Jul 18

An Artistic Look at the Barn

Today I am happy to share a cinemagraph created by visual designer Jason Kisner. These images were captured during our online photo shoot in May. Blog Cabin’s circa-1884 barn is quite a sight to behold. Interiors are just as captivating as exteriors. Take a close look … do you notice the subtle breeze blowing through the trees? Enjoy!

• Posted at 2:44 pm on July 7, 2012

1. dont now if you will read this but here it gos i love the barn, not having a house to live in a barn would be the next
    best thing, I am a union worker in st louis living in my truck and hotels. sorry for talking about it but that is always
    on my mind also have a 18month old is even harder. he is all i can think about sometimes when i am also going thru a divorce. sorry i will stop talking now i barn is awsome. love diy brian l kozel.

brian on August 10, 2012 at 1:34 pm
  2. Hi Brian, the Farmhouse goes with the barn!!!! I wish you the Best and who knows, maybe you will win this beautiful home…Good Luck!!!!

Jennie/Florida on August 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm
  3. Hi all. I've been following this renovation for some time now and can't tell you how impressed I am with all that has been provided. You all have such great talent, insight, expression and not to mention the caring for the beautiful surroundings of such a quaint and peaceful setting. You are all professionals….your the best. What great fun it must be to tackle such challenging and interesting projects along side such a great group of people. I could fall in love with this job!!!! not to mention this home. How wonderful and peaceful would it be to come home at the end of a long day and kick back on that deck, fire in the fireplace, sun setting in the west, water glistening at the bottom of the field, glass of wine in hand……….thank God for such a wonderful life. How I would love to be able to share this setting with family, friends and passers by. Love it Guys.

Kim on August 13, 2012 at 12:04 pm
  4. Absolutely a cool barn, very well preserved. I think that I need it for an automobilia display!

DanB on August 13, 2012 at 12:25 pm
  5. You never see the barn in the video tour, yes i always wanted a barn. barn a storage place for extra food. barn a place where seasonal parties can be held, barn where craft neetings , or even church meetings. . Barn can where you can create a loft with french doors in the roof to sleep out side under the sky, a new hiding place . plus all that I said a barn could be for hide a root cellar under it and teach canning to nieghborhood women . Tool shed, tractor shed all that . I could get a lot out of that particular barn.

Dr Donna Agnew on August 13, 2012 at 7:04 pm
  6. I feel at home just looking at the pics.. Thats how wonderful of a place this is…What a great find .. Well done;)

LISAFOS on August 14, 2012 at 1:25 pm
  7. I love the whole package. Being old and living all by myself this would be a haven to me. Tag, my service dog who is a mini daschound would love it too. My oldest son is a tour guide and takes groups to Maine so this would be the perfect place to entertain his groups from other countries.
    I would love to turn part of the barn into a book sharing library–and a place where children can come and enjoy the country and receive a free book when they visit. Just my way to giving back and this would make it possible.
    Caroll

Caroll on August 15, 2012 at 2:29 am
  8. So romantic! I know a lot of people are day dreaming about this and it has everyone watching as well as interacting….too fun!

Kristi McCarey on August 15, 2012 at 8:48 am
  9. I KNOW I LOVE IT

LISAFOS on August 15, 2012 at 2:36 pm
  10. I was in Maine a few weeks ago and actually found the house. It is in the country for sure. Lots of large farm houses on the street, but no one too close. Only thing that stuck out was that many of the houses on the street are up for sale. Maybe the neighbor feel the real estate value has escalated (Or maybe they don't like the idea that a flatlander might be their neighbor) the house is beautiful, I only wish they had left the attached barn. With lots of glass it woulod have made a great music room for our grand piano or wonderful art studio with views of the river.

Kathy on August 15, 2012 at 8:43 pm