Jul 10

Take a Behind-the-Scenes Look

Blog Cabin Behind the Scenes Photos

Blog Cabin’s talented crew of home improvement experts takes pride in their work. And they also know how let loose and have a little (a lot of) fun on the set. Photographer Frank Murray captured some classic moments from the filming of this year’s episodes. Take a peek at the adorable pictures and post your thoughts below. Got a fave? Tell us why.

• Posted at 4:22 pm on July 7, 2012

1. We have barely heard from ruffybc since her birthday … ? and speaking of blogger birthdays— ****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARYPA !! ****** Many happy returns to you! :)

LLColeman on July 11, 2012 at 3:03 am
    • Hi…LL, I haven't seen a post from Ruffy on her birthday or since her birthday…I was wondering why we haven't heard from her …With the storms and all, I hope she and her family are OK!! Maybe now that we have new Pics, she will chime in!

Jennie/Florida on July 11, 2012 at 9:18 am
    • I know that upstate NY has had heat warnings….and that is bad enough by itself–there may be power outage also?

LLColeman on July 12, 2012 at 2:02 am
  2. Thank You for the pictures. They put a smile on my face gave me the chuckels….I love all the pictures, but most esp, # 20 Victoria's dog giving Chris a big kiss and also 29 Chris holding the ladder for Victoria and # 1 great smiles..Looks like they had fun on this project, inbetween all the hard work .Makes one wish they were there to enjoy it too. Can I help with the next project….lol
    Got a little sneak peek at the kitchen….very nice, looking forward to seeing more.
    Thanks Again,
    Windee :)

Windee:) on July 11, 2012 at 5:46 am
  3. Maybe we will get those next week. I hope so.

YankeeNuke on July 11, 2012 at 12:55 pm
  4. Victoria's great dane's are Sooooo beautiful, I wonder if they get to sleep on the bed.

11241224 on July 11, 2012 at 1:58 pm
  5. Loved all the pics lol. Loved seeing the peaks into the home, especially the kitchen,which is to say that is the pic I liked the best. Hope to see more soon. Well, I guess we will, lol. It is only a month til the virtual tour isn't it?

funfordot on July 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm
  6. Reading these blogs is so much fun!
    Favorite pics……………………14 and 15……………….
    My only thought…………..what an amazing bed that is going to be……………….
    Can't wait to see it !!!

Shorty on July 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm
    • Hi Shorty from what you can see of the bed frame, does it look to be a King Size bed frame to you????
      Just wondering!

Jennie/Florida on July 11, 2012 at 3:03 pm
  7. I hope the lawn mower did not break down! I see Chris behind the mower, pushing. One thing is for certain………the winner of this Blog Cabin is going to spend plenty of time doing yard work. It's a huge lot and there is plenty of grass to cut.

Summer on July 11, 2012 at 4:45 pm
    • Let someone share crop hay on the land down to the water, keep enough space for a victory garden. Maybe behind the barn, depending on the sun light. Minimize lawn area.

YankeeNuke on July 11, 2012 at 8:30 pm
  8. In picture #20, you can see a water pump in the back ground, I read in the Q & A section, that they were thinking about refurbishing it and installing it somewhere. Since it appears to be by the barn, maybe there will a water source in there after all. That would be so nice for anyone who decide's to have animals, won't have to stretch a hose across the street . You can get a better look at the pump in the Q & A with the pro's. It's really nice looking

11241224 on July 11, 2012 at 4:55 pm
    • That's to bad, from what I read, I thought they were going make it functional. Oh "WELL" this one will be dry (or maybe not) we'll have to wait and see.

11241224 on July 11, 2012 at 7:06 pm
  9. Bloggers remember Josh & Grundy together for this behind the scenes vlog for the 2009 Blog Cabin. This clip is so funny. Mary I wouldn't mind one of these for this years cabin http://www.diynetwork.com/videos/the-chris-and-jo

Mel on July 11, 2012 at 8:04 pm
  10. These pictures were so refreshing to see, when we've been struggling across our Nation with excessive heat, fires, storms and drought. How soothing to see rain, laughter, DIY team members just horsing around, while Josh and Chris get their shovel ready to pick up the remains any "horses forget." Humor, Laughter–the best medicine–hope we all feel a tad less crabby. I know I do! Victoria, Your Baby, Baker, isn't such a Baby any more!!! :D

And now about Grundy–Chris, that is: The MAN of a THOUSAND FACES!!! Never seen anyone like him! He is so fun to watch, he could make a silent movie and stand in front of the camera, telling a story with his facial expressions and bring down the house!!! I am pumped about having him host the big reveal–can hardly wait! :D

Hooray! Next week, Friday. destination: Maine!!! Whoop-te-do!!! :pxD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 11, 2012 at 8:07 pm
    • Kitty Have the BEST trip ever!! I know how excited you must be, the way you LOVE Maine and getting to see the Blog House up close & personal.
      I hope you enjoy every single special moment :)

Mel on July 11, 2012 at 9:23 pm
    • Thanks for your good wishes Mel!!! Goodness, I have talked this Blog's ears off about my trip to Maine since last Fall, haven't I??? It's hard for me to believe time has finally come! Hooray! I'll report what I can!!!:p<3;) KITTY

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 11, 2012 at 10:26 pm
    • That's great Kitty, I hope you have a good time and get a chance to do and see all the things you are hopping to see and do.

Just to let you know the ticks are awful here this year, what with the crazy weather we had this spring and so are the bugs. What a time we had last week camping, thought we would be eating alive. Bug dope wasn't even keeping them away. In our area anyway, not sure how it is around the blog cabin.
      That's for anyone else that's coming to Maine too, with or without pets. We will be having our Windsor days this weekend at the Windsor Fair ground, if anyone is in this area to see the Hussey's General store.

home_girl on July 11, 2012 at 9:36 pm
    • Thanks for the heads up on the bug problem. I guess I'll have to break down and get some Deet. :(
      Today we had more stormy weather and I just wish i could send our rain to so many parts of our Country! I haven't been to Hussey's General Store–think that should be a destination this time. I don't need a shot gun nor a bridal gown which I think you said they sell, but it should be interesting to see whatever they carry in between! :D <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 11, 2012 at 10:22 pm
    • Wishing You a Fantastic, Peaceful and Relaxing Trip. Have a great time

11241224 on July 11, 2012 at 11:02 pm
    • How thoughtful of you! Thank you so much!!!xD<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 11, 2012 at 11:12 pm
    • As Hussey's says "if we don't have it, you don't need it". Sign says- Shot guns, wedding dresses and cold beer. :)
      They have a cute Maine gift shop there too! I need to see if I can put my children books in there too, I keep forgetting to ask.

home_girl on July 12, 2012 at 12:33 am
    • Oooo, Rhonda! Yes!!! You need to get your books in there. Have you tried the bookstore in Damariscotta? They have a section that features ONLY Maine writers! Offer to sell autographed–they'll promote better too. And they also cater to child readers!!!xD:p Good Luck!xDB)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 12, 2012 at 5:11 pm
    • thanks Kitty, Just to let you know I have a few of my books now at Hussey's and they are autographed. We'll see how well they do there, then I will see about putting them in other stores.

home_girl on July 25, 2012 at 9:22 pm
    • I'm looking forward to meeting you, Kitty. They have been doing some filming the last few days- maybe reshooting some things or something. One of the houses next door to the BC is now joining a number of others in the area with a "For Sale" sign out front.

Camac on July 12, 2012 at 1:14 am
    • That doesn't sound too promising. Any idea why the exodus? I would have thought that refurbishing the house and putting the land into the trust would have made the area more desirable.

YankeeNuke on July 12, 2012 at 8:06 am
    • It's really a desired exodus since nothing is selling. Many places on the Neck and in Waldoboro have been on the market for quite a while. Jobs are limited, taxes are high and the population is aging.

Camac on July 12, 2012 at 9:30 am
    • Thank you for the info, I appreciate it.

YankeeNuke on July 12, 2012 at 10:26 am
    • :( Au contraire…with the extra curiosity generated by the DIY and TV show Celebrities, the sellers are probably gambling on some extra traffic to boost their exposure–which isn't such a bad idea, particularly if their home has good market comparables —OR, is priced extremely reasonably, compared to the probable ARV that will get slapped on the BC! Sadly, as Camac has shared, lots of properties are on the market and not moving. Anyone who actually buys at this time will be seeking a bottom line bargain price, which will not make Sellers happy, but that's the nature of the market right now. It's not the best time to sell.o.0:o:| Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 12, 2012 at 5:25 pm
    • I wonder if they will follow the recent pattern of house plus car plus cash to pay income taxes with the option to take a cash payout instead of the house?

YankeeNuke on July 12, 2012 at 8:04 pm
    • Frank, I don't recall that being the custom with the DIY Blog Cabins. One, a car hasn't been given in the package and If I remember correctly, they haven't pushed the cash in lieu of the property, though I think they have, in fact negotiated that in a few instances.Initially, the Blog Cabins weren't fully furnished either, so things do evolve–like we're suspecting maybe John Deere has donated a nice lawnmower (hopefully with snow plowing attachment?). But I don't think cash is part of the package either. Winner is on their own to work out the taxes. I suspect DIY could easily see that the ARV plus the original 51 acres would have set such a high ARV precedent that they decided to go ahead and donate the land….JMHO :) Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 12, 2012 at 9:22 pm
    • I made some comments about the barn. It might be a lot of work$$$ to make it whole. I suspect that the floor issues are similar to what was in the house. It also needs a roof and a full paint job with many hours of prep due to it being neglected. Probably better to donate the remainder of the land and the barn to the conservancy and concentrate on the house and a garage with a good loading zone. JMHO. Having said all of that i will still enter and if I win figure out what to do.

YankeeNuke on July 13, 2012 at 12:58 am
    • It is something to think about. I love the old barn though, so I'd try to keep it if I could.:DB):*<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 13, 2012 at 10:21 am
    • I thought that you were headed to Waldoboro today, hope that everything is okay and that you are not leaving until later. Be safe.

YankeeNuke on July 13, 2012 at 10:30 am
    • Yes: the Plane! the Plan! Next Friday, the 20th is D-Day we take flight to Maine, soaring with the clouds, flying above the birds, into the blue beyond, buckled in, waiting—till we touch down, cruise to a definitive stop, well… I got away with myself there, but–you get the picture, Frank!:p Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 13, 2012 at 11:04 am
    • SAVE the BARN ! Nuff said…
      It is too SPECIAL ! NOW nuff said! :P

Lilly on July 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    • Gotta' save the barn! I bet that barn has stories to tell! ^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm
    • I read in the real estate area, that alot of the home owner's took their properties off the market because of the economy, But now with all of the attention the area's getting from the show, they are probably thinking it's time to relist. Just a Guess.

11241224 on July 13, 2012 at 12:39 am
    • I suspect that you are correct, however that just makes it harder for the winner to sell if that is what they have to do. There are house of similar size listed at 899,000 just down the road. If I figured it right annual property taxes on the BC could be as high as $10k.

YankeeNuke on July 13, 2012 at 1:02 am
    • Ditto, Carole!!! Is your #Waldoboro available in the same book as the New Harbor one, perchance? I'm trying to protect your info with this question. If it's in a different listing, just confirm and I'll know which and get it so we can coordinate our meeting. Obviously, if unlisted–we do email and I'll follow up with that, OK?;):D<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 12, 2012 at 5:33 pm
    • Yes, Kitty, it's in the Lincolnville Phone Book as well as the Fairpoint and Midcoast books. Mac like the farm rather than the hamburger chain. Carole

Camac on July 12, 2012 at 11:17 pm
    • Got it! Thanks! ;) :p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 13, 2012 at 1:07 am
    • Have a great time…..

Nebraska on July 12, 2012 at 10:38 am
    • Charlotte, that's so thoughtful of you! Thank you very much! Hope things are getting better for you, weather-wise, and I continue to think of and pray for your health. Take care! Kitty<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm
    • Have fun Kitty, can't wait to hear about your trip.

vicki_in_Utah on July 12, 2012 at 5:43 pm
    • Have a fun time, if u get a chance stop at Docks in s portland it's yummmy! ;) xD
      Don't get caught by the Blog Cabin police hahahahah^_^

MaryPA on July 13, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    • I love the Docks in Portland–food's yummy there! Don't know if we'll have much time in Portland this trip. It's a good idea, if we do go there–thanks for the reminder!

You know I'll have FUN, Mary!!!;) Especially, since I still have this wonderful relic from my old movie and TV days, from the series "The Invisible Man" and it fits!!! Hahahaha! Guess where I'm wearing it???;)B):*:p Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 13, 2012 at 2:03 pm