Jul 18

An Artistic Look at the Barn

Today I am happy to share a cinemagraph created by visual designer Jason Kisner. These images were captured during our online photo shoot in May. Blog Cabin’s circa-1884 barn is quite a sight to behold. Interiors are just as captivating as exteriors. Take a close look … do you notice the subtle breeze blowing through the trees? Enjoy!

• Posted at 2:44 pm on July 7, 2012

1. I can foresee so many uses for this space.

Patti on July 18, 2012 at 3:05 pm
    • Patti, I have such a wonderful idea for the barn–1/turn it into a reading place where folks can come and buy new novels at 1/2 price and if you buy a book I will give you a childrens book for a child so our children will love to read. 2/On the walls I will display some of my son's awsome photographs-he's a tour guide at our National Parks, and a Scenic Photographer. You can see some of his pictures–only a few–at JayBurleson Photography on facebook. This would be an awsome site to display his photographs of our National Parks and Nature.

Caroll on August 19, 2012 at 2:29 am
  2. Thank you Mary. Jason's photos are beautiful. I especially love the subtle movement of the maple tree branches in front of the barn. Hubby would absolutely love that barn for his workshop.

SID on July 18, 2012 at 4:02 pm
  3. Love the new photos!!!!! This location is quiet, peaceful, relaxing, and has all the bit of nature that I do so enjoy!

Summer on July 18, 2012 at 4:10 pm
  4. I can picture my dog running and jumping and playing out in nature around this home. He would absolutely love a barn and farmhouse in Maine. Me too!!! A fence may be something I would add to the yard after I move in.

Summer on July 18, 2012 at 4:12 pm
  5. Along with seeing the breeze rustling through the trees, I can also hear laughter echoing through the barn. Can you hear it too?

memanbepa on July 18, 2012 at 5:08 pm
  6. Greetings Fellow Bloggers! – Thanks for the update Mary — enjoying the cinemagraph Jason!
    LOVE that "Artistic" was added to the caption of the photo! A lot of us hoping to win the cabin & barn have developed some wonderfully creative ideas! :) A studio.. gentleman/womans' farm… salt farm… a pick and sell farm.. All of them are quite intriguing! For most situations in life — as long as there is a strong foundation anything is possible — right DIY Gang??? ;) :P
    –I believe that those of us who have enjoyed seeing the Blog Cabin come to fruition share the same hope that the HOMESTEAD & FARM GROW WITHIN THE WALDOBORO COMMUNITY! Truly, Lilly

Lilly on July 18, 2012 at 5:45 pm
  7. We be lovin' the barn!

CarlaB on July 18, 2012 at 6:16 pm
  8. Mary thanks for a new topic, and sharing Jason's lovely cinemagraph! This blog entry reminded me of your April 30th blog, and you letting us know Victoria brought the barn look to the blog home, using it for inspiration. I can hardly wait to see the "elegant barn theme that will be carried out from first floor and bedrooms to the Mega Dens family room." Like Victoria, I have dreamed of converting a barn to a home too. I am so eager to see what was done. I love post & beam, furniture built with reclaimed barn wood, sliding barn doors, reclaimed wood used for ceiling & wall treatments, YES I love all that! Can't wait to see the various elements of this properties own barn reflected in this home!

Mel on July 18, 2012 at 6:23 pm
  9. There's no place that speaks memories of childhood to me better than an old barn! My Grandfather's Barn/Coach house in CT was about 200 years old when I played in his collection of antique autos or watched him work in his elaborate workshop or turn wood on an antique treadle run gorgeous wrought iron lathe which I now have. My grandparents were pack-rats, which suited me just fine. I understand that the people who purchased the old family homestead with my beloved brick and wood barn watched that barn and down-below-coach-house-and-horse-stalls totally collapse this past Winter!!! I saw pictures. I cannot imagine this Dutch Neck Barn being lost to the elements! Thank you, Mary and Jason for this visual treat! And a soothing moment to my sad heart–I just saw photos of my lost childhood barn a couple weeks ago–boo-hoo. :'( Your post made me smile again! ^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 18, 2012 at 8:18 pm
    • Oh Kitty, so sorry to hear about your lost childhood barn :( After my Grandmother passed away it was very hard to see the old horse weather vane pulled off its perch. (Heirloom for a family member) My eyes and heart were not ready to witness this – - It was just too soon.. Like Windee said – we have our memories to cherish. The Blog Cabin Barn does bring comfort and smiles to those of us who have been lucky enough to have experienced such joy :) BIG HUG Warmly, Lilly

Lilly on July 18, 2012 at 10:21 pm
    • Lilly, that would be heartbreaking! I'm so sorry! You're right. There is something about an old rustic barn–its stories, memories and history, particularly if there's been family memories…. My Grandparent's barn had an old worn-looking giant moosehead (Where's RUFFY?) hanging over the front doorway! I love those antique horse weather vanes! Strange, I recall there was one but I don't remember what kind. My focus was the antique autos; or, the tools; my grampa was an engineer Sr.designer/inventor for Stanley tools–Chris Grundy would've been in tool heaven at my grampa's workshop! Any how, my interest was picking interesting stuff inside the barn. Any Antique picker would have found the place a picker's delight!:D Thank you, Lilly for your sweet words! ((HUGS)) back at ya!!! ^_^xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 18, 2012 at 11:22 pm
    • Kitty, if you've never been up to Liberty Tools you should go when you're up here. Follow Rt.220 north to Liberty. Then after visiting Liberty Tools (old tools and more) continue on to Thorndike and visit Bryant Stove (check it on the web).

Camac on July 19, 2012 at 12:47 am
    • oh Lust oh Joy oh BARN!
      To revive you would be bliss,
      To save you would be adding Charm,
      To have a workshop space like this would be bliss indeed. I can't wait!

minitoni on August 11, 2012 at 10:17 am
    • xDB)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on August 21, 2012 at 7:52 pm
  10. These are nice teaser pics. Hope that they are note the best of the best parts of the barn. Mary, will the winner get a copy of the structural analysis of the barn that lead to the conclusion that a car couldn't be supported by the floor? Thanks.

YankeeNuke on July 18, 2012 at 8:29 pm