Jul 18

An Artistic Look at the Barn

Today I am happy to share a cinemagraph created by visual designer Jason Kisner. These images were captured during our online photo shoot in May. Blog Cabin’s circa-1884 barn is quite a sight to behold. Interiors are just as captivating as exteriors. Take a close look … do you notice the subtle breeze blowing through the trees? Enjoy!

• Posted at 2:44 pm on July 7, 2012

1. I'm glad your having a Great Time, as you should, But so many are suffering right now! and I thought, with this "sensitive group as a few of you, seem to be" that you could at least, acknowledge the loss of innoccent AMERICANS.

11241224 on July 21, 2012 at 11:27 pm
    • Oh, 11241224, I AM heart broken! And did respond to your caring and sensitive call for us to pray and mourn for our fellow Americans–the Innocent in Colorado! I did not hear about the tragedy until today when I finally got connected to the Blog and internet! I was traveling all day yesterday, without phone or internet. Just wanted you to know, my heart responded to the tragedy and I posted that before I answered about my trip to Maine. HUMANITY is ALWAYS MY PRIORITY IN LIFE–just so you know that about me and understand. Thanks!<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 22, 2012 at 1:19 am
    • I generally don't like reply to negative posts, but I think your judgements sound very harsh. Many people here have been blogging together for a long time. They have become friends, and when one of them is hurting, they hurt too (my love to you Nebraska). For the same reason when one of those friends is happy, they are happy for them (It's O.K. to be glad to be back in ME Kitty, I'm not ashamed to be happy for you because I love you too)!
      Many of us haven't commented on the horror in CO not because we don't care, but for other reasons, such as not having words to express the heartbreak, or because nothing we could say here would do one bit of good to help those victims or the suffering of their families. I think my own personal grief over this event is best shown by the flag pole in our front yard, where right now the flag drifts softly in the wind at half mast. We are ALL crying for the CO victims. Some people chose to show patriotism and compassion by military service, or become an organ donor, and even by adopting and giving love to a pet. Look into your own heart before judging others.

SID on July 22, 2012 at 9:57 am
    • Hi SID, I agree with you a 100%!!! We are all individuals who express our feeling in our own way. For some, it's hard to express how we feel and because no words we express can ever change what happened in Colorado….The BC blogging Family has stuck together for many years and we are loving, compassionate and caring people…Yes and when something good happens to one of our bloggers we are so happy for them and we all celebrate..You won't find any nicer people anywhere else that can compare to the Blog Cabin Bloggers!!!!

Jennie/Florida on July 22, 2012 at 3:10 pm
    • <3<3<3

SID on July 23, 2012 at 11:53 am
    • To ALL my DEAR Bloggie Friends–THANK YOU!!! <3<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 23, 2012 at 8:08 pm
    • I guess, once again, I worded things wrong. It wasn't intended to create discontent. Many years ago, my 6 year old niece was shot by a jealous "tweenager" from her same church, NO one could really figure out why. My sister was devastated! I truly am a compassionate person, I did serve 4 yrs in the Air Force, I am an organ donor and I do own my little puppy, whom we love so very much. I am not judgeing anyone. I just feel really bad for these families that have to endure such pain because of the act of one selflish idiot…… My husband said I've become a bit sensitive and edgy since my Mother passed away a couple month's ago. So I will try harder to think before I speak

11241224 on July 23, 2012 at 5:04 pm
    • 11241224, Your comments came across to me as sarcastic. It is very kind of you to explain. I'm sorry if I jumped too quickly to defend my blog friends, so I hope you will forgive me. Sometimes our too quick judgements can get us into so much trouble! How terrible about your little niece. You didn't say if she survived that gun shot wound? I so hope that she did and is O.K. now. Also very sorry to hear about the recent loss of your Mother.

SID on July 23, 2012 at 6:14 pm
    • She was my parents first grandchild and my first niece, no, she did not survive.

11241224 on July 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm
    • I am truly so sorry to hear that. That is such a terrible tragedy for your family, may you never suffer such grief again. Try hard to trust in the goodness and kindness of most people. <3

SID on July 23, 2012 at 10:27 pm
    • Thank You SID, You and Kitty are both people full of goodness and kindness and I truly appreciate it! May God be smiling on you and your family.

11241224 on July 24, 2012 at 8:03 pm
    • ditto SID

vicki_in_Utah on July 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm
    • Oh please- we know each other – well.

You seem to have this negative streak – get over it.

Nebraska on July 23, 2012 at 10:53 am
    • Anyone that knows me, knows, I would give the shirt off my back to help anyone! So I don't know what you mean at all, Have we met?

11241224 on July 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm
    • How do you know that we haven't acknowledged the horrific loss of life in Denver? People grieve in different ways, and many of us prefer to do so privately, and in our Churches, not on a public website. To presume that we are insensitive, is unfair.
      Some of us may feel that over sensationalization and publication turns the event into a media sideshow, that robs the families of the privacy, and dignity they may need to grieve properly, and so we hesitated to bring up the topic here out of consideration and respect for all the victims.

AnneEliseSouth on July 23, 2012 at 1:37 pm
    • The families have been on the news, wanting support.

11241224 on July 23, 2012 at 5:08 pm
    • Dear 11241224, I'm going to jump in and share what my heart is saying to me. I hope It makes some sense to you and meets you wherever healing can begin, because I care and because I don't like to see anyone hurting. Just a couple of info items to begin: I have lots of family in Colorado/Denver area, some of which knew some of the affected families. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I only heard about this tragedy when i got connected to internet at my cottage in Maine. i still don't have phone connection. I posted to this blog the instant I heard, to express my grief, but I doubt it can help a soul way out in CO though I'd give my heart if i could do so!

I know you are broken hearted too. But I think it goes deeper, for you have just lost your dear Mom recently and that loss leaves your heart raw. You and I wrote about our Mothers when you joined the blog back. I just commemorated the 2nd anniversary of my Mom's death and I'm STILL raw, so I understand! You just told us about the horrible loss of your precious little niece! You have your own heavy load to bear and I think it's still weighing upon you–understandably so…You have my heartfelt and loving sympathy. We all handle grief differently. It takes time. I have poor health, which has me living in often excruciating pain. Grief makes it worse–or stress. But with God's help I try to find life's beauty and humor in the little things and these are my treasures which I look forward too. .bravo for being an Organ Donor, for having a generous heart–see you have good things lying within. Let life's exuberance fill you as you forge into the future, cherish those wonderful memories, which nobody can steal from your past! Truly, MOST people's motives are good and kind and gentle and sweet and mean well. Perhaps they're just expressed differently from our own. None of us knows what others have endured, too. I care for you and understand what you are going through. Give yourself a break and grieve your heart out for your sweet Mom for whom you cared, as you told me. Don't try to fight the battles of the Nation at this time. Enough will stand up and carry the torch! <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 23, 2012 at 8:01 pm
    • Dear Kitty, when I read your message, I broke down and cried, and am tearful as I write this. I am just one person going through, what so many other's are. I appreciate your forgiveness as I meant No disrespect to YOU. People are quick to judge as you can see. Thank You! May God Bless You and KEEP YOU SAFE.

11241224 on July 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm
    • Kitty that was said much better than I could…..thank you my friend. <3

SID on July 23, 2012 at 10:29 pm
    • Sorry about all the tragic things in your life, the passing of your mom and niece. WOW that would make me wonder WHY aren't people responding to this, I'm so sad:'( .
      What did this guys mother do when she was pg, that made a person so EVIL or what type of life was he subjected to. Well he wasn't brave enough to kill himself, so he'll plead insanity and sit in a psych-ward nice. The monster most likely researched this. What a sin. Time heals the wounds, but the memory lives on in a freeze frame. Prayers goin out to all !!!

MaryPA on July 23, 2012 at 9:45 pm
    • Your absolutely right, his parents and family will be able to visit him as well.

11241224 on July 24, 2012 at 7:57 pm
    • They are not responding, because they are not the caring christian church goer's they claim to be! I said I would edit myself, "but" find the cowardness of some who give thumbs down, with NO explanation, hilarious. I have been blogging for the past year and a half (most at news sites) and this is the first time I've been bashed, for having an opinion. HMMMM. could some be Self Absorbed, maybe?

11241224 on July 25, 2012 at 9:14 pm
  2. To the State of Colorado…My thoughts and prayers goes out to all these innocent victims and their loved ones who are suffering from this awful, heartless act..Especially to the parents who lost their little 6yr old daughter. I'm so sorry for your loss.. It's hard for me to understand how a person like this young man, could plan this terrible act and carry through with it…It's a terrible heartless crime. Where were his friends!!! He must have talked to someone? .May God look over the great state of Colorado and give the citizens the strength to get through this terrible time….

Jennie/Florida on July 22, 2012 at 10:36 am
    • A former colleague is now a professor at that university- she has spent the day with students who knew this person. Some lived in his apartment building- they are lucky they all weren't blown to bits it was that booby trapped.

Nebraska on July 23, 2012 at 10:56 am
    • How frightening, Nebraska! I find it so hard to get my thoughts around violence such as his! What in the world commands such wickedness?o.0:o<3

Still have you in my heart over your loss! Must be difficult at this time…<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 23, 2012 at 11:33 am
    • Hi Nebraska, that must have been an eery feeling for those students who knew him and to live
      so close to him, to find out he had those horrible intentions and how lucky they are that the booby trapped Apt. didn't explode… Thank God the professional bomb squad got there in a hurry and dislodged everything before someone went and knocked on his door or turn the doorknob…who
      knows what would have happened…The whole Apt. Building could have gone up in flames.
      A dreadful thought ….I will be glad when they get some answers as to why this young man would
      be so heartless as to take the lives of young innocent people and where his anger was coming from..that led him do such a thing…
      Nebraska, I hope you are better with each day and please give Lily a hug for me..I think of you
      every day and hope you are well..Take care!

Jennie/Florida on July 23, 2012 at 11:51 am
    • I'm so sorry Nebraska, I meant to say Ms Kitty!!!!

Jennie/Florida on August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
    • I wish somehow we could understand what makes someone capable of such cruelty. The hatred and rage inside of that young man that would make him want to hurt all those innocent victims is hard to imagine. If we could only understand. Perhaps it would be possible to prevent this kind of nightmare in the future. I'm sure everyone who knew him personally must be tormented by wondering if there was anything he said or did that they might have recognized and done something to prevent him from carrying out his diabolical plan. Add to his victims himself and his family. Although it is harder to have sympathy for him, he has also destroyed his own future, and what might have been a wonderful and productive life. So very sad.

Nebraska, still thinking about you and sending you and Ms. Kitty extra hugs.<3<3<3

SID on July 23, 2012 at 12:17 pm
  3. Mary, Thanks for the new pictures.Can't wait to see it all !

Angelways on July 22, 2012 at 11:54 am
  4. Limitless possibilities for that space , limitless….

MCROSE on July 22, 2012 at 12:38 pm
  5. Love the barn! I would use it for a Jewlery studio and all Artsy store/ farm market , fresh flowers. I wonder if Ma. would allow a business to be run, classes for children and adults?
    I promise my neighbors would always be blessed with homemade Cherry pie !!!!!! : )

Anne on July 22, 2012 at 1:42 pm
  6. Awesome!! Just beautiful!!!!! Thk U for sharing:)

Anne on July 22, 2012 at 1:48 pm
  7. Greetings fellow Bloggers, the future winner, and ALL involved with BLOG Cabin 2012
    Had a thought I would like to share:
    With all the tragedies that have occurred this past year within our Great Country to include those individuals who have served our Great Country… How about a REMEMBRANCE PATH somewhere on the property?? As this path is traveled, may it be a time to remember and reflect how each step we take is precious..
    Truly, Lilly

Lilly on July 23, 2012 at 1:36 pm
    • Hi Lilly! I love that Idea!A Remembrance Path sounds perfect! On another note, just wanted to thank you and Jennie for your help with the crops at BC today! They are looking good, HUH? Rich soil Super fertilizer–can't beat that! Did you enjoy your lunch at Moody's Diner? Fun meeting and having you along!^_^:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 23, 2012 at 8:29 pm
    • Hey Kitty! Full belly – Yummy lunch at Moody's Diner :P Glad you made it up safely and have enjoyed your company as well. Your green thumb will be a blessing and Jennie's super fertilizer will help too! Glad you liked the idea of The Remembrance Path.. Seems fitting as we walk towards and around our new growth of flowers, veges, berries, trees… Nice addition –huh? :) Take Care! Lilly

Lilly on July 23, 2012 at 9:42 pm
    • Hi Lilly, did you read my reply to Kitty under her post that said she finally arrived in Maine, their are(7replys) under that post…It's located almost at the top on "this" page…My reply about "Our excursion" on our way to Moody's…Good nite!

Jennie/Florida on July 24, 2012 at 1:14 am
    • Did you get the money tree planted and watered and growing?

YankeeNuke on July 23, 2012 at 11:41 pm
    • Glad that you are enjoying Maine and are rested from your trip and ready to enjoy the beautiful area. have fun, kick back, put your laptop away.

YankeeNuke on July 23, 2012 at 11:43 pm
    • Need to add sally Ride to list of tragic passings and her life partner who is left with her memory as well.

YankeeNuke on July 23, 2012 at 11:41 pm
  8. Less than a month now I am counting the days…

StraightA's on July 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm
  9. Thanks Hawkweed for the reminder of Thomas Field's aerial photos of the BC. They were first posted back in mid September last year. I'm sure most of you have worked out that if you click on the tab 'Thomas Field's Gallery' and go to the folder 'aerial views' there are a 70 images of the house and the surrounding land taken from Mr. Field's plane at abouut 1500ft altitude over Dutch Neck. He has some other great shots of the area also in other folders.

I believe that Mr Field was the realty broker who found the BC for DIY so more thanks to him for that also. :)

PS. Just hit 100F again today. This is too much for WI. Soccer league was cancelled for the kids today as heat index is nearly 110 and the field is baked like concrete with straw (it was grass a month or so back) scattered on it.:(

Clive on July 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm
    • Thanks for the info on the links

Ally on July 24, 2012 at 1:14 am
    • I gave you a thank you but it ended up at the end of the blog on page three?

Hawkweed on July 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm
    • We have had only 5 days in July where it hasn't hit 95.

Nebraska on July 25, 2012 at 1:08 pm
  10. I never would have thought of a blog cabin but you all have very creative minds and it's awesome to see where this is headed. The pics are beautiful and I'm excited to see what's next

Jazz on July 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm
    • Do you think there would be a problem to live there all year round??

Caroll on September 11, 2012 at 11:04 pm