Jul 24

Choose the Blog Cabin 2012 Banner

Blog Cabin 2012 Banner Vote

Today, I invite you to participate in a very special poll. Our visual designer created four possible banners, one of which we will post along with the virtual home tour on August 13, 2012. We’d like you to help us choose the best design.

Please review the banners and pop back here to cast your vote. Voting closes on August 3, 2012, at 5 p.m. ET. The winning banner will be posted on August 13, 2012, at around 9 a.m. ET. Keep checking Blog Cabin Central for the updated look.

• Posted at 4:19 pm on July 7, 2012

1. Today is Frank's Plenty Ninth Birthday–That's YankeeNuke, if you don't know him as Frank. I found out quite by accident, when he messaged me on Facebook and I checked out his Facebook site. So I want to wish him from all us Bloggies a very Happy Birthday, and many more to come!

Other news from Maine, Gary and I leave Saturday for Virginia. Alas! I hate to go! Today has been foggy as pea soup. Can't see Pemaquid Lighthouse right in front of our cottage, nor the water and rocks, though we can hear the surf and waves crashing. Also, bleh! on the cell phone connections here–it has been miserable! And I've been losing computer network connectivity and have to run a fix program every few seconds, so it is really distracting and unnerving to use the laptop. To those up in Maine I had hoped to meet, I'm sorry. Time just got away. It has mostly been a quiet, restful period–and that suited my sensibilities well this time. BUT—–Can hardly wait to be able to connect with Home_Girl so we can post pictures–you're not going to believe what we've found!!!:p:pxD<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 2, 2012 at 10:01 pm
    • KITTY! UGH! We gotta wait for the "you're not going to believe what we've found"??!??
      Have you ever felt like throwing yourself on the floor kicking and screaming?!? – Yep, I am talking about a whiny horrible TEMPER TANTRUM ! :( OKAY – - – - deep breaths – - – the feeling is subsiding – – Now to gather myself together and gather a bit more patience… Whew! That was a close call – I sure did not want to "lose what little patience I have left!" — OH NO! I am quoting my Mother! Say it isn't so! She always said just wait until you are an adult then you will understand!! :P hee hee
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK! :) CELEBRATE ! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Lilly on August 2, 2012 at 11:49 pm
    • Hey! Twinkie replies!! Must be a Twinkie Tantrum…ooo that's twice as bad!! I know, Lilly, it's hard to wait, but Home__Girl is in Dresden, ME taking care of her Mom and step dad after her mom had surgery. That's South of here, near Bath. She doesn't have her web page computer stuff with her so we have to wait till she's back home. I didn't even get to meet her! Carole,or Camac is such a sweetheart! We went over to Lisa's but it appeared Lisa and her Alpacas were elsewhere too. The fertilizer stuff you and Jennie brought was amazing!! From my little money tree, we may be able to restore the barn, Put a studio workshop in it, plus electricity and water—And have enough money leftover to…NOW, ONE OF US HAS TO WIN THE BC!!!.:DxD<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 3, 2012 at 9:38 am
    • Hey Kitty! Hey Kitty! Not sure what is up with the twinkie replies.. : )
      Lots of spoke's needed to make a wheel go – huh? Well, you sure have done a lot to create that wheel and the more spoke's the stronger ! :) You have been a busy bee and I am so glad the furtilizer Jennie & I brought helped out your "little" money tree project~Who are you kidding!? It had to REALLY produce to do all the wonderful things we all wanted for the barn! It was a GIANT money tree!
      What an incredible journey this has been for all of us Bloggin Buddies! I sure hope you are right and one of US will win the 2012 Blog Cabin! Our most precious commodity is TIME -Thank you so much for the special time you, 'the Bloggers', the Gang in front and behind the scenes, & DIYers took to create this special place! Good luck ALL! Truly, Lilly

Lilly on August 3, 2012 at 3:19 pm
    • The suspense is killing me. I am sure it's a great find judging by your statement"Your not going to believe what we found"……Lilly move over….I'm gonna join you if it's ok….Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
      Do we know when Home girl will be home? How about a little hint…..just a little one :)
      Please, pretty please with a cherry on top!……:)
      Too bad you didn't get to meet with Lisa but so glad you got to meet with Carol and Camac! That must have been a lot of fun. Good for you!…..Well Kitty, hope you and Gary have a safe trip home. Talk to you soon……………..Windee :) :*<3

Windee :) on August 3, 2012 at 9:44 pm
    • Happy Birthday Frank!!!!
      Hope you enjoyed your special day!
      Windee :)

Windee:) on August 3, 2012 at 9:47 pm
    • OK LIlly and Windee, move over..I can't handle this "you won't believe what we found"!! What kind of statement is that Kitty, you of all people, how could you do this to us???? What ever you found, you can share it with your old Blogging buddies, we won't tell anyone, if it's a secret !!!! Remember that is one of the reasons you went to the BLOG CABIN, was to get some surprise findings that hasn't been shared by Mary or anyone from the DIY Crew! How could you keep this find from us and make us suffer like this?? I'm getting faint !!!!
      I'm so glad the magic mixture of Fertilizer is doing great wonders for the little Money tree, now the barn will get in top notch shape…Great for the new homeowner! Preferably a BC Blogger…Now kitty what did you find??? Have a safe flight home, I hope you have blue skies all the way to VA!!!
      Be Safe!!!

Jennie/Florida on August 3, 2012 at 10:38 pm
    • Lilly, Windee, and Jennie– It's late and we have to finish cleaning up the cottage and final packing early a.m. and head to Manchester, NH airport for flight home. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mysterious, but in this case, the best way to explain it is, a picture is worth a thousand words….. <3<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 3, 2012 at 11:47 pm
    • Hi Kitty, I came back to see which banner had won the vote, and found your post.
      Like everyone else,
      I'm excited to "see" what you found!
      You are a very capable writer, so if it would be hard for You to describe with words, this must be something unique :)
      I hope you & Gary had a wonderful vacation in your beloved Maine, and have a safe and easy trip back to your VA home. I know when my family returns from vacation there is much to do, so I will try to wait patiently for your reveal. All my best to you!

Mel on August 4, 2012 at 6:32 am
    • Dear Kitty, I hope you do know I was just joining in with Lilly and Windee with the crazy excitement of knowing that you actually found something that sounds so mysterious, But I also know if it were possible for you to share your find with us, you would have done so…
      I'm so glad you and Gary were fortunate to view the BC and surroundings and get a feel of what it would actually be like to live there. I do hope that Money tree flowers with the green backs soon…Maybe Camac will water the tree now that you're leaving. We are looking forward to seeing the Pics you and Gary took at the BC..Oh I guess you know that "Our Banner" didn't win!!!! Bummer….Have a safe trip home!!!

Jennie/Florida on August 4, 2012 at 10:30 am
    • Banging my hands on the floor…………LOL…….Hint: inside or out? Planter boxes? The alpaca's moved in? Miracle grow made the money tree grow to the top of the barn with plenty of off shoots? They built tiny cabins all in a row on the edge of the property so as not to obstruct the view for the winner but so all the folks that didn't win could go to Waldoboro too?A sign that says another blogg cabin coming soon right next door? Uncle, I give. Here's a little castor oil for home girls mom………only kidding……Windee :)

Windee :) on August 4, 2012 at 11:56 am
    • I know what it is….you and home girl found Waldo!!!! LOL……………….Windee:)<3

Windee :) on August 4, 2012 at 11:59 am
    • Windee–Too, too funny!!! Did you eat your lobstah I brought you? And see our crop??:*:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 9, 2012 at 10:32 am
    • Kitty,
      Thank you so much for the lobstah! Licking my lips and rubbing my tummy. I'm stuffed to the gills…did you catch it? :) Thank You! Here take my spaghetti and meat balls, I can't eat both…..:) Home made sauce and meatballs ;)
      Didn't see the crop……dandelions?.Maybe I have to run to another website…..Gotta make like the wind and go :) BRB

Windee :) on August 10, 2012 at 11:21 pm
    • Greeting fellow Bloggers! As we await Kitty's "reveal" are you catching any of the special snippets on the DIY channel? I turned on the T.V. and wondered why the NUTCRACKER was on in August.. Grundy has an especially smooth sissonne– or I think that is the name of the move… or was the move much like the name of the ballett Chris??!? Hee hee!! :P

Lilly on August 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    • Kitty, you can send me pictures any time, took my computer with me. Beside my husband does it anyway and he was home with the main computer.
      I am home now (Friday); the second shift took over, I been there a week and now my mother is home too. My family is happy to have me back home with them. Place was a mess to clean up, but house was still standing :-)
      Thanks for the good wishes and thoughts everyone.
      Sorry to have missed you too Kitty, I kept waiting for an e-mail or call for a visit, I thought Dresden would be closer to where you was staying and we could check the area out. But glad you was able to rest and enjoy your stay here in Maine, maybe the next time you visit here we can get together.

home_girl on August 4, 2012 at 12:21 pm
  2. Hi to all, just dropped in after spending a week with my Brother in Clermont, FL….I would like to share this with all of you animal lovers….We know how we hurt when we lose fury friends, so now i want to share with you what it must be like for our fury friends to lose a Mom or Dad.
    My brother and his wife moved to Arizona after Hurricane Andrew flattened most of South Florida. They
    lived through this terrible destructive Hurricane, but decided to go West away from the Tropical weather. My brother and sister in law are BIG animal lovers and has always had animals… My sister in law couldn't have children, so after moving into their new home, my Sister in law went to the SPCA to check out the animals and wanted another kitty so she chose this Beautiful little Norwegian Forest kitten 8-weeks old..What a wonderful Mom she was to "Baby Cat" and she carried the kitty with her everywhere she went … In 2000 they move back to Florida and settled in Clermont, a great area with Beautiful rolling hills..
    Baby Cat, now 13. (continued)

Jennie/Florida on August 3, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    • (continued)
      My Sister in law was not feeling well one day and went to the Dr. who diagnosed her with Leukemia and she passed away within a year of returning to Florida. A terrible time for all of us. After she passed, I would go to Clermont to check on my brother and B/C would try to attack me when I went into my Sister in law's bedroom. He wouldn't attack men, only the females..He was protecting her room. After she passed, he slept on her bed every nite. The kitty's heart was broken…The kitty and my brother finally became real pals about 5yrs ago and he started sleeping with my brother. Last Friday morning my brother woke up and Baby Cat wasn't on the bed so my brother went looking for him and found him on my sister in law's bed and he had passed away. When I got there, we had a funeral for Baby Cat and I stayed with my brother until he convinced me he was OK. The whole week was terrible and hard for me to watch the pain my brother was going through…He lost his wife who was his best friend and now he has lost his best buddy…I'm so thankful my brother has great caring neighbors who are checking on him and visit with him daily….

Jennie/Florida on August 3, 2012 at 1:17 pm
    • OH MY Jennie! 'BIG HUGS' for you and your Brother! SO glad to hear how caring the neighbors are with his situation. Reminds me of the saying it takes a village to raise a child – - nice to believe that people do care and will help when they can! I am a big believer in what goes around comes around ~ Take care of each other :) Warmly, Lilly

Lilly on August 3, 2012 at 3:28 pm
    • Thank you Lilly, it has been very difficult to see a family member hurt as my brother does over a Cat, but I know that he was thinking about his wife and how much she loved Baby Cat too….Sad situation but hopefully as the days go by he will get busy in his garage and start painting again..
      He quit after his wife died…just lost interest…She was an artist too and she got him interested in painting to start with…I hope his neighbors will continue to check on him, they have my number if they need to call me, but I pray he will come out of this and maybe get him another little fury friend

Jennie/Florida on August 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm
  3. YankeeNuke…….Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Frank, Happy Birthday TOOOO… YOUUU!!!! It's time to CELEBRATE and have a good time!!!!!! Yah Hoo!

Jennie/Florida on August 3, 2012 at 3:45 pm
  4. Dear Home Girl,
    Hope your mom is feeling better in no time at all. Hope your holding u[ well too, not easy being the care giver.Wishing your mom a speedy recovery.
    Windee :)

Windee ;) on August 3, 2012 at 11:06 pm
    • Thinking of you home girl and wishing you and your family all the best 'BIG HUG' Truly, Lilly

Lilly on August 4, 2012 at 3:54 pm
    • thanks Lilly
      now we wait to see what doctors have to say is wrong with her.

home_girl on August 4, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    • Rhonda, I'm at the airport, waiting for flight out of Manchester NH. I'm concerned for your Mother's latest situation and am going into prayer for her now,as I await. I'll begin sending you pictures and try to number and give them captions. You may wish to release them as your own situation is relieved. Surely the blog will understand.^_^ I had major computer issues as well as telephone problems in Maine. I'm so sorry we didn't get to connect. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling the best for driving nor passengering around. Stayed in cottage most of the 2 weeks and read, while absorbing the breathtaking view. We never got to Bath nor Dresden, or elsewhere, for that matter. Love and hugs, Kitty<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 4, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    • thanks Kitty,
      I am glad you got to rest and just enjoy the view there, it is such a peaceful place, we would go there in the summer when I was little because my mother loved that area by the sea. It's good sometime when you go on vacation just to rest , relax and enjoy the view and not have to rush all over. Just glad you got to go by the BC to see it and got to visit with carol, maybe next time. I pray you have a safe flight home. Please do send the pictures, and I'll get them up as soon as I can.

home_girl on August 4, 2012 at 5:25 pm
    • Home Girl,
      Good Luck to your mom. Hope it isn't serious.
      Windee ;)

Windee:) on August 4, 2012 at 8:53 pm
  5. Hi Home_girl, I join with Windee in wishing your Mom a speedy recovery and hope she will be up and about soon…You take care too, as Windee said it's not easy being caregiver, it also wears on you, so take of yourself…….

Jennie/Florida on August 4, 2012 at 10:47 am
  6. living room nook.

RuthieKay44 on August 4, 2012 at 4:22 pm
  7. off topic and an up date: my mother is now home again, but in more pain. They had to drain her knee, but so far no infection. Praise God. Still not sure what is wrong, but she is with her family, my sister and sister in-law are nurses so they will take good care of her now.
    thanks everyone for well wishes and prayers… Rhonda

home_girl on August 4, 2012 at 10:20 pm
    • Glad there isn't an infection! Sounds like she is in good hands with family nurses to look over her. That must be a relief for you to have your sister and sister in law looking after her. Wishing your mom a speedy recovery once again.
      Take Care,
      Windee :)

Windee :) on August 6, 2012 at 9:55 pm
    • yes she is and thanks Windee. I am happy that she in good hand for they would know what to do for her better than i would. When she gets to feeling better and don't need as much care, than they pass her back to me, so they can get back to work ( their jobs).

home_girl on August 7, 2012 at 1:24 am
    • Hi, Home_Girl! I, too, am happy that they didn't find infection in your Mom's knee. Hope is responding to pain meds now and is resting better. Am continuing to hold her and your entire family in my heart and prayers. How good it is, that you have Family members who are medical professionals and, who can help out during this more difficult period!

I sent out some pictures last night to your email address–hope you received them. Post when it's convenient for you. Working on next batch now and will try to finish tonight. Hope everybody enjoys and savors the surprise "happy" I brought you all from Maine! 2 lbs. each and taste great with drawn butter! Photo included! :*:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 7, 2012 at 10:50 am
    • hi Kitty,
      I reply back to you, but got a message saying you need to know me to receive them. I got pictures as soon as my husband get home he will load them out there for me. I have them in place just waiting for him to OK and put there.

Mom doing better last I heard. thanks

home_girl on August 7, 2012 at 11:02 am
    • So sorry about that, Rhonda! I forgot to tell my Spaminator your address–my apologies–and it is fixed. I have doctor's appointment this afternoon, then I'll come back and try to get some more pictures ready to go. I realized how we'd have some overlap photos from the barn ones you took. Gary thought the view with all the trees and brush cleanup would give info about what needs to be done. :( Thank you so much, again, for your help!^_^:*<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 7, 2012 at 12:56 pm
  8. Dear Kitty, we haven't heard from you since you returned home…I hope you had a good flight home with no problems…I pray you're not having terrible pain from your trip. I know it's very difficult to sit for a long period of time when your body is in pain.. I have lower back problems and know how It feels when I sit for a long time! Total pain for me….Even though you didn't get to do everything you had planned to do,,,You still got to see Maine and stay in a beautiful place, you got to see "Our" B/C Farmhouse and the old Red Barn we're trying to reno and you got to plant the ever so famous B/F Money Tree and had some great Lobster…yum, I'm so envious…you got to meet Camac and eat at Moody's…Who knows, maybe you'll just be the lucky winner of this beautiful home on Dutch Neck Rd. and get to go back to do the things you missed and more!
    Kitty please take care and chime in and let me know how you're doing….I'm worried about you and I care!

Jennie/Florida on August 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm
    • Dearest Jennie, Thank you for your sweet post! Our flight was fine, but we were delayed a couple hours in Manchester, NH, due to a horrible lightning storm. Even our luggage was soaked, before it could be pulled back in out of the elements. Everything came on too fast and it was unsafe for fueling, loading, etc. so we sat on the plane till it was over. Scary and close by. Saturday was a long day, since we left our log cabin at 9 a.m., but our flight wasn't till 5:15 p.m. even so, I did better physically with the return trip and I'm thankful for that. Tired, but I could sleep–except my Zuri was so glad I was home, she kept climbing on top of me and kneading me (her nails need trimming! yikes!) so now I have road maps all over my arms, chest and tummy. It has been a welcome home party to outdo welcome home parties for Zuri! She hasn't stopped yet and wont let me out of her sight without calling out for me!!! LOL!
      Hope you and everybody enjoys the Lobster I brought you! Love and hugs to you! I think the pictures will start being posted sometime today. Keep checking http://www.yourespecialtoo.com everyone! :D ^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 7, 2012 at 11:11 am
    • Hi Kitty….The Lobster was Delicious…I had to get someone to cook it for me..Kitty a long time ago, my Husband and I went to the Keys with 6 other couples and we caught a lot of Lobster and we took them back to our place to cook them and of course being the Host and Hostess, my Honey got the water started out on the beach and I volunteered to cook them….Well the first one went OK, but the second one cried out loud and a sound I will never forget. I felt so bad to know that I had caused that pain, I couldn't do any more and the guys took over….it took me a long time to eat Lobster again…
      the other girls wouldn't cook them either, but they sure didn't have a problem eating them…The Guys teased me, but I know how I felt when I heard that cry!! That was that, no more!!.Thank you again for thinking about us…You're very thoughtful !!!! One more thing…I posted above, about my brother and his "Baby Cat", it was around the same time the Doggie Condo thread started, so I didn't know if you had a chance to read it. I wanted to share this with all of the animal lovers, who have lost their Pets,

Jennie/Florida on August 10, 2012 at 6:32 pm
  9. Kitty pictures are up on my site for those that want to see them. She'll send more later and I'll put them up too.

if link don't work try (Waldo- house on bottom of page.)
    yourespecialtoo.com

home_girl on August 7, 2012 at 6:25 pm
    • Thank you so much for posting and for making that surprise so fun!!! :) I Loved the finale! Even Gary and I were surprise and laughed till our sides hurt!:D that's all folks! Maybe a little genealogy on private email next? Praying for your Mother's swift recovery. I go in for a bunch of tests and biopsy tomorrow. Gotta get some rest. Good night… Great job! Love, Kitty<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 7, 2012 at 10:50 pm
    • Thanks and I pray your tests goes well for you.

I am glad you and Gary enjoyed it. Hope all the bloggers will get the see the big surprise you found at the BC, that could only be seen in pictures. Will the story there, hope they all go over to the site to see what it was, that you wanted them to see.

home_girl on August 8, 2012 at 12:32 am
    • Thank you, Rhonda! My tests went well, now, the anesthetic has worn, so I feel the owies… :S Now 2 weeks of waiting… but it was an exciting day at the Medical College research Center where I went for tests: soon as I arrived, we had a fire drill! Good thing it was then, instead of during my tests when I would've had one of those open little hospital gowns on, if you know what I mean! LOL!!! gotta keep your sense of humor! :p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 8, 2012 at 5:09 pm
  10. FINAL MONEY TREE PIX ARE POSTED!!! xDB):*<3 Kitty
    http://www.yourespecialtoo.com and scroll down to Blog Cabin Link

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 pm
    • If you haven't looked yet, you might want to go check it out.
      What a great surprise!

home_girl on August 8, 2012 at 12:36 am
    • OH MY KITTY! The HI-brid money tree sure has created HIgher denominations!! Who would have thought Benjamin had it in him?!? : P Jenny WE did it! Kitty's money tree soaked up the fertilizer and really produced some incredible fruit!
      Kitty all your hard work, love and "sweet chatting" most certainly was the reason this money tree produced some luscious fruit!! As a fellow Blogger who has been privy to your "sweet chatting" I do believe that your 'essence' is probably what made the money tree take off ! BIG HUGS!
      I hope and pray that a BLOGGER WINS this year! GOOD Luck ! Truly Lilly

Lilly on August 8, 2012 at 11:56 am
    • Homegirl thanks for posting! TEAMWORK!
      T ogether
      E veryone
      A ccomplishes
      M ore
      W ith
      O ur
      R espective
      K nowledge

Lilly on August 8, 2012 at 12:19 pm
    • Love it!!! Big hugs back at ya!!!^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 8, 2012 at 4:58 pm
    • It was fun helping with the surprise, Happy to do it.

home_girl on August 8, 2012 at 9:04 pm
    • Thank you so much for your help again!!! How's Mom doing today?:D:*<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 8, 2012 at 5:00 pm
    • She doing much better thanks, Pain med's working and her blood count is now going back up. She able to move more now that the pain is under control. But she a week behind in healing and moving, but doctor said she doing well for being behind.
      thanks again everyone for well wishes, I passed them on and she says thanks too.

home_girl on August 8, 2012 at 9:02 pm
    • So glad your mom's condition is improving! That's great news! Wishing her continuing progress at a rapid rate! .
      Windee :)