Nov 2

Meet the Winner

We are proud to announce the winner of Blog Cabin 2011. Please read our exclusive Q&A to learn more about Carol Livingston and her plans for the future.

I’d like to thank everyone who particpated in our People’s Choice voting and entered for a chance to win this gorgeous Chesapeake Bay home. Keep checking this blog for more details on our 2012 home.

• Posted at 11:10 am on November 11, 2011

1,290 Comments

1. Congratulations. How exciting to get the news that you won on your BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy…

Angie on November 2, 2011 at 3:31 pm
  2. The winner of the Urban Oasis is a AfroAmerican!!! please have faith…

Ingrid on November 2, 2011 at 3:43 pm
    • Ingrid, I am trying to have faith. Last year the first Black Woman ever to win " HGTV Dream Home 2010" was a Doctor with an Autistic Son, who use to live in New Orlean; and she lost her house to Katrina. This is the type of person that should be winning these sweepstakes. Some-one who really needs it. Also the woman who just won the " Urban Oasis 2011" was a Black Woman from Baltimore, MD. So I have hope from all the years that I have been looking at this show. I just hope one day that I could be there with these 2 women and win one of these Sweepstakes, and be as happy as they are right now. I stand proud as a Black Woman. I hope you are as proud to, as a Woman.

Nichet on November 3, 2011 at 10:54 am
  3. well this is my last time entering i have to go back to the Philippines my new home, hey now i have a better chance of having a house just as good as this one congratulations to the winner GOD has truly blessed you.

JAMES on November 2, 2011 at 3:46 pm
  4. Carol, very Happy Birthday and Congratulations! Don't pay any attention to the "Danny & Debbie Downers". Gosh people what's wrong with you all??? Deal with the results, move on . It' is just a contest! Surly you don't let your entire life revolve around this event. Millions and millions entered and only one person won. Get over it people! Carol I'm thrilled for you and your family. Enjoy it for a while , sell it after a while , and luxuriate in the extra money it might provide you and your family. All the best! I am truly happy for you!

Wow! Good Grief!! It is just a contest folks!

Ashtabulannie on November 2, 2011 at 3:47 pm
    • Wow good grief folks its just a contest

leona fisher on November 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm
  5. Congrats Carol….
    You are the envy of all !! I can say it was a big let down for all of us that followed this beauty from the beginning and we prayed, dreamed and voted ,wished and worried over this beautiful home that seemed to take our souls…
    You are very fortunate and I hope that you will be very happy in Susan…
    I was ready to move there in a heartbeat as I am sure were others. It's hard to let go of the dream but I suppose it was in the cards for you. Feel Blessed because in my eyes you are very blessed… Congrats again !!!

1sunny1 on November 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm
  6. Congratulations Carol! You are a genuine, sincere, thoughtful, caring, intelligent, creative, fabulous woman. Wishing you every happiness and joy your new home can bring,

Stef Cappel on November 2, 2011 at 4:32 pm
  7. Congratulations, Carol and welcome to Virginia! Once here you will never want to leave. I am so happy for you! It's also great that you have friends here. I'm sure they will be very helpful in showing you around. Again, congratulations! :D

Dghawk4 on November 2, 2011 at 4:45 pm
  8. Congratulations Carol! We're so happy for you and can only imagine how you felt when you received the good news. Enjoy this moment, and make sure and let us know what you think of the house. As far as me, I'm looking forward to entering for the next one. It's fun to enter and dream! :-)

Rojomima on November 2, 2011 at 4:45 pm
  9. :l sniff, sniff, :( , sniff, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…:%27( :%27( wheeze, snort , WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, :%27(

Dghawk4 on November 2, 2011 at 4:54 pm
    • will a pumpkin whoopie pie help?

maria_w_in_nj on November 2, 2011 at 5:05 pm
    • sniff….uh huh….sniff…thanks. OK, now on to the next one! B)

Dghawk4 on November 2, 2011 at 6:14 pm
    • Too, too funny, Dghawk4!!! :pxD If we don't watch it we're all going to look like whoopie pies by the time our next Blog Cabin Winner is announced! <3

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 4, 2011 at 3:41 pm
    • I just found out and I basically did the same thing. its too bad they dont show it live or on tv……i shouldnt have gotten my hopes up…… :(

DIYfan4life14 on November 2, 2011 at 6:18 pm
    • You have to have hope. Whether you win or lose, its all a part of the game and life. I have gotten my hopes up for so many things in my life only to have them dashed, but hey, it won't stop me from hoping again. I just say, "Oh well", shrug my shoulders, pick myself up, brush myself off, and keep on truckin'.

Dghawk4 on November 2, 2011 at 6:43 pm
    • Absolutely right! You GO Girl!!! B):)

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 4, 2011 at 3:44 pm