Sep 29

The 2012 Location

Are you ready? We are. We’re heading up north next year to gut-renovate the most adorable ocean-front home.

The location of Blog Cabin 2012 will be in …

• Posted at 5:28 pm on September 9, 2011

2,051 Comments

1. Love it!!!

Norm on September 29, 2011 at 7:18 pm
  2. Almost speechless….
    How do you guys do it???
    Well bloggers, settle in and buckle down for more entertainment !!!
    Talking about jaw dropping! Can't wait to see what's in store for the next one!
    Gotta catch my breath !

1sunny1 on September 29, 2011 at 7:19 pm
    • I agree with u I love farm life and water front it is a jaw droper

dots2730 on January 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm
  3. WOW!!! Dare I dream so big???? Summers in Maine, winters in VA???? Either way, we are all in for another exciting BC Blog.

Classy Patsy on September 29, 2011 at 7:29 pm
    • Yes, Summer is definitely in Maine…….because I am going to win this home!

Summer on September 30, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    • Good Luck Summer! Anticipation……cant wait til they start working on this beauty. Don't forget we all still have a chance for Twin Coves. Don't lose hope there.

Classy Patsy on September 30, 2011 at 7:43 pm
  4. Thanks Mary. That treasure hunt was painless. I barely felt a thing.:p Waldoboro will be my Maine–green acre–coastal dream now. I guess we don't have to play where's Waldo this time. He turned up in Maine.o.0

Cami on September 29, 2011 at 7:33 pm
    • I think Mary may have upset an entire flock of wild geese by giving the Blog Cabin 2012 location away so easily. Now those wild geese are honking up a storm while impatiently waiting in the "wings" for the next chance to lead us over hill and dale, through the woods and points South, East, North and West — until we're so confused we won't know WHICH WAY to go, much less to find grandmother's house!

DBCoop on September 29, 2011 at 7:57 pm
    • We saw a gaggles of geese the other day. They were a LONG way from Maine! LOL I kept hoping they wouldn't s-p–o-t us, the way things have been going lately. B)

Trish on October 7, 2011 at 7:38 am
    • For the record, Mary, I am not upset. Noooo, not even the slightest. After that harsh beat down of DH, this was a much kinder, gentler, and (no offense, Coop) much preferred to the alternative! This was PERFECT!

Debra G. on September 29, 2011 at 10:55 pm
    • No geese were harmed in this reveal…I think the bird that had most influence on Mary is the Grouse—to be specific, all the grousing we 've done over her clues has finally gotten to her !

LLColeman on September 30, 2011 at 3:26 am
  5. That house looks amazing. Bigger than I ever could've imagined. Gorgeous views. Perfect place. :)

Cami on September 29, 2011 at 7:36 pm
  6. As a Maryland girl, born and raised, I love all types of seafood; especially Chesapeake Bay blue crabs steamed with Old Bay seasoning. However, with a small amount of arm-twisting, I could love Maine lobster just as much! :) I can't wait to start choosing items to go into the house. I can do it from the back porch of the grand lady that we so lovingly want to call home. Good luck, "y'all."

KimG918 on September 29, 2011 at 7:44 pm
    • The oldest son and I went crabbing today, only stayed out about 1 hour got 10 keepers…dinner…I love blue claw too, I make a mean garlic crab….

maria_w_in_nj on September 29, 2011 at 8:23 pm
    • I haven't had that, Maria. It sounds good. Care to share the recipe? :) Oh, btw, I think it's great you went crabbing yesterday and did it with your son. My son is in Washington state in the Army. I got to see him in May when they let him come home for my dad's funeral, but I really miss those long talks you can have with your son when you are both busy doing something like crabbing (or driving home from a funeral). Enjoy your family, they are so precious. :)

KimG918 on September 30, 2011 at 4:47 pm
    • You and your son deserve our thanks for his service. My condolences on your father's passing, KimG918.
      I hope the time soon comes when your son is back home again.

LLColeman on October 1, 2011 at 1:09 am
    • Thanks, LL. He's coming home for Christmas and then they are talking about sending them to Afghanastan in March. I have never been more scared in my whole life. My faith is going to have to be strong.

KimG918 on November 5, 2011 at 7:25 pm
    • KimG, what LL said…ditto for me.

Cheryl K on October 7, 2011 at 1:59 am
    • KimG918, My deepest thanks for your Son and his service to our USA!!! My son, also in the Army, just returned from his 3rd tour of duty in the Middle East: 2 in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan. I think that he now has PTSD from the trauma of having to see and send his troops into combat situations, though he supports the war(s) there. My heartfelt hope is that your son will talk about his experiences and grow from them rather than pull back, since it really hurts all who face wars. Like the loss of your Father, I buried my Mom last July (Hubby [who served 2 tour of Vietnam in the Navy--and no one thanked those Warriors when they came back--remember?] and I had cared for my Mother over nearly 18 years in our home). FAMILY is a great gift from God and indeed precious!!! My heart goes out to you! <3

DownSouthDowneaster on October 18, 2011 at 6:21 pm
    • I don't know if you will see this, DownSouth, but I just read it as I am a teacher and I usually don't leave work until between 5 and 7 and then I race home to do more work and take care of the family.
      Thank you so much for your kind words. I am truly scared for my son as he acts tough, but he's really just a kind-hearted kid. I will pray for your son and all the military men and women who are going through physical and mental trials. You sound like a wonderful, caring woman who has had her own trials in life. You are certainly right about family; they are such a gift from God. I often wonder how many times during the day that we are blessed and we may not even know it. Peace and blessings to you and your family.

KimG918 on November 5, 2011 at 7:19 pm
    • For Kim and Kitty, you are both such courageous mothers, and the love and compassion you have for others has inspired your sons to serve the country. It is a heartbreak to see the bravery and patriotism of young people result in returning home, with the pain and distress from war experiences. I have two sons myself, and cannot imagine how a parent would deal with that fear and concern for a child, even though pride and admiration is part of those emotions also.
      Those young men will be in my thoughts and prayers.

LLColeman on November 7, 2011 at 2:52 am
    • Hey I am a MD O'Bay girl to. There is nothing like it us Marylanders hear "seafood" and we are in. Good luck to you and if you win call me so we can pull the steamers out girl lol. Lobster has to be the bomb not shipped fresh from the waters of Maine. OMG, I am commenting on the blog before I have even entered I am excited already Good luck again to everyone but this has to be a dream come true for a Maryland girl okay c-ya gotta go enter

Towanda on October 6, 2011 at 9:30 pm
    • Well, Towanda, you and I didn't win, but I'm always up for crabs! I go to O.C. every Memorial Day weekend with a group of friends. "Meet us down the ocean, hon." lol

KimG918 on November 5, 2011 at 7:21 pm
    • I lived up north in a fishing town so we could get lobster right off the boats any time we wanted. However, being a Maryland girl I will always think that blue crab is the best seafood there is and a summer is not complete without a backyard crab feast. That being said I will cheerfully plan to visit family if I go through "blue Crab withdrawal". I want this cabin :-) !!!

Dawn1968 on December 10, 2011 at 1:30 pm
    • heck yea Maryland girl! me too!
      NOTHING BETTER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD THAN BAY BLUE CRABS WITH OLD BAY!!! I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES NOW – WHERE THOUGH RIGHT ON THE PACIFIC OCEAN – THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHATSOEVER HOW TO SEASON SEAFOOD. I CARRY A SMALL PLASTIC CONTAINER WITH ME OF OLD BAY EVERYWHERE I GO! IT MAKES EVERY KIND OF FISH TASTE BETTER!
      EVEN LOBSTER FROM MAINE!
      THIS NEW BLOG CABIN WILL BE A GREAT PROJECT – 51 ACRES WOOOOHOOOO! We Marylanders like any home on the water!!!!

TRACY on October 17, 2011 at 4:10 am
    • Old Bay is a great seasoning staple that should be on every pantry shelf! It's even good on popcorn and french fries!! But I can't say that I prefer it on fresh Maine lobster though. Give me a large, hardshell, boiled in seawater lobster and fresh drawn butter. Perfection can't be improved…. :)

DownSouthDowneaster on October 17, 2011 at 10:14 am
    • Tracy, you got it right! If I lived anywhere where I couldn't find Old Bay, I think I'd have to have it shipped in! lol I put it on home fries, in potato salad, deviled eggs. Yes, you get the drift. You should let McCormick's know what you do; I think there's an ad in your story! :)

KimG918 on November 5, 2011 at 7:24 pm
  7. Wow cant wait to see the finished cabin! Looks to be another winner! Sure is north of Miami.

SNUFFY1996 on September 29, 2011 at 8:04 pm
  8. Not to say I told ya so but…I NAILED IT!!! Yes Maine….ruffybc, how about that girl, we knew it all along:p Wow I didn't think they could top the Va BC, but this place is going to be fantastic…Wow I LOVE THAT LOCATION TOO!!!!:*

maria_w_in_nj on September 29, 2011 at 8:19 pm
    • Maria Jersey girl! yes we were right and man O man this is the best yet:) I can't wait to see what they do with this!

ruffybc on September 30, 2011 at 1:53 pm
    • Good guessing, ladies !

LLColeman on October 1, 2011 at 1:10 am
    • but they didn't top it to me.

Nebraska on October 4, 2011 at 10:17 pm
  9. Such a beautiful location…… WOW…… ;~}

Lisa on September 29, 2011 at 8:30 pm
  10. All in favor of Matt Blashaw hosting the Maine renovation say …aye
    everyone who doesn't want Matt, don't say anything…:p ;)

maria_w_in_nj on September 29, 2011 at 8:32 pm
    • aye aye EYE-absolutely Matt Blashaw!

SID on September 29, 2011 at 8:48 pm
    • Aye aye–the man with beautiful eyes and nice hair.B)<3

Cami on September 29, 2011 at 8:59 pm
    • AYE!!!!!

Debra G. on September 29, 2011 at 9:56 pm
    • Two hairbrushes up in the air !! MAAATT !

LLColeman on September 30, 2011 at 2:55 am
    • Yahoo….. I want Matt too!

He's fun, educational and very easy on the eyes. B)

StellaF on September 30, 2011 at 11:38 am
    • Aye Aye Cap'n!

Mimitheminer on September 30, 2011 at 3:44 pm
    • Aye, aye, Matty!…er …I mean matey!

Dghawk4 on September 30, 2011 at 4:37 pm
    • Definitely in favor of Matt Blashaw hosting the Maine renovation and all of them.

Lynn on September 30, 2011 at 6:02 pm
    • Matt left me a message on his facebook page…I asked him if he got the word about hosting the Maine BC…this is his reply…

Hey Maria! Actually no word yet on the host for next year. If they ask me back, I would love to do it. Such an amazing experience. I would love to have another host in our DIY family have the chance to have the same experience though. We shall see!

the good news is that no host has been chosen yet so Matt could still be our man!!!

I agree Stella, very easy on the eyes… ;)

maria_w_in_nj on September 30, 2011 at 8:27 pm
    • LOL !

deafsinger on September 30, 2011 at 10:52 pm
    • maria, he also answered me twice on Facebook. He really seems like such a sweet person. He did get to do the interview with Bill Tatterson. ( I wish Mary could be as prompt with answering questions ! )

LLColeman on October 1, 2011 at 1:15 am
    • It's "ayah" if you're from Maine :)

Ginny on September 30, 2011 at 9:32 pm
    • LOL, Ginny …..

LLColeman on October 1, 2011 at 1:15 am
    • How about bringing the Twins back…with Matty "BlahBlah" as the head honcho to get this Grand Dame back in shape ? He seems to have no problem overseeing all the nonsense that transpires and the Twins do awesome work.

stinger62 on October 2, 2011 at 12:57 pm
    • AYUH, to Matt hosting this Maine renovation.

windsmurf on October 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
    • You have my vote Matt Blashaw….I love the show. Would love to settle down in one of your "blog cabins". Until then…I'll keep watching….My tv stays on HGTV….it's awsome.

Hazel McMillan on October 4, 2011 at 9:04 am
    • Matt Blashaw has my vote—–one great package, smart, talented, down to earth, dedicated to his job, but has fun and (so easy to look at with those sky blue eyes and nice hair)) mmm oh, also he shared his great Photos with us on facebook, kept us informed and answered questions…..Great Host!!!!!
      I do hope whoever is Host, makes sure their is a Cam inside and out during this Renovation, we enjoyed it so much on the 2010 BC in Bethel

Jennie/Florida on October 6, 2011 at 12:33 pm
    • Aye!!!

Ingred on October 10, 2011 at 5:42 pm
    • MATT IS SO CUTE & FUNNY. HOPE HE'S THE MAN FOR THIS JOB!

WANDA on December 30, 2011 at 7:19 pm