Jun 12

Cabin Comforts Comes to a Close

Thank you all for participating in our housewarming gifts vote and entering for a chance to win a gift collection identical to the one we plan to shower upon the winner of this year’s amazing vacation getaway.

This phase of our Blog Cabin 2012 project is over, but stay tuned for the virtual home tour and the airing of the 2012 episodes and special. Keep checking our What’s New page for details.

I share a special treat on this day: A photo of Chris Grundy on his last day at Blog Cabin 2012.  I bet you can’t guess where that mirror ended up.

Chris Grundy at Blog Cabin 2012

• Posted at 5:12 pm on June 6, 2012

1. Bathroom.

Jeff on June 12, 2012 at 6:41 pm
    • I now believe that it is not a mirror at all, but is a piece of beveled glass used on the top of a nice vanity or dresser. So it will be in the master bedroom.

Jeff on June 19, 2012 at 5:20 am
  2. The bottom of a koi pond?

peter_nyc on June 12, 2012 at 7:07 pm
  3. Mudroom/entry?!xDB)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 12, 2012 at 8:16 pm
    • Wild guess:). #2 Wilder guess: Laundry Room;)B):p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm
    • OK. :) I'm wracking my brain–here's my wild guess # 3–Isn't # 3 supposed to be the charm??? I think that antique beveled mirror will go behind the Bar, which is set up in one of two places: a) the Nook; or, the Family/Game Room upstairs. What say you? B);):p Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm
    • I am hoping the mirror wound up in a glass store to have the back redone. Not sure but it looks like parts of the mirror are not clear but then again neither am I, since my glasses need cleaning….going to take care of that now….lol

Hope all the fathers had a wonderful day!
      Windee :)

Wndee:) on June 17, 2012 at 7:32 pm
  4. Bedroom

Kenneth Day on June 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm
  5. Stairs to make it look like a window there…

home_girl on June 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm
    • LOL!!

LLColeman on June 15, 2012 at 12:43 am
  6. "Mirror mirror on the wall" …..Well, just wondering: would there be a special prize for whoever is able to guess where the mirror ended up????? Just wondering, Mary…..I guess we'll find out where the mirror ended up when the virtual tour starts and I can't wait for that to come! My guess is that the mirror ended up in the powder room's wall. If there is a prize, please Mary sign me up for it! Hope my answer is the correct one but if it is not, I will be glad that the prize would go for whoever guesses correctly and solves this big mystery….where did that mirror end up????? Anyway, it's been fun to follow the blog and your teasers Mary are great !!!! Thank you so much for all the updates….we'll stay tuned…..Is there going to be a trip available to the Blog Cabin 2012 as it happened for the Blog Cabin 2011????? I recall a voting time last year when DIY selected a winner for a trip to last year's Blog cabin….is that going to happen this year too????? Just wondering…..whoever knows the answer to this question, feel free to share with me. Thank you ….I appreciate any info. anyone would give me on that…..Just wondering! Thanks!

FLH on June 12, 2012 at 10:17 pm
    • I was thinking about the trip contest also. Since we haven't heard anything about it, I am assuming that there is none this year.

peachdoctor on June 13, 2012 at 2:21 pm
    • I was wondering that also peachdoctor. This will be the first time a BC hasn't had a tour for some lucky person. I think BC #3 you could pay to go see it, and the $$ went to some event.

vicki_in_Utah on June 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm
  7. A water feature, how nice! Maine is an awesome place with fabulous people! No luck in our family, so don't hold out much hope in winning, but would love to live closer to family who live in Waldoboro, and would also be sad to leave family here in Virginia!

Rose on June 12, 2012 at 10:27 pm
  8. Okay, I've marked the big day, Monday, August 13 on my calendar already. That'll be two, yes two wins in one day, with the premiere of the Blog Cabin virtual tour and the beginning date for entries into the Sweepstakes.

I wouldn't miss it for all the tea in Waldoboro!

DBCoop on June 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm
  9. In Chris's truck bed when he left the site to go home. Ha ha ha

YankeeNuke on June 13, 2012 at 12:35 am
    • LOL….LOL

LadyLake1st on June 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm
    • Lady Lake, FL? if so you are close to us.

YankeeNuke on June 16, 2012 at 8:48 am
  10. Family room upstairs on wall behind couch to help spread the light around.

YankeeNuke on June 13, 2012 at 1:31 am