Jul 24

Choose the Blog Cabin 2012 Banner

Blog Cabin 2012 Banner Vote

Today, I invite you to participate in a very special poll. Our visual designer created four possible banners, one of which we will post along with the virtual home tour on August 13, 2012. We’d like you to help us choose the best design.

Please review the banners and pop back here to cast your vote. Voting closes on August 3, 2012, at 5 p.m. ET. The winning banner will be posted on August 13, 2012, at around 9 a.m. ET. Keep checking Blog Cabin Central for the updated look.

• Posted at 4:19 pm on July 7, 2012

1. We get to choose the look for the reveal page, it will be interesting to see if people pick a specific portion of the home and property or an overview banner. Thanks Mary for more pics in the form of the banners and the chance to help "design" the web page look.

YankeeNuke on July 24, 2012 at 5:10 pm
    • Hi Frank, hope you and your family have weathered all the terrible storms we have had the past 3wks.

Have you noticed, their are 4 comments so far and there are 51 total votes so far…..How can that be??

Also I sent you a reply, to your question about running over a gator while mowing! Did you see it?

Jennie/Florida on July 24, 2012 at 6:37 pm
    • It took me years before I ever posted on a blog but I did vote.

Eugenia27 on July 24, 2012 at 7:35 pm
    • When I. Put the first comment in on this thread the second choice was already ahead by 10 or so votes. There were 13votes for the high post cape banner so people either voted and didn't blog or they are using Chicago election rules ha ha ha.

YankeeNuke on July 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm
    • Jennie thanks for your concerns. We had a lot of rain, some good rain but no damage. You all got quite a bit a bad storms on the coast I hope that you are ok as we'll.

YankeeNuke on July 24, 2012 at 11:58 pm
    • I didn't see the gator-lawnmower reply. Was it to me in the old thread? I will look again.

YankeeNuke on July 25, 2012 at 12:32 am
    • Hi Frank, glad to hear you had good rains, we had some trees down in areas close by and power outages but didn't last long…But when it rains, they are torrential downpours and we have flooded areas..I do wish we could share the rains with Wisconsin who needs rain so desperately..One of our bloggers…Clive lives there and said everything is drying up. Vicki finally got some rain in Utah..thank goodness..
      My reply to you about the gator is on the "Take a Behind- the-scenes-look" thread, under 11241224 post with 14replys, on page 3…Hope you find it!!
      When there is something to vote on, their are people who vote on Blog Cabin Threads, but never Blog! I don't understand why they don't join us..I think they would enjoy it, but thats why the votes are so high!! Have a good day…….

Jennie/Florida on July 25, 2012 at 9:51 am
    • Found it. In another post I said that the blog is more about the people on it than the house and voting on paint colors, roof styles, etc. So I guess that we agree on that point. We had showers on and off today, heavy at times, but short lived. It would be nice if we could get water to WI. With all of the BS coming out of washington you never here about two big problems in this country. The first is a secure, resilient national power grid so that electricity can be moved from optimal generation points to the users. The other is a water distribution grid, to move water. There aren't even talks about capturing water in place that has too much this year and moving it to the drought areas. I also had an idea in 1977 for a national network that could be used from kiosks to express your opinions directly to Washington DC and possibly even to vote. Oh well the more people being paid to be employed by the government the fewer people on the welfare roles. Hope that things are quiet on the East Coast.

YankeeNuke on July 25, 2012 at 11:57 pm
    • Didn't see the reply about the gator vs lawnmower. I am getting to old I guess.

YankeeNuke on July 25, 2012 at 12:53 am
    • I think its wonderful that companies remodel older homes for others.. & I think its great that hgtv designs 2 homes a year for others also.. But who actually wins these homes? I have in the past put up over 600 enters for hgtv homes and never won yet.. Sometimes I wonder if the contest isnt ridged somehow.. There are alot of individuals in the us that has lost their homes to foreclosers "like my self & family" & they put all their money into sending out enters by mail thinking there going to win & never do.. Which keeps them in their same situation just worse off bc they r out 600 dollars.. Its just sad in some cases is all I am saying.

Emma Hosheit on July 25, 2012 at 3:58 pm
    • Dear Emma, I do hope this is a joke.
      If indeed anybody puts "all their money into sending out letters thinking there (they're) going to win & never do," It's not surprising their homes were forclosed. It's more than sad, and I hope you and others like you will seek financial advise on how to live on a budget, and make good money choices.
      You aren't by any chance a Washington politician are you, this pattern of wreckless spending sounds familiar, and many think the voting is rigged also.

AnneEliseSouth on July 25, 2012 at 4:26 pm
    • My daughter, who has an associates in mechanical technology lost her job 30 months ago and since she lives in the rust belt has not been able to find real work. She has utilized the internet to send out resumes and has attended numerous job fairs, she is still bar tending and not making ends meet. I don't know how people spend money entering these contests because they are all online. The libraries have computers and people could enter there for free. AnneElise I agree that must be some joke from Emma.

YankeeNuke on July 26, 2012 at 12:02 am
    • I know how you worry about your daughter. She had a "decent" paying job, after a divorce with no child support had to find something else. She did the bartending, coffe shops , etc and after a lot of work has a career that actually allows her to make a living wage. I hope your daughter has the same thing happen! It's not luck!

tristinsgram on July 26, 2012 at 7:30 pm
    • Meant My daughter, and how it applied to you daughter, . Sorry!

tristinsgram on July 26, 2012 at 7:31 pm
    • Er, exactly how much is a postage stamp these days? Enquiring minds, etc.

Dashright on July 26, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    • way too much!

tristinsgram on July 26, 2012 at 7:33 pm
  2. Hi Mary, thank you for including the bloggers in helping choose the design of the Banner for the web page…I have 2 picks in mind for the Banner….Can't wait for August 13th……Seems like forever since the announcement of where the 2012 Blog Cabin was going to be located..It's been a long journey, but it has been great fun and I have met a lot of nice, interesting and fun people….Can't wait for the reveal, bring it on!!!! Thanks again Mary !!!

Jennie/Florida on July 24, 2012 at 5:41 pm
  3. I’m torn between the sunny high-posted cape and the cozy living room nook. The sunny one is just so inviting. I can imagine driving up to receive the keys and seeing the home nestled in the trees……
    The cozy lining room nook, I can picture myself sitting there with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate reading a book and looking up to see that view. So restful.

Eugenia27 on July 24, 2012 at 5:43 pm
  4. High quality photo of the deck ;)

Teodora16 on July 24, 2012 at 6:22 pm
    • Thank you so much! This photo really captures all the details and hardwork that went into creating the deck. I love it!!!

Day Dreamer on July 24, 2012 at 7:58 pm
    • Teodora 16 ! Thank you for that version–don't know how you did it, But it is much appreciated to see details too hard to see in a banner.

LLColeman on July 25, 2012 at 2:02 am
    • Teodora, great photo, thank you.

SID on July 25, 2012 at 9:47 am
    • Thank you for the Photo..Wow, what a great photo. Closeup shows what an excellent job they did on the deck..So well constructed and beautiful.!!!
      The deck looks so inviting and has so much space for family gatherings and parties for all occasions…
      Now that I see where the lights were used, I think they look great!!! I didn't vote for them because looking at the sample photo when voting, they didn't appeal to me, but now that I see where they were installed, they look so good…In the winter time with snow on the deck, I don't think it will be used much and if the lights are covered it won't matter anyway..Just My thoughts!!!

Jennie/Florida on July 26, 2012 at 2:16 pm
    • This really looks so inviting, and takes advantage of the views!

Deb on July 30, 2012 at 10:30 pm
    • THANK YOU! :D

StellaF on August 1, 2012 at 11:55 pm
  5. Thank you for the picture Teodora. It really makes one want to step out onto the deck with a nice beverage and watch the sunset.

YankeeNuke on July 24, 2012 at 6:36 pm
  6. Teodora thank you for the link to the great pic of the deck. I think I grab a scotch on the rocks to sip and have a seat while the sun goes down.

YankeeNuke on July 24, 2012 at 6:41 pm
  7. The Sunny High-Posted Cape looks nice because you can see the hole house and some of the barne. BUT, I like the Back Deck at Dusk beater because it has a more cozzy/hommy feal to it!!! ;)

asandmancan on July 24, 2012 at 6:45 pm
  8. I love the photo of the Back Deck at Dusk but come rain or come shine I know I would enjoy the Cozy Living Room Nook so that had to be my vote. I can picture reading or chatting with friends over wine and cheese in that cozy setting while glancing out at the gorgeous water view.

Downonthefarm on July 24, 2012 at 6:52 pm
  9. Greetings Fellow Bloggers! Mary -What FUN to be able to chose the banner! :) Just like Jennie I was torn.. I love them all and greatly appreciate the hard work that went into creating this beauty. So as to not feel as if I had betrayed any of the creators – I had my Hubby pick! FUN FUN for everyone! :) Warmly, Lilly

Lilly on July 24, 2012 at 6:56 pm
  10. Hi everybody! It's so boring on the DH and UO blogs that I decided to pop on over and see what's happening.

I love the back deck at dusk banner. The lights make it seem as if there's lots of life going on inside the house. I imagine Mom's in the kitchen cooking dinner for the family; the kids are doing homework at the kitchen table, hanging out in the family room, or running around, chasing each other, burning off some of their endless energy; and Dad's about to arrive at any moment, and he'll be smothered with hugs and kisses from everyone as soon as he gets one foot in the door.

I love dusk. :-)