Jun 2

Follow Us on Instagram, Won’t Ya?

Blog Cabin 2012 on Instagram

The online team is on location, capturing photos and copy for the virtual home tour of Blog Cabin 2012. As we spend time in and around the town of Waldoboro, Maine, we plan to post behind-the-scenes pictures on Instagram. You can expect photos of lighthouses, pretty harbors, old churches, village scenes and anything out-of-the-ordinary/unusual that catches our eye. Download the app on your phone, follow diynetwork and comment on or like the photos.

Note to Audience: Instagram is a new addition to our coverage of Blog Cabin 2012. We will continue to keep you updated via blog entries, photo galleries and our online virtual tour, which will live on DIYNetwork.com. To view our Blog Cabin online photo shoot Instagram photos on your home computer, please visit Webstagram.com.

• Posted at 11:58 am on June 6, 2012

1. No thank you Mary- too much to keep track of already. There is really nothing wrong with the website and the blog. TOO MUCH IS OVERLOAD and you deter people from even the website. I rarely do facebook anymore. These things simply take up too much of what little time I have.

Nebraska on June 3, 2012 at 11:20 am
    • Copy that

izzyguest on June 3, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    • Copy that too. No thanks to thanks to webstagram.

Kathleen Mortensen on June 3, 2012 at 5:34 pm
    • Ditto.

DGustaf on June 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm
    • Double Ditto, Don!

EdinOregon on June 3, 2012 at 9:27 pm
  2. Thank you Mary!!!!! I'm so glad you are looking out for us "Goldies".. just went to Webstagram.com and saw the photos…and they are beautiful!

Jennie/Florida on June 3, 2012 at 12:20 pm
    • Oh…. and now I want a piece of that Blueberry pie from Moody's…..

Jennie/Florida on June 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm
    • My question is why do we need another medium? The website works fine.

Nebraska on June 4, 2012 at 11:20 am
    • Hi Nebraska…The Photos are nice and I'm glad Mary put them on that website so we don't have to go elsewhere to see photos or have to buy something to be able to see them, which is foolish and I wouldn't…..JMO
      I will tell you what I think this is really all about. I think now that the BC is on its way to completion, Mary wants to gear us in another directions, thinking that we will be pacified with the new pics and won't continue to ask to see more pics and information about the finished Blog Cabin. I don't think it's going to work because we are anxious to see what has been done and would still like some questions answered. Their's still alot of Threads that can be posted and if she would move the Cam to the barn, we could look at the front yard for a while..We have to wait til August for the Reveal and that's a lot of weeks to fill from now til the walk through and entering to win…Just my thoughts

Jennie/Florida on June 4, 2012 at 5:21 pm
  3. Talk about a groundbreaking multimedia experience! Even if you don't get the app, click on the photo to enlarge it. It truly is gorgeous!

memanbepa on June 3, 2012 at 1:40 pm
  4. I don't think you must have a smart phone to view pics – but if you do have a smart phone you can view pics with it. Have a great great day y'all!

CarlaB on June 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm
    • Why can't they simply be posted on the website?

Nebraska on June 4, 2012 at 11:18 am
  5. Pretty photos! I have been away from the blog for awhile, but I am still looking forward to seeing the completed renovation of this year's Blog Cabin. As one of the decorators described it a few blog entries ago……..the sun is shining and the birds are chirping!
    You can't go wrong with that type of view out your front window. I like a sun shiny day in the state of Maine.

Summer on June 3, 2012 at 2:07 pm
  6. That piece of blueberry pie is too small.

izzyguest on June 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm
  7. Hi Izzyguest, I don't think the Blueberry Rhubarb pie is too small, I just think that double scoop of ice cream is tooooo BIG!!!

Jennie/Florida on June 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm
  8. If you happen to go to the Webstagram and see the photos just wanted to pass along that if you are looking for another great location in Maine, Pemaquid Point is awesome!! If you love to camp it is beautiful on a summer evening there :)

heaven-bound23 on June 3, 2012 at 7:42 pm
    • Hi everybody! Heaven-bound is right. I cannot say enough about Pemaquid Point! (Google it! It is in the village of New Harbor/Bristol, ME) The linear gigantic granite outcroppings upon which sits the famous lighthouse by the same name and, which graces the American Quarter commemorating the State of Maine , is something magnificent! Some people have been foolish and climbed too far down those slippery rocks during low tide and put themselves in harm's way of rogue waves–that is the only caveat that I would emphasize, if you visit this amazing behemoth work of Nature! The wave action can be phenomenal! Pemaquid Point is my Hubby's and my destination every year and it is truly a work of God's art! xDB)<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 3, 2012 at 8:10 pm
  9. Reading all of your comments about the blueberry pie made me go back to thinking about how the property is such a great location to plant your own blueberry bushes and then you could go out on the back deck and make your own homemade ice cream. Just made some this weekend and it was sooooooo goooood ^_^^_^

heaven-bound23 on June 3, 2012 at 7:45 pm
  10. The diynetwork "Lobster Heaven" photo (Webstagram) reminds me of some very pertinent advice:

Things To Never Say In Front Of A Maine Lobster

Don't dash off now, the party's just beginning.
    Sometimes you have to claw your way to the top.
    Looks like you're all dressed up with nowhere to go.
    It's time to cut to the chase.
    No need to be such a crab about it.
    This is no time to run off with your tail between your legs.
    A watched pot never boils.
    Why, you're red as a lobster.
    That's another one of your half-baked ideas.
    If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    Come on, fork it over.
    Too many chefs spoil the broth.
    I can take whatever you want to dish out.
    What's your recipe for success?
    And finally —
    Just remember, you've got nothing to worry about….

DBCoop on June 3, 2012 at 8:26 pm
    • LOL, Coop—I also imagine nobody should mention it being " time to take the plunge",or admonish him with, " Don't get yourself into hot water ! "

LLColeman on June 4, 2012 at 2:27 am
    • "time to take the plunge" — good one, LLColeman. Guaranteed to fill the heart of any poor lobster with trepidation!

DBCoop on June 4, 2012 at 10:42 am
    • ROTFL………. this is great!!!! pass the drawn butter please

heaven-bound23 on June 4, 2012 at 11:49 am
    • How 'bout 'what's cookin?", or "your pot or mine?".

AnneEliseSouth on June 4, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    • Most excellent as usual Coop. I think a lot of these could boil down to the phrase " Just trust me! " too.

EdinOregon on June 4, 2012 at 5:43 pm