What an awesome design for whoever is the luckiest pooch! After trying to beat the heat the last two years here in Texas, my Kemah would love to chill outside (her fav place). She would probably never come back in my house.

Barb on August 30, 2012 at 5:05 pm
  6. Lil Man would love that

Joanne on September 5, 2012 at 12:13 pm
  7. Any pooch would be happy to get this doggie house. How about giving it to a shelter for some poor pooch being adopted

Joanne on September 8, 2012 at 12:19 am
  8. My border collie, Baylee would love this new "retreat". She loves to run,run, run. When she isn't running she is either "herding" our cats, or sleeping, so the Doggie Condo would be perfect for her!

bythebaydreamer on September 12, 2012 at 5:25 pm
  9. What a perfect dog home. It goes great with the Blog Cabin. Hope to call them both mine.
    Thanks

Cynthia Cotter on September 17, 2012 at 1:59 pm
  10. I agree, coolest Doggie Condo ever. Just love the color and style. Lucky Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEAN FACIANE on September 25, 2012 at 9:50 am