Jul 2

The Blog Cabin Buzz

The bees are buzzing and so are we — about the soon-to-launch virtual home tour. I hope you enjoy this latest cinemagraph from visual designer Jason Kisner. We may have more sneak peeks in the days and weeks to come.

• Posted at 4:28 pm on July 7, 2012

1. What a beautiful cozy New England setting for this year’s Blog Cabin. The only “visual pollution” that detracts from this gorgeous coastal retreat are the electrical wires coming into the home. Could they be put underground?

Gary Macy on July 28, 2012 at 5:36 pm
  2. I have dreamed of winning this so stand in line all . I cannot wait for the vitural tours and dont miss a show on tv . I love all crashers and i am counting the days for August 13th i cannot wait i wont miss one entry in this
    Maine is so beautiful i would love to be there ..thank you DIY for the great chance and the fun i had helping

sablelulu on August 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm
  3. I'm ready for the tour, Mary. Would also like to visit in person, but that's not possible.

Lessie on August 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm
  4. The flower go so well with the front of the house,,,,,,,,,,,,and the door handle good choice
    donna

donna warden on August 10, 2012 at 12:26 am
  5. just perfect

bennett on August 21, 2012 at 11:32 pm
  6. Love the Barn…

Kathy on August 25, 2012 at 11:25 am
  7. Mary, Thank you for sending this to us. Visual designer Jason Kisner did a great job bringing the pictures to life. The BC is so beautiful. It has been so exciting to see it be renovated and recreated from a home of 1884 to 2012. Thank you everyone for your hard work!

bythebaydreamer on September 12, 2012 at 5:31 pm
  8. Rather than read all 300 plus comments/questions; i'll risk duplicating. What color is the front door? Name and brand would be great. I love the soft buttery look. The corbels are also gorgeous! Thank you.

C-C on September 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm
  9. Just watching Blog Cabin on TV, I love that the designers are getting to choose from the wood and old pieces in the barn, the house will have so much history and love put back into it. It's so beautiful and green there just like my home back in Scotland and I like that you can see the neighborhood so you can see you have neighbors close by. So much thought was put into this home, I so hope like thousands of others I win it, I would move to Maine in a heartbeat, it beats hot and dry Arkansas where we thought we wanted to retire at when my husband retired from his twenty years in the military two years ago.

Sandra Bilberry on October 3, 2012 at 11:45 am