Nov 2

Meet the Winner

We are proud to announce the winner of Blog Cabin 2011. Please read our exclusive Q&A to learn more about Carol Livingston and her plans for the future.

I’d like to thank everyone who particpated in our People’s Choice voting and entered for a chance to win this gorgeous Chesapeake Bay home. Keep checking this blog for more details on our 2012 home.

• Posted at 11:10 am on November 11, 2011

1,290 Comments

1. Carol by no means do I want to rain on your parade but I found out some info that I want to share about the 2012 BC…we have a host revel folks….***spoiler alert*** http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2011/11/02/diy-ne

its Chris Grundy from Cool Tools…welcome Chris!! I know you will be the next perfect host for this wonderful transformation….can't wait to get this party started…

maria_w_in_nj on November 2, 2011 at 5:18 pm
    • Thanks for the link, Maria. Oh, and thanks for the pumpkin whoopie pie, too. Very delicious!

Dghawk4 on November 2, 2011 at 6:19 pm
    • oops that is supposed to be…host "reveal"…but we can all "revel" in the Carol's good fortune…so happy for you!!

maria_w_in_nj on November 2, 2011 at 7:17 pm
    • Great find Maria! Chris Grundy the loveable, infectiously excited over Cool Tools everywhere he travels in America host! I would have NEVER have guessed Chris. I've never seen Chris do construction, who knew?? NO doubt Chris you will bring lots of enthusiasm to the Maine project, welcome aboard! I don't expect to find you hiding a hairbrush in your tool belt. LOL Chris Remember us bloggers want to be your new BEST friends, please feel free to join us here on the blog anytime!

Mel on November 2, 2011 at 7:25 pm
    • LOL Mel I wanted to make reference to the hairbrush in the toolbox too, but kind of walking on egg shells here, don't want to ruffle any feathers….were glad to have ya Chris…don't make yourself a stranger…:)

maria_w_in_nj on November 3, 2011 at 7:00 am
    • OMG —- Did you happen to notice the sentence saying "the world" will help renovate? Does that mean instaed of us having to compete here in the US, we have other countries to compete with as well???? I am hoping that's a mis-print!

StellaF on November 2, 2011 at 9:57 pm
    • Oh gosh Stella, I am assuming they meant cyber world…

maria_w_in_nj on November 3, 2011 at 8:43 am
    • Being as I am, "your friendly, neighborhood tool junkie", I like the choice of Chris Grundy as the next host; he always displays a level of excitment that can be infectious.

DGustaf on November 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm
  2. Well, Carol..Best wishes for you and your family. Your new home is beautiful!!! This certainly will be a BIRTHDAY you will always remember.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!….
    Now for the rest of us….WOO HOO! Finally a winner is revealed .. Onto to Maine we all go!!!!
    And the kitchen we want is what____? Who knows maybe the next house will be for one of us!!! *smile*

Cindy on November 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm
  3. Confrere to Carol and family on winning the Blog Cabin 2011. I must be honest and tell you that I have been dreaming of winning myself and how my family would enjoy this home. However I truly hope that God will Bless you and your family and you will enjoy this home and make lots of great family memories here. Again, Congrats & GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAMILY!!!

Kay Page on November 2, 2011 at 7:00 pm
  4. To Carol Livingston and Family,

Happy, Happy Birthday, Carol! May you and Family enjoy many new joys and make happy memories in your new vacation get-away! :) Sure, all who voted would have loved to win, but it is evident that God had other plans for the Susan, VA, property which included you! I live in SE Virginia and it's a wonderful place with lots to see and do! All the best always! xD

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm
  5. A VERY Happy Birthday, Carol! Congratulations on a beautiful house and gorgeous view!

I am still curious how you were contacted. Many of us had,including myself, had imagined various ways this could have happened to you.

Thank you for sharing what you have.

Again….sincerest congratulations!

Trish on November 2, 2011 at 7:09 pm
  6. Congratulations Carol! You have won a real star, that's quite the looker and has had a collective amount of heart, sweat and soul poured into her by many talented people. Enjoy all those spectacular spaces, and make some great memories. Unless you're Matty Blah Blah's mom I say you won her fair and square. :)

Mel on November 2, 2011 at 7:11 pm
    • Mel it states that Carol has grown twin sons…are you implying that there is another Matty Blah Blah out there somewhere…ewwww two of them, twice as nice….:p VBG

maria_w_in_nj on November 3, 2011 at 8:47 am
  7. Congratulations Carol. Hope your winnings bless you and others greatly!

redbarnartist on November 2, 2011 at 8:43 pm
  8. Congratulations Carol! Enjoy your new vacation home!

SNUFFY1996 on November 2, 2011 at 8:48 pm
  9. A big CONGRATULATIONS to Carol Livingston!!!! May you be happy and blessed in your new home!!!! Beverly :-)

Beverly on November 2, 2011 at 8:52 pm
  10. well Ashtabulannie i dont care i was dreaming of winning this house and nothing ever happens to my family only bad luck i want carols house and my grandfather intends on buying it

leona fisher on November 2, 2011 at 9:06 pm
    • sorry that was my sister framing me i saw her last night after she left the comments like i said im soooooo sorry and CONGRATS to Carol hope your happy and filled with love and joy. enjoy Carol

leona fisher on November 3, 2011 at 4:47 pm
    • Leona, heart crushing things happen to many people everyday. Just as someone else said, "True happiness NEVER comes from material things. At least not in the end. I should know. Try to keep positive and not covet and most likely, things will turn around for you. Take care.

Lea81194 on November 4, 2011 at 3:24 am
    • no my sister framed me i never said that she is 10 years younger then me im happy for carol

leona fisher on November 4, 2011 at 5:31 pm