Nov 2

Meet the Winner

We are proud to announce the winner of Blog Cabin 2011. Please read our exclusive Q&A to learn more about Carol Livingston and her plans for the future.

I’d like to thank everyone who particpated in our People’s Choice voting and entered for a chance to win this gorgeous Chesapeake Bay home. Keep checking this blog for more details on our 2012 home.

• Posted at 11:10 am on November 11, 2011

1,290 Comments

1. How wonderful for you Carol! And to have friends that live nearby, how lucky is that?! :D

SweetLiz on November 2, 2011 at 12:20 pm
  2. Congratulations to Carol! And to reiterate what SweetLiz said, how awesome is it to have friends that live so close by?! Enjoy your new home! I shall be living vicariously through you for years to come LOL!!

Debra G. on November 2, 2011 at 12:25 pm
    • Hi Debra, ahhh we have to let her go now…I was really hoping it was you when we hadn't heard from you for so long…oh well…maybe Carol will extent us an invitation to her new home (hint, hint :p) …well it on to Maine…

but I have to tell ya, the DH and I are still looking at VA to retire to, we keep on saying that we are going to go down and look around, I have to get down there I promised CBW Vietnamese Spring Rolls…;)

maria_w_in_nj on November 2, 2011 at 12:31 pm
    • I am so sorry to disappoint:( As for Virginia, we are planning to retire there, too! We were going in September to scout areas and hone down the possibilities when our trip was canceled for my surgery. We plan to reschedule for spring of 2012. I will NOT give up on my VIRGINIA! To the Commonwealth, I say! Oooooohh Jaaaaack…. Virginia would be a great Dream Home 2013 location!

Debra G. on November 2, 2011 at 1:09 pm
    • love Mathews County but we like the looks of the "Northern Neck" too, a town called Reedville has some really nice properties…Would love to live on the "Eastern Shore" area, but it looks to rich for our blood…but we still have some time, about 6 years worth…

maria_w_in_nj on November 2, 2011 at 1:35 pm
    • Hi, Maria and Debra–Virginia IS a wonderful place for retirement (or for businesses too)! I live in SE VA in the greater Hampton Roads metro area (which includes Matthews County). We're near Yorktown, Williamsburg, not too far from Richmond or the Washington D.C. area, and one can find everything one's heart desires around here! If you prefer the feeling of a small town, rather than large city, such as Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, then look into Cape Charles–on the Eastern Shore. It lies just over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel from Virginia Beach, and has a charming community feel, good restaurants, antique dealers, major golf courses at Bay Creek, great birding, and terrific wilderness conservation areas. Then, again, Virginia has gorgeous mountainous terrain along its northern and western side…lots to look at. Google away! :D

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 4, 2011 at 4:15 pm
    • thanx DSDE, the hubs and I were just discussing where we are going to end up…we just feel like once we don't work in the gaming halls of AC NJ that we are not going to stay in this area, don't want to spend our retirement daze in the ca sin o's like I see so many seniors doing spending their live savings, such a shame, I mean after 33 years that is last place I would want to spend any time, I'm so burnt out I'm crispy…I have been looking on the Eastern Shore but the home seem very pricey…I will look into the town you said though…

maria_w_in_nj on November 5, 2011 at 7:31 am
  3. Congratulations to Carol and her family! Please enjoy the property for many years to come.

DGustaf on November 2, 2011 at 12:36 pm
  4. none, lets not play the race thing…as a matter of fact the lady who just won the Urban Oasis home was a lady of color so don't even go there… http://blog.hgtv.com/urban-oasis/2011/10/25/meet-

OK people, I'm just as disappointed that it is not my family as the rest of you, but let's "play nice"…

maria_w_in_nj on November 2, 2011 at 12:39 pm
  5. Congratulations Carol. I hope you enjoy this home as much as we here on the blog have enjoyed watching her grow into the beauty you won.

funfordot on November 2, 2011 at 12:43 pm
  6. you don't deserve to win anything with your attitude. Get a job that will get you out of your neighborhood if you don't like where you live.

Bob on November 2, 2011 at 12:46 pm
  7. so if you would have won – all would have been fair – right?

bob on November 2, 2011 at 12:48 pm
    • touche', booyah, and anything else that I could not think of…

:p

maria_w_in_nj on November 2, 2011 at 1:23 pm
    • that is so not the point Bob. I don't think that is what Cornhusker is saying. It people would open thier minds that will see that the poster has a valid point. You are not going to get any extra points from DIY to agree with the way this crap is handled! It even tells you in the rules that they review your background and if THEY don't find you worthy they pick someone else. That is bullcrap no matter what you say.

CountryGirl on November 2, 2011 at 2:51 pm
  8. What a wonderful birthday present for Carol Livingston! It sounds like she and her family intend to enjoy the house and its great location — I hope Carol will post a few comments here on the blog to let the rest of us know what life is like in this beautiful Blog Cabin!

CplusE on November 2, 2011 at 12:48 pm
  9. Congrats Carol Enjoy!!! Terrific to read your answers to the questions…. I feels real. ENJOY!!

pj4joy on November 2, 2011 at 12:51 pm
  10. congratulations Carol!……I am dissapointed in the process..I miss the bling…balloons colorful pictures of the drawing…..never a clue as to if the winning entry is a mail in or .online…… Mary… I realize you are only doing your job ….and you are great at it…….but I wish you could influence the powers that be to be more thoughtful of all of us hopefuls…..make it more interesting……anyhow,,,,thanks again to all … and on to Maine.

viviloree on November 2, 2011 at 12:52 pm
    • I could be wrong, but I think HGTV and DIY handle the contest announcements differently, even though both are part of Scripps network.

LLColeman on November 3, 2011 at 1:24 am
    • You are right LLC. DIY has notified the winners of the past blog cabins by email, phone call and the winner of this years vacation by Fed Ex. Ritway handles all of the sweepstakes for both HGTV and DIY.

SweetLiz on November 3, 2011 at 10:29 am