Jul 2

The Blog Cabin Buzz

The bees are buzzing and so are we — about the soon-to-launch virtual home tour. I hope you enjoy this latest cinemagraph from visual designer Jason Kisner. We may have more sneak peeks in the days and weeks to come.

• Posted at 4:28 pm on July 7, 2012

1. A very stylish and unique door handle. Love the fuschia colored flowers. And, the wood floor looks great! Can't wait to see more in the days and weeks to come.

Summer on July 3, 2012 at 11:47 am
  2. very interesting floor there…

dreamn_again on July 3, 2012 at 12:31 pm
  3. Mary, thanks for the eye candy (as someone else said). I can't wait until August 13th….I mean I really can't wait! More photos please. Have a great 4th of July everyone!

SweetLiz on July 3, 2012 at 12:34 pm
  4. I hope I win this one………Maine would be a great state to live in.

Summer on July 3, 2012 at 12:34 pm
  5. I am so ready for the virtual tour and the DIY specials for this home in Maine.

Hawkweed on July 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm
  6. Great mix of photos — we're treated to an intriguing inlaid wood floor, a "how'd they do that?" magic door, and buzzing bumblebees galore.

Although each photo speaks of the beauty waiting to be revealed in this wonderful Blog Cabin renovation, I'll admit (apparently being easily entertained) that I was most amused by Jason Kisner's cinemagraph of the bees. At first glance, I only saw the one buzzing bee looping in and out and around this floral nirvana, then I spotted the second, hovering non-stop in a tight holding pattern above the first, and finally I noticed the third bee, making a brief but regularly scheduled appearance in its quest to find the perfect landing spot.

How much honey these three busy bees will actually make from all their buzzing about remains to be seen, but I'm sure once the virtual home tour is launched the views are bound to be very sweet indeed.

DBCoop on July 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm
    • How true, Coop! WE voted for that inlaid floor. :) Then, some of us (probably many) begged and complained till DIY brought back the REAL antique and ORIGINAL DOOR KNOCKER! :) Much better than that generic plain, boring dull one some folks chose. Excellent decision, DIY!!! Now, about those bees, they are going to be SO dizzy when they head, loaded with pollen, back to their hive. Here's hopin' they carry a good compass…;):p Happy 4th Coop and Everybody!xDB)^_^ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 3, 2012 at 2:20 pm
  7. I used to live in Maine back in the 90's when we were in the military. What a pretty state. The people were so friendly. We live in Florida now and everyone is so hot. I quess it makes them mean. Ha Ha. I know the winner of this home will have all the happiness in the world.

carter123 on July 3, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    • Hi and welcome, Carter123! Thanks for your Service to our Country! We are a caring and fun group of Bloggies and we are happy to have you join us. :) We have virtual parties, with great virtual food; when we get bored, we tell virtual stories (our last one was recent–about Sasquatch and the Blog Cabin 2012); and we look out for one another and encourage each other. And of course we love Blog Cabin! Feel free to jump in. Have a happy, safe 4th of July!^_^B)xD Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 3, 2012 at 2:30 pm
    • I would most certainly sell my home here in southern Texas so I could live in that home in Maine overlooking the bay. I would be glad to trade our 103 temp for that 78 degrees, any day of the week. Think of the fishing I could have in my own backyard. Wow.
      That is if I win?

Hawkweed on July 3, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    • Good luck in entering, Hawkweed….103 degrees is rrrrough !!

LLColeman on July 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm
    • Thanks. And great luck to you and your family also.

Hawkweed on July 4, 2012 at 2:16 pm
    • Welcome to the Blog Cabin adventure, Thank you so much for serving in the military.We appreciate you and your time there protecting our beautiful USA…
      I live on the Central East Coast, KSC area and it was so hot here today, I think 94 with 85% humidity. which made it so much hotter…We do expect rain tonight and the rest of the week…Hopfully no wild weather will come with it, we have had enough of that for a while…A nice slow rain to sink in the ground would be nice. Have a good evening!

Jennie/Florida on July 3, 2012 at 8:01 pm
    • The news said it felt like 103 here in the Villages today. Humidity is getting back up to summer norms and we don't have the sea breezes to cool us down.

YankeeNuke on July 3, 2012 at 9:23 pm
    • We had terrible weather here yesterday. My daughter and I lost power for several hours. I had to call my husband back in Jacksonville to learn how to use the weather radio. We live in Salt Springs on Lake Kerr. The winds get rough here. I hope it cools down for you. Thankyou for making us feel welcome on this sight.

carter123 on July 3, 2012 at 11:04 pm
  8. My daughter just corrected my spelling. She said I spelled guess wrong. Sorry. This is my first time on the website. I am excited to be joining in.

carter123 on July 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    • You are welcome– and no need to worry about spelling or anything else–we blog "as is" and it is a fun bunch of bloggers.

LLColeman on July 3, 2012 at 5:46 pm
    • Most all of us need typing and spelling lessons, so we generally just ignore them in other folk's blogs, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The only time it is a problem is if I butcher something so bad that I can't decipher what I was trying to say.
      Enjoy the blog and the other wonderful folks who are here. it is almost as nice and as walking into the general store in the middle of winter and meeting a bunch of folks sitting around the pot bellied stove telling stories and enjoying the warmth of the friendships as much as the stove.

YankeeNuke on July 3, 2012 at 9:21 pm
    • That is sweet, Yankee ! I guess that is why I am so stuck on visiting with everyone on this blog–you expressed the sentiment perfectly !

LLColeman on July 5, 2012 at 3:13 am
  9. Good news! I was just checking to see if the virtual tour was up yet. Looking forward to it.

jolie_blonde on July 3, 2012 at 2:07 pm
    • We expect the virtual tour on or about August 13th… Have a good Summer!xD Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 3, 2012 at 2:32 pm
  10. The current temp in Waldoboro, Maine is 78º F. I am sure many of us would love to trade temps right now.

jolie_blonde on July 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm
    • We would love to trade, our temperature is 91 and humidity is 83% on the Central east coast of Florida!!!
      78 would be wonderful…

Jennie/Florida on July 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm
    • With the current heat wave that is now sweeping our nation, it would be nice to live in Maine right about now. Happy 4th of July!!!!!

Summer on July 4, 2012 at 1:21 pm
    • Could have gone all day without knowing that, since in Central, central Fl it is 94 and feels like 103. Thinking about Maine does help me cool down at least for the moment.

YankeeNuke on July 5, 2012 at 2:33 pm