Jun 18

A Warming Trend at Blog Cabin 2012

Let me paint a mental picture for you on this warm summer day: It’s late October or early November in Waldoboro, Maine. The colors of autumn are fading to grey, as winter creeps quietly across the landscape. A cold rain drizzles down from the skies, as you snuggle up by the gas stove with a good book and a cup of tea. Sounds dreamy, yes? Enter the Blog Cabin 2012 Giveaway, twice per day, starting this August, and dream could turn reality for you.

A special shout-out goes to visual designer Jason Kisner, who created this cinemagraph upon returning from the online photo shoot.

• Posted at 9:00 am on June 6, 2012

1. I love this fireplace, and the hardwood floors are beautiful. I lived in a little town called dixfield ME, we had an old wood burning stove, the kind with four round disc burners that you had to lift with a handle to put wood in. (took my Mom awhile to get use to, but being the excellent cook that she was, she mastered it) The kitchen was large, but always so warm and cozy, because of that big old stove. Kinda funny, but this old house looks very similar to the one I lived in.

11241224 on June 28, 2012 at 11:31 am
  2. I Love to read books, But I lived most of my life in FL so I never had a Fire Place before. I am not used to the changing seasons…. I would Dream of haveing a nice Fire Place to cozzie up too, with a good book!
    Ah, if Dreams realy did come true….. How happy I would be!!!!!

asandmancan on June 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm
  3. love it mary, great imagining living there!

edie magoon on June 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm
  4. Ahhhh! Cool fall morning having a cup of coffee next to the wood burning stove with mist coming up over the fields and the rain falling. Nothing better!!! What a beautiful place to live. Thank you for all the great pictures and being able to see the transformation.

gonefishing2 on June 30, 2012 at 5:11 pm
  5. having grown up in Ohio, which i still miss terribly!!! makes me think about all those years up north, having beautiful rains, great snow to play in, and tons of leaves to run through!!! Have wanted to move back up north for years, maybe this will be the year(God willing!) looking forward to entering in august!! Love the beautiful work you have done!!! …. know the right person will win, as always! p. s. lovvve everything about the house, it is totally wonderful!!! the stove looks great!!

Penginsmomina on July 2, 2012 at 4:23 pm
  6. I have noticed that no one has answered the question about weather there will be a solar panels or a backup generator put in the new Blog Cabin?

Plus have they decided to run power and water to the barn yet???

asandmancan on July 9, 2012 at 12:58 pm
  7. Absolutely beautiful, warm and inviting, truly a family home as I can see the love here. Very well done, just beautiful!__

SusanG1956 on August 13, 2012 at 3:36 pm
  8. Love this home the master bed room the head board took my heart away it is so well done every thing is just perfect . Is their any place on the site where you could have a few alpaca they are my favorite pet.

bennett on August 20, 2012 at 9:27 pm
  9. This cabin is just beautiful. I was wondering does it have heat other than the one wood burning?

Kathleen O'Brien on August 23, 2012 at 12:46 am
  10. The gas stove is wonderful! It would keep the first floor warm and cozy, especially when there is a chill in the air. Sitting in the living room gazing at the field and water would be very relaxing.

bythebaydreamer on September 28, 2012 at 1:27 am