Jul 18

An Artistic Look at the Barn

Today I am happy to share a cinemagraph created by visual designer Jason Kisner. These images were captured during our online photo shoot in May. Blog Cabin’s circa-1884 barn is quite a sight to behold. Interiors are just as captivating as exteriors. Take a close look … do you notice the subtle breeze blowing through the trees? Enjoy!

• Posted at 2:44 pm on July 7, 2012

1. Take a deep breath…Ahhhh, the oh-so-special smells of the barn! Brings back lots of great memories! And, just think, there are lots of wonderful memories yet to be created by the lucky winner! Good luck everyone.

memanbepa on July 19, 2012 at 2:28 pm
    • Wonderful wish to everyone, GOOD LUCK TO YOU AS WELL!

11241224 on July 19, 2012 at 10:40 pm
  2. Hi to all, I don't know if this has been asked before, I don't remember seeing it—Is the Blog Cabin in the City limits or is it County? Do they have zoning as to what the Barn can be used for? Just Curious!

Jennie/Florida on July 19, 2012 at 5:30 pm
  3. I know my horse would love his new accomodations

Eileen on July 19, 2012 at 6:30 pm
    • I bet your horse would be in heaven Eileen, Goodluck and best wishes

11241224 on July 19, 2012 at 10:37 pm
    • What adaptations would need to be made… Maine winters… brrrrr

ormondalliance on July 20, 2012 at 11:38 am
    • He came from Vermont, so he
      s used to it. Good Luck to everyone, we all have big dreams for sure.

Eileen on July 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm
  4. Enticing photos of a beautiful barn in an idyllic setting. I'm sure the house itself is a showcase. For those who've never been to Maine, here's a website that gives you a wonderful indepth journey to this state. VisitMaine. com/rich-media. I think the Air Maine and America's Coast narrated by Mainer Jack Perkins of A&E will make you fall in love with this part of the US.

Curious on July 19, 2012 at 7:08 pm
    • Thank You Curious, Good Info!, I hope others find it helpful

11241224 on July 19, 2012 at 10:35 pm
  5. My above comment is not a plug for Maine tourism, etc. Its just Maine simply Maine.

Curious on July 19, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    • Maine is a very nice place to visit. John and i have been to Maine quite a few times . Love seafood and we met some really nice people.

cindy on July 19, 2012 at 10:57 pm
    • You should be proud of Maine. My husband and I traveled extensively while in the military and after visiting several sites showcasing Maine, we truly love all it has to offer and the beauty that is Maine. Are looking forward to visiting.

Sue on August 16, 2012 at 5:56 pm
  6. Interesting cinemagraph of a gentle breeze blowing through the tree branches, although at first I thought it was just jet-lag that was causing my eyes to wobble.

DBCoop on July 19, 2012 at 7:37 pm
    • For a moment II thought someone put something funny in my morning aspirin?:o

Hawkweed on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 am
  7. Kitty
    I hope you read my post before you leave for Maine…It's on the last thread and last post…Have a safe trip!!!

Jennie/Florida on July 19, 2012 at 8:54 pm
    • yes, Kitty–have a GREAT trip !! See u when you return home ! <3

LLColeman on July 20, 2012 at 4:30 am
    • Kitty. Have lots of fun and be safe.

Hawkweed on July 20, 2012 at 10:30 am
    • Thanks again, LL!!I'm on mission, as you know. Stay tuned. :*<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 22, 2012 at 1:23 am
    • Well, Hawkweed, seems you had a name change… You are now LL SO terribly sorry about that! Just looked at the clock and it's approaching 1:30 a.m.–no wonder!

Thank you for your thoughtful and kind wishes, Hawkweed! Best to you too! I'll probably post to the blog after I check out the BC.xD;) Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 22, 2012 at 1:28 am
    • Gee, I'm confused! this seems to be posting under Hawkweed and I'm trying to post to LLColeman! I so appreciate all your thoughtful wishes, LL! Some dreams come true Monday, as Jennie/ Florida and Lilly arrive for lunch at Moody's with Hubby Gary and me, and we'll go plant my little crop of Franklin's seedlings. I'll keep the blog posted and try to hook up with Home_Girl to post some pictures, if things go well and i don't get chased away by a moose on the loose.:DB)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 22, 2012 at 1:36 am
    • Kitty hugs from me too. Have a wonderful holiday!:*

SID on July 20, 2012 at 2:27 pm
    • ((HUGS)) back at ya Sid! Thank you for your good wishes. Stay tuned to the blog. I should have some news to post and will try to post pictures too as described in my above post to LL. Stay tuned. Loveya! ^_^Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 22, 2012 at 1:40 am
  8. Hey DB where have you been traveling that gave you jet lag? I just have to say that I have always wanted to have a barn. It could be because I was raised in Wisconsin around farms and such but I would truly love to have a barn for anything from animals to barn dances. I am at heart a water girl and have always lived near a lake. This would be the best of both worlds. And as I have said in the past if I don't win this I hope this is the year a blogger is the winner.

Flashy on July 19, 2012 at 8:56 pm
  9. While a tour of the Blog Cabin is unlikely as part of this local program, if you find barns are a masterful work of art then you're sure to enjoy a Tour of the Barns of Waldoboro on Saturday 9/15/12 at 12:00 noon. Meet at the Waldoboro Historical Society Museum. Jim Derby to speak.

From simple to sensational, as they say, barns are noble.

DBCoop on July 20, 2012 at 9:48 am
    • Good find ! Wish I could attend….smart thinking for them to organize a tour for barn lovers.

LLColeman on July 21, 2012 at 12:44 am
  10. LOOK what I found! I would like to thank Mister Field for a most excellent pic of Dutch Neck Rd. http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/A21dAj4KlqQ1

Hawkweed on July 20, 2012 at 10:38 am
    • What a great photograph! Gives a great understanding of what the land is like. Interesting that the house on the left has open land right next to the BC land.

Carolyn on July 20, 2012 at 10:52 am
    • makes me want to be a kid and roll down the meadow's slope…whee !! Glad they took the photo while the house was still painted white…now it will be in green camouflage from the air……..

LLColeman on July 21, 2012 at 12:47 am
    • Wow! They cut so many trees :(

Teodora16 on July 21, 2012 at 8:49 am
    • I don't think that DIY cut the trees. The land was being farmed for hay for many years.

YankeeNuke on July 21, 2012 at 11:09 am
    • I didn't mean DIY cut the trees but "civilization".

Teodora16 on July 21, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    • That is the constant tug of war. We have to eat, animals have to eat and ground has to be preserved. The problem is arriving at a balance that allows all creatures to co-exist and prosper. Every eco system can be self sustaining only until some outside force acts on it. Even at the low levels, frogs for instance, there is evidence that different species have resistance to the disease that they has been exposed to over time. At some pint they start to spread because they become dominant and need more room. Their expansion into new territory may introduce their diseases to species that can't immediately fight the disease off, so the new species survive and the old population diminishes until it develops resistance to the new disease. So life goes on as a living, breathing, changing system. Nothing on the Earth or in the Universe is static. We must evolve or disappear. Thank you for your patience, you may already know all of what I have said, if so I apologize for the soap box, if not I hope that I may have enlightened you a little bit.

YankeeNuke on July 25, 2012 at 12:49 am
    • This looks like a picture from before they started the rebuild, but it does show off the hay field nicely. There is also a good picture of the property in the explanation of the land donation to the land trust.

YankeeNuke on July 21, 2012 at 11:08 am
    • Thanks for the super pic!!!!

Flashy on July 21, 2012 at 5:18 pm
    • Hawkweed,
      Wow I'm thinking some big fish in that pond and it looks deep,the bass must be 30lbs or more.
      Thanks for that pic that was a good find.

MaryPA on July 21, 2012 at 8:11 pm
    • That would be stripers, probably not large mouths–that is salt water and is tidal.:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 21, 2012 at 10:25 pm
    • Nice picture, If you can get this one (link below) it show the pond too and part of the intake there. If you click on aerialviews (under belong too) on that page, you can see more pictures of this area too. https://plus.google.com/photos/111321336777697855

home_girl on July 22, 2012 at 12:34 am
    • Thanks Homegirl….that is the real find. To see the blog cabin land as a bird, is so cool. They made me feel like a hawk on the wind.

Hawkweed on July 22, 2012 at 12:43 pm
    • I do love the bird eye view, gives you a whole different look, feel, and respect for the land.

home_girl on July 22, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    • Gorgeous! Thk U<3

Anne on July 22, 2012 at 1:52 pm
    • WOW that is a lot of land.

vicki_in_Utah on July 23, 2012 at 6:28 pm
    • Hawkweed, good job. Nice find!!! How did you do that? :) Nice to see an arial view. Can really see how far the property extends to the waters edge…Wow! Wonder how long it takes to mow? Have to have a riding mower for sure:) Plenty of room to have that property provide an extra income….hmmmm. Have to think about that one just incase. Thanks Again enjoyed the view!
      Windee :)