Jul 24

Choose the Blog Cabin 2012 Banner

Blog Cabin 2012 Banner Vote

Today, I invite you to participate in a very special poll. Our visual designer created four possible banners, one of which we will post along with the virtual home tour on August 13, 2012. We’d like you to help us choose the best design.

Please review the banners and pop back here to cast your vote. Voting closes on August 3, 2012, at 5 p.m. ET. The winning banner will be posted on August 13, 2012, at around 9 a.m. ET. Keep checking Blog Cabin Central for the updated look.

• Posted at 4:19 pm on July 7, 2012

1. Love the glow of the lights on the deck at dusk. I can hear the crickets chirping. But, I also love the cozy nuk. Nothing like a room with a view.

zepher1 on July 25, 2012 at 10:24 am
  2. Oh the stress of making such an important decision this early in the day is weighing heavily on my mind, however I've done the deed and cast my vote for the ……….a…… .

Hmm, must be something wrong with my keyboard this morning….

Oh well, it seems that the Back Deck at Dusk has taken an early lead out of the gate, and though I'm not a betting man (well, not on the DIY blog at least) I'd say that may well be the banner under which we'll soon be gathering to catch a close-up of this wonderful Maine Blog Cabin.

No matter the final result, I'll come to terms with it, my enthusiasm for this gem as strong as ever, and for which I promise, as that famous song goes, to forever let us hold our banner high, high, high, high!

DBCoop on July 25, 2012 at 11:18 am
    • Mickey Mouse! Donald Duck! Mickey Mouse! Donald Duck! Forever let us hold our banners High! High, high, high! Whom or what do we love best? I was just there… I go with the truth in advertising–straight forward–High post beam front house w/ barn shot. Maybe that will reduce competition???:p;)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 25, 2012 at 1:21 pm
    • Coop, were you wearing your Mouseketeer ears as you were typing ?

LLColeman on July 26, 2012 at 3:57 am
    • LOL! How did you know, LLColeman? Although I wear many disguises while posting on the blogs!

Just ask Terri. Sometimes even she doesn't recognize me….

DBCoop on July 26, 2012 at 11:49 am
    • LOL! B)<3Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 29, 2012 at 10:44 am
  3. I am changing my vote……..I decided that I like the Back Deck at Dusk better. This home looks beautiful all lit up at night. Plus, the backyard deck is showcased as part of the banner. I can imagine spending my nights in this home watching my favorite TV shows, movies, reading a book, playing my favorite computer games, doing artwork, cooking and eating dinner, spending quality time with my husband, and just enjoying my new home in Maine. Oh, I almost forgot……..spending time with my adorable dog.

Summer on July 25, 2012 at 1:09 pm
  4. Oh my Gosh! Being able to run, walk, hike, and reading books out in the yard. How neat is that? I would love to be back in New England. We just can't acclimate to FL. (Daydreaming, wishing, & hoping )hmmm
    Oh, the back yard at dusk is a definite.

Sandy on July 25, 2012 at 1:47 pm
  5. When is the winner being chosen? Seems like sooo long!!

Donna on July 25, 2012 at 3:01 pm
    • The entry starts Aug 12th or 13th, and runs for approx 6 weeks. The drawing takes place a week or two after that. So I'm guessing around Oct. 1st, Hope that helps Donna, Take Care

11241224 on July 25, 2012 at 5:49 pm
    • Just in time so that you can move in, in snow and freezing cold. Good plan Stanley. ha hah hah hah. Joke's on us.

YankeeNuke on July 26, 2012 at 12:07 am
    • Just in time for the Harvest Barn Dance. :D

Day Dreamer on July 26, 2012 at 9:50 am
    • A harvest Barn Dance with a big ole pot luck and a pie eating contest for the adults and a carved pumpkin contest for the kids. Now that's what I call fun. And a hay ride around Dutch Neck road for the love birds.

Hawkweed on July 26, 2012 at 4:30 pm
  6. Are people still entering?

me again =) on July 25, 2012 at 3:04 pm
    • Hasn't started yet. Aug 13 the i believe is the reveal and start of entry.

YankeeNuke on July 26, 2012 at 12:08 am
  7. I realy realy think you need to put some type of driveway near the house for unloading purposes, especially in cold New England winters!

Carol on July 25, 2012 at 3:55 pm
  8. such a tough choice!!! had to go with back at dusk!!! looks soooo amazing!!! truly beautiful!!!! thank you for allowing us to vote on the banner, it was really kewl!! ;) try n check at least every few days, just so wonderful!!! ur just grand, Mary!! thanks again!!

Penginsmomina on July 25, 2012 at 5:44 pm
  9. Good evening to all, I blogged this to Lilly earlier on the last Tread, but I'm going to repeat it …I didn't think voting on something like this, would be so difficult…I had to do some thinking about what I thought the banner should be about. I haven't voted yet, but I have made my decision and I want to tell you why. I was pondering on which banner would best represent the Finale of the Blog Cabin and the Grand tour..I think the Banner should show the whole picture…Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but I think if you choose the Cozy Nook for the banner, what does that tell you about the Blog Cabin or the back Deck at Dusk or the Outdoor fireplace? Those are all great and important parts of the BC …But the only one that gives you what the Banner should really represent would be the Sunny High Posted Cape…That's what I think the banner should be all about and would give you the whole picture! The Blog Cabin and Barn on Dutch Neck Road..
    Don't get me wrong, I love all of them, but the Banner of the BC and Barn is my choice…Just My Thoughts!!!

Jennie/Florida on July 25, 2012 at 6:26 pm
    • Thank you. I agree. The back porch could be any porch on any house in any place in the USA. My brother-in-law has one almost identical and he lives in a LARGE city.

Eugenia27 on July 25, 2012 at 7:37 pm
    • I agree wholeheartedly, especially since I have now seen the BC in person!^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 25, 2012 at 10:28 pm
    • I'll make it 3. I was the first on this thread and that is how I voted and I was amazed that there we're already a bunch of votes. So a lot of voters don't blog, that is their loss.

YankeeNuke on July 26, 2012 at 12:11 am
    • Looks like the lemmings are winning the vote on the banner.

YankeeNuke on July 26, 2012 at 12:15 am
    • Hi Jennie ! I almost voted for it, too–it was a close second for me–almost a tie, really, and for the same reasons you cited. In the end I voted for the last banner, because the patio shot has a bit of the back of the house, the outdoor fireplace, and that sweeping view of the meadow down to the water…it just wowed me, (even though it did not perfectly represent the bc…doesn't show the barn either.) <3

LLColeman on July 26, 2012 at 4:04 am
    • Good Morning LL..the last Banner was my second choice. I love the view of the backyard and the long rolling meadows leading down to the water…You know, that is quite a distances down to the river when walking it, maybe one would need a golf cart to get there or maybe a horseif brave or if the grass was mowed close, one could ride a bike!!! I would like to be the person that had to make that choice.

Jennie/Florida on July 26, 2012 at 10:34 am
    • Ditto Jennie on all of the above! My cousin has a blue heeler and he has trained him to ride in his cart. Just like you I sure would like the opportunity.. I would need to train my doggie to ride along with me down to the water though she likes to run along side when my cousin drives around. I think we will save the walking/hiking trips for the woods behind the barn leading to the pond. We just love to explore the woods!! Must be the hunt and gather gene :P Take Care! Lilly

Lilly on July 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm
  10. Hard choice, I like them all for different reasons.
    The Sunny High-Posted Cape one good, I think it shows us what the house looks like now, after looking at the house being white all these months, I just think this one goes well with the banner we have been shown all these months of waiting, (with a twist of a different view).
    But then like someone else said, the back yard deck is what we been looking at too, with the backyard cam. So that would be a great one for what the house looks like now in the back, after looking at the back view all these months also.
    Fireplace one shows what you can enjoy and do during the summer months there at the BC, even in the winter for the brave ones that want a refreshing dip in the hot tub,and then a run in the snow.
    You can set around the cozy fireplace warming up after playing in the snow, roast an hotdog or two and have fun just sitting around the fire getting warm. A view we got to see a little of in the last few shots of the back yard cam.
    Living room one show the great view from inside the home, how cozy it can be in there year round with a view of the four seasons just outside of those windows. This one would give a fresh look to the house that we haven't got to enjoy much. I think I like this one best, just because it is a different view of the home.
    I would vote for them all, but then only one could win ;-) which looks like the back deck one…..

home_girl on July 25, 2012 at 9:51 pm