Jun 18

A Warming Trend at Blog Cabin 2012

Let me paint a mental picture for you on this warm summer day: It’s late October or early November in Waldoboro, Maine. The colors of autumn are fading to grey, as winter creeps quietly across the landscape. A cold rain drizzles down from the skies, as you snuggle up by the gas stove with a good book and a cup of tea. Sounds dreamy, yes? Enter the Blog Cabin 2012 Giveaway, twice per day, starting this August, and dream could turn reality for you.

A special shout-out goes to visual designer Jason Kisner, who created this cinemagraph upon returning from the online photo shoot.

• Posted at 9:00 am on June 6, 2012

1. Thank you Mary for the new Thread!!! Great Pics, love the Winter scene, especially since I'm in 90 degree weather and the humidity is sweltering…Looking at those Photos, I'm so ready for Fall!!

Jennie/Florida on June 18, 2012 at 9:50 am
    • Thanks for rubbing it in Jennie! haha. It's raining nearly everyday here in England!

Formwork Systems on June 18, 2012 at 12:04 pm
    • Thank you Mary! Tantalizing…I'm ready!:p:*<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 18, 2012 at 1:18 pm
    • Hi from Tampa, Florida. Yep, I agree, it's vey hot now, but the view of the fireplace and apples looks very appealing.

Sun and Surf on June 20, 2012 at 9:08 am
    • Hi Sun and Surf, Welcome to the Blog! We've had good weather the past few days with lower humidity, but that's about to change. Now we're getting ready for a tropical front coming from the South that is moving through south Florida now. We just had torrential rains last week and the week before, that caused floods in our area. I'm on the East Coast, Kennedy Space Center area.
      When I see a fireplace, apples and a rainy day….It reminds me of the Fall weather in North Carolina and where the fresh apples are harvested. It's cool enough for sweaters, gloves and they have fire places going…Nice to sit in front of the fire with a cup of hot apple cider..Love the fall weather in NC!
      Oh, but I'm sure I would love the Fall weather living in this Beautiful Farmhouse in Waldoboro!
      Maine is noted for its beautiful Fall Season, but I don't know if I could take the long cold Winters in Maine!…I would be willing to try! Have a good day!

Jennie/Florida on June 20, 2012 at 10:35 am
  2. Ah, that fire does look quite cozy, also positively love the floors! <3<3<3 Mary we really appreciate these little peaks inside-the virtual tour on August 13th seems so far away.:p

SID on June 18, 2012 at 10:09 am
  3. Greetings SID and fellow Bloggers! I was just thinking the same thing last night!! — August 13th seems sooo far away!! Was wondering what we were going to do or SEE in the following days and weeks.. THANKS MARY! Truly enjoying the teasers — please feel free to tantalize us any time! :P
    WARMLY, Lilly –had to add the WARMLY for Jason's cinema-graph :)

Lilly on June 18, 2012 at 10:31 am
  4. While the fire is beautiful, in this heat and humidity we are having in Wisconsin makes one not even want to think of a fire. It will be nice on cold days, however.

peachdoctor on June 18, 2012 at 11:27 am
    • LOL If you think the heat in Wisconsin is bad now, you should come on down to Texas for a real roastin'. :)

CarlaB on June 18, 2012 at 4:50 pm
    • Hi CarlaB….. I hope your area wasn't in the path of that Big Hail storm that went through the Dallas area….Scary!

Jennie/Florida on June 18, 2012 at 7:37 pm
  5. So enticing…. our air conditioning just went MIA so these shots of cool, cosy times look very appealing.

izzyguest on June 18, 2012 at 12:05 pm
  6. Warm, cozy, wonderful!

memanbepa on June 18, 2012 at 12:06 pm
  7. A+ goes to the cinemagraph.

izzyguest on June 18, 2012 at 12:08 pm
  8. Yesterday's high in my area was 109, so the time I spent outside was mostly in the pool. Still, I'm doing my best to focus on Mary's mental picture of a cool and somewhat rainy late autumn day snuggled up by the Blog Cabin's gas stove fire with a good book, a Snickers bar and a hot cup of tea. (For the sake of journalistic veracity, the Snickers bar was my own personal addition to Mary's masterfully painted mental picture.)

Now I have to admit that visual designer Jason Kisner's cinemagraphic is fanning the flames of excitement over the coming photos, online tour and most of all, the start of the Sweepstakes entry period for this charming Waldoboro farmhouse.

(I'm wondering who ate that one green apple, which then had to be replaced with a spare red one before the photo was taken? Which just goes to show the many temptations and unexpected perils faced by the HGTV online crew when they're on location!)

DBCoop on June 18, 2012 at 1:13 pm
    • Greetings DBCoop! I laughed out loud when I read about the "unexpected perils faced by the HGTV online crew" I could just picture someone running around looking for an apple tree to replace the eaten one!! Yep, the forbidden fruit! Hee Hee! Thanks for the laugh! Lilly

Lilly on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    • The green ones are Granny Smith and the red is a red delicious to give a sort of Christmas feel to add to Mary's cold and comfy mental image.

YankeeNuke on June 18, 2012 at 5:47 pm
  9. Love the stove- and the floor seems okay.

Nebraska on June 18, 2012 at 1:39 pm
    • Agree! I think the problem we really had was with the dark wood floors for upstairs with practically no windows and no dormers….:$o.0=/ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 19, 2012 at 3:18 pm
  10. Love the stove…I wish I could feel its heat through my laptop! It's chilly and rainy again today here on the farm. I think I'll go get that "cuppa" tea and warm myself up with sweet dreams of this DIY Blog Cabin!

Downonthefarm on June 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm